Chiropractor for loss of taste/smell

3,938 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by CrystalLakeAgbu
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just got infected for the 2nd time (1st Jan 21) and my taste/smell just went away again. First time the only way I knew I had it at all was the taste/smell loss. This time I have had head aches congestion and a very slight cough. It took a solid 4 or 5 months for my taste to come back all the way last time and was miserable so I'm all in on trying to avoid that outcome this go round.

I found this on the internet and wanted to see if anyone had any insight here, it would seem like a bunch of bull**** but if this loss continues on like last time I'm probably desperate enough to give it a shot.

https://www.fox26houston.com/video/1060747
aggiederelict
You already know the answer. This is quackery.
88planoAg
AG
Did you do smell therapy the first time?

Get eucalyptus, rose, lemon and clove. Smell the first for 15 seconds twice. Wait 30 seconds then do the second. then 3rd and 4th. Repeat 2x/day. That has been shown to help and helped me.
KidDoc
AG
It may or may not work but it will definitely make the chiropractor $75 richer each week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCG Disciple
AG
How much does one pay to get a puff piece like that on the local news?

Viral particles staying in the herniated disc because of lack of movement. You got to work this viral particles out!
Jock 07
AG
So that was my assumption as well, I really couldn't figure out how a news channel would pick that story up. And from what I can tell this is the only person trying to make this claim, would like to hear from all of her supposed fellow chiropractors she claims to reference.

Smell/taste came back within a few hours, pretty sure it was related to the congestion this go round. Never lost the ability to distinguish sweet/salty/bitter. First time it was like a light switch initially where there wasn't even a hint of a sensation. But I also didn't have any congestion at all as the taste/smell loss was literally the only way I knew I had gotten it.

Anyhow pretty much back 100% at this point. Was really nothing more than a sinus infection, certainly nothing worth bringing back the insanity of the draconian public "health" mandates that some seem to get off on.
cp09
AG
I am a chiropractor, these types of doctors is what gives us a bad name in some medical circles. No actual measurable evidence, protocol or anything.

Really crazy this was picked up by a big news outlet.
spherical
AG
Years ago, A chiropractor my girlfriend was going to for some neck problems, tried to tell me he could lower my cholesterol via adjustments. I was too stunned to laugh.

KidDoc
AG
I love chiros for musculoskeletal pain as MD/DOs aren't really good at treating that stuff anyway. When they start preaching anti-vax, treating diabetes and allergies, etc I am not as supportive of their visits.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
01agtx
AG
I am a huge fan of chiropractic for many things but especially brain based work. Chiros like Brandon Crawford in Austin and Kyle Daigle in Lake Charles are doing amazing work with really difficult issues like HIE, near drownings, low functioning/non-verbal autism, etc. Getting a non-verbal child to speak is so life changing for the family and the child.
AggieUSMC
AG
It took 2 weeks for my taste and smell to return. I just smelled things in my pantry a few times a day. Don't know if it helped me recover but it did help me monitor the progress.
aggiederelict
Why not just send them to a PT? We do all the rehab stuff without any of the quackery.
KidDoc
AG
aggiederelict said:

Why not just send them to a PT? We do all the rehab stuff without any of the quackery.
That is generally my preference and it is my normal practice. It is mostly if the family asks for chiro.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Sheet, dawg! I'm feelin all viral particly. Imma be hittin up the chiropractor.
CrystalLakeAgbu
Maybe a massage will help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.