Bias aside, this warrants a closer look into COVID vaccine for future generations

4,733 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by encinoag
Pokgai
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/the-safe-and-effective-narrative

Despite which side you are on, I strongly believe that we all need to take an objective analytical view into this matter. With accumulating data we can no longer sweep this issue under the rug or deem it as conspiracy theories. COVID will continue to live among us and many of us will continue to take the COVID vaccine. Therefore, the safety of the vaccine should be prioritize above other concerns.
FlyRod
https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/10/05/1036408/silicon-valley-millionaire-steve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/amp/
Pokgai
FlyRod said:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/10/05/1036408/silicon-valley-millionaire-steve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/amp/
That's an article aimed to attack Steve Kirsch personally. Not to mention it's a year old. Much have changed since then. The article in the OP was a collection of independent studies across the world.
Bucketrunner
I would hope that a Covid vaccine isn't a regular thing going forward since the mutations are increasingly less deadly. I admit to taking the annual flu shot, but I would discontinue that if they included an unnecessary Covid vaccine with it.
Pinochet
That's an awful long list. Mix of empirical, statistical, and anecdotal evidence. We'd be crazy to dismiss out of hand or try to avoid reading it by ad hominem attacks on the author. Thanks for posting.
Proposition Joe
The article doesn't attack Kirsch personally, it brings up countless examples -- all with supporting facts -- of how he collects data that support his conclusion rather than having the data produce the conclusion.

The COVID vaccine absolutely warrants a closer look for future generations, but Kirsch is very much a guy who has been right so many times in regards to business that he assumes he must be right about things way outside his lane.
Pokgai
Even if what you claimed is true, his current collection of data has grew so alarmingly long that we can no longer deny that there is something dangerously wrong with the COVID vaccine.

I am not here to discuss Steve's motives. Every side, every article has an agenda. We all know that. I am only asking everyone to take an objective view on all the data presented.
willtackleforfood
AG
Steve Kirsch is double jabbed.
fullback44
AG
Pinochet said:

That's an awful long list. Mix of empirical, statistical, and anecdotal evidence. We'd be crazy to dismiss out of hand or try to avoid reading it by ad hominem attacks on the author. Thanks for posting.
Bingo… too many people don't want to hear this because they were on board with taking the jabs…. I got word for all of y'all, NONE of the data coming back is positive except early on after each injection. Long term insurance companies have seen Massive increases in excess deaths like never seen before. Plenty of other data shows negative efficacy after a few months.. I assume this is where the excess deaths tie in, compromised immune systems sounds like the issue or excess clotting around various parts of the body
aggiebrad94
AG
Get Off My Lawn
Options abound for confirmation on any side.

There are some simple concepts that should be universal, though:
- A rational person should consider the cost:benefit before taking ANY medication.
- It should be self evident that as a virus evolves, a vaccine designed for the legacy variant loses its functional benefit.
- We likely have all been (or will be) exposed to Covid
- Ineffective measures aren't made effective through religious adherence.
Pokgai
Get Off My Lawn said:

- A rational person should consider the cost:benefit before taking ANY medication.
- It should be self evident that as a virus evolves, a vaccine designed for the legacy variant loses its functional benefit.
I agree with all your points. I would add another point to your list:

- Long term side/negative effects of the COVID vaccine.

This is one of the most sensitive subjects for the COVID vaccine, but critical to our discussion.
KidDoc
AG
That webpage is insane. Item #4 is just a flat out lie.

What needs to be learned from the EUA is the reason EUA have never been used for vaccines in the past. The long term efficacy of these vaccines is awful and if that had be learned during a traditional five year clinical trial they would not have been approved.

I understand why they were pushed out but they are not working out nearly as good as the short term data promised.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Get Off My Lawn
Pokgai said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

I agree with all your points. I would add another point to your list:

- Long term side/negative effects of the COVID vaccine.

This is one of the most sensitive subjects for the COVID vaccine, but critical to our discussion.
I appreciate that point, but didn't include it because its not universally considered. The counter to the "long term side effects" is the "long term Covid / death" and that's an argument that would've distracted from any attempt to establish a sane middle ground.
Harry Stone
AG
KidDoc said:

What needs to be learned from the EUA is the reason EUA have never been used for vaccines in the past. The long term efficacy of these vaccines is awful and if that had be learned during a traditional five year clinical trial they would not have been approved.

I understand why they were pushed out but they are not working out nearly as good as the short term data promised.

Im not disagreeing about long term efficacy, but I do have a question:

at what point in history has an eua been necessary for a vaccine? the only one i can remotely think of is polio and that was invented in 1953 and released in 1955, so it wasnt a very long timeline either. the first influenza wasnt discovered till long after spanish flu. so i still ask when did the us fda ever need to authorize an eua for a vaccine?

note, im probably not thinking of something.

Infection_Ag11
AG
The "information" in that article is almost exclusively complete nonsense. For example, this:

Quote:

The vaccine injuries of toddlers who are now having seizures cannot be explained. This is now a regular occurrence for 2 and 3-year-old kids to have seizures. It's only happening in vaccinated kids and most often between 2 and 5 days of vaccination from the COVID vaccine.

Might be one of the audacious lies ever put into print. It would be more true to say the Earth orbits the moon.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Harry Stone
AG
Pokgai said:

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/the-safe-and-effective-narrative

Despite which side you are on, I strongly believe that we all need to take an objective analytical view into this matter. With accumulating data we can no longer sweep this issue under the rug or deem it as conspiracy theories. COVID will continue to live among us and many of us will continue to take the COVID vaccine. Therefore, the safety of the vaccine should be prioritize above other concerns.

Im an mRNA person, and objectively speaking there iis absolutely no reason to get a vaccine at this point. i did get the moderna vaccine in very early 2020 because there had been no mutations at that point. but the science of mRNA is there. now that we can mostlt stabilize mRNA, its going to have a huge impact in medicine. i believe it will cure many genetic disease and have an impact in cancer treatments (if politics allows it...no money in the cure). ultimately most vaccines will move to mRNA, however I dont believe the fda will allow rapid approval on them (although i could be wrong there)
KidDoc
AG
Harry Stone said:

KidDoc said:

at what point in history has an eua been necessary for a vaccine? the only one i can remotely think of is polio and that was invented in 1953 and released in 1955, so it wasnt a very long timeline either. the first influenza wasnt discovered till long after spanish flu. so i still ask when did the us fda ever need to authorize an eua for a vaccine?

Great question and took me a bit of digging.

Quote:

FDA's newfound EUA authority would be used relatively sparingly for the first 16 years following its enactment. During that time, its most extensive use was in combating the H1N1 swine flu pandemic of 2009 by authorizing medical equipment and existing influenza drugs. Health policy experts would look back on the use of EUA against H1N1 as an overall success. It would also be used (pursuant to an amendment allowing for preemptive EUAs) to authorize occasional countermeasures in anticipation of MERS, Ebola, Zika, and other epidemics, none of which ultimately materialized in the United States.

https://blog.petrieflom.law.harvard.edu/2021/01/28/fda-emergency-use-authorization-history/
KidDoc
AG
Personally I have two doses of Moderna way back in December 2020. I plan to get Novavax at this point once available. I still haven't had COVID somehow.
Harry Stone
AG
KidDoc said:

Harry Stone said:

KidDoc said:

Great question and took me a bit of digging.

Quote:

FDA's newfound EUA authority would be used relatively sparingly for the first 16 years following its enactment. During that time, its most extensive use was in combating the H1N1 swine flu pandemic of 2009 by authorizing medical equipment and existing influenza drugs. Health policy experts would look back on the use of EUA against H1N1 as an overall success. It would also be used (pursuant to an amendment allowing for preemptive EUAs) to authorize occasional countermeasures in anticipation of MERS, Ebola, Zika, and other epidemics, none of which ultimately materialized in the United States.

https://blog.petrieflom.law.harvard.edu/2021/01/28/fda-emergency-use-authorization-history/

thank you for the info. i had no idea they used it for h1n1.
Harry Stone
AG
KidDoc said:

Personally I have two doses of Moderna way back in December 2020. I plan to get Novavax at this point once available. I still haven't had COVID somehow.

i had it feb 2021 and am in the same boat as you. my whole family just got covid over the last 6 weeks, my son just 10 days ago and im still the only non covid positive person at this point.
encinoag
AG
Received the original 2 doses(Moderna) back in Dec 2020 also and no boosters. Have had 4 blood draws participating in the UT Houston HSC Cares Study. As of my June 2022 draw still have a measurable titer of S protein. Still have not caught the virus. I travel monthly, dine out weekly and only wear a mask when seeing patients
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.