Is This Bad?

3,979 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tom Cardy
NicosMachine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4125239

planoaggie123
AG
For those that don't want to click on the link?
Tom Cardy
AG
planoaggie123 said:

For those that don't want to click on the link?
0.00125% observed occurrence of adverse effects from mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) in this study. Per their parameters, a person was more likely to be harmed by the vaccine than helped (defined as risk reduction for hospitalization from covid).

Non-peer reviewed, since someone will ask.
Get Off My Lawn
No idea what the true cost/benefit numbers will be in hind sight, but I'l can pick up on trends:

1. The reported efficacy of the jabs keep sinking.

2. The reported side effects of the jabs keep rising.

Not sure where it all settles out, but at this point those who supported mandates should be feeling some shame.
Tom Cardy
AG
Efficacy of the vaccines declining is not at all surprising given the multiple variants that have become dominant since the release of the vaccines. Against the original strain, they were much more effective and likely had a net positive benefit.

Unfortunately, the virus mutated faster than we could keep up and that benefit was lessened each time. It doesn't make any of the vaccines inherently bad, but should have definitely altered the decision making of government/businesses at that time.
planoaggie123
AG
Kick-R said:

Efficacy of the vaccines declining is not at all surprising given the multiple variants that have become dominant since the release of the vaccines. Against the original strain, they were much more effective and likely had a net positive benefit.

Unfortunately, the virus mutated faster than we could keep up and that benefit was lessened each time. It doesn't make any of the vaccines inherently bad, but should have definitely altered the decision making of government/businesses at that time.

1) The growing number of "side effects" may say otherwise...its maybe still "early" to tell but it needs to be determined.

2) The mutation was actually a good and 'natural' thing that lessened the need for vaccines.
Tom Cardy
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Kick-R said:

1) The growing number of "side effects" may say otherwise...its maybe still "early" to tell but it needs to be determined.

2) The mutation was actually a good and 'natural' thing that lessened the need for vaccines.

I've seen lots of people talking about more and more side effects, but fewer and fewer people are getting vaccinated now. Is there any data to show that there is a material increase in number or severity of side effects in recent weeks or months?

I'm very far from the belief that everyone needs to be vaccinated against covid, but it was pretty objectively beneficial for at least a short time for at-risk populations. Lack of efficacy against current strains should be the #1 consideration for that choice now.
FlyRod
An alternate perspective:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00320-6/fulltext?utm_content=212541531&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-27013292
planoaggie123
AG
Man that "funding" list makes this a difficult thing to waste my time on.
01agtx
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Man that "funding" list makes this a difficult thing to waste my time on.

They're all questionable.
mccjames
AG
Well I was vaxed over a year ago and have had zero side effects, short term or long term.

I also have not had COVID pre or post vaccine.

At this point I might take another vaccine, IF it was significantly improved or even better just wrapped up I to regular flu vaccine.

Although I never too the flu vaccine before so we will see.
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm still waiting for the variant adjusted vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna ceos said the mRNA vaccines allowed them to tweak the formula practically overnight. Yet here we are a year and half later giving out boosters that are exactly the same as day 1.
Tom Cardy
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I'm still waiting for the variant adjusted vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna ceos said the mRNA vaccines allowed them to tweak the formula practically overnight. Yet here we are a year and half later giving out boosters that are exactly the same as day 1.
I completely agree. I imagine the financial analysis reveals that not enough people would sign up for more vaccines to justify all of the investment, no other real plausible explanation
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.