Parents, Sister, Brother in Law all sick with it for the first time

3,058 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Shank Ag
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My sister (40) tested positive Friday. My mother and father (both 64) tested positive Saturday, and my sister's husband (39) on Sunday. Sister started symptoms early morning Wednesday, tested negative that day, then positive on Friday. My mother started symptoms during the day Thursday, tested saturday morning after finding out my sister was positive, and she popped a positive. Father started symptoms friday night and was positive same time my mother was. Bro-in-law had some minor symptoms saturday but then felt fine, then felt worse and was positive yesterday. All 4 vaxed and boosted with Pfizer.

Today- Sister is feeling a ton better. Still a cough but feels no other symptoms. I'd say she's over it. Getting infusion with her husband today just because she can.

Mom- Tired from coughing at night, but fever and aches are gone.
Dad- Same as mom.
Bro-in-law- Running nose and cough but otherwise feeling fine.

I went to dinner with all 4 (along with my wife and two kids) on Tuesday of last week for my sisters 40th birthday. Sister started symptoms overnight that night. My mother had spent all day Tuesday with my sister in the car and was the 2nd to start having symptoms. We were around all 4 of them for about an hour.

My questions:

1. It's now Monday, 6 days out from exposure to my sister who was not symptomatic at the time. My wife, I, and our kids (who are 3 years old and 6 months old) are not showing any symptoms. We pretty much in the clear?

2. Our son is being baptized on Sunday the 26th. Do you expect my parents and brother in law to be fine in time for the church service? We have family from all over coming in, should we tell my family members who have been positive to avoid them?

To this day, I'm not sure if I have ever had it. Some very short bouts (24 hours) with fevers and bathroom issues, 4-5 days with a really runny nose/drainage but no other symptoms, but never have had the full on COVID symptom extravaganza. Never a positive test (in the 4-5 I've taken over 2 years). Wife (J&J) and I (Moderna x 2) were vaccinated.

Aston94
AG
The Shank Ag said:

My questions:

1. It's now Monday, 6 days out from exposure to my sister who was not symptomatic at the time. My wife, I, and our kids (who are 3 years old and 6 months old) are not showing any symptoms. We pretty much in the clear?

2. Our son is being baptized on Sunday the 26th. Do you expect my parents and brother in law to be fine in time for the church service? We have family from all over coming in, should we tell my family members who have been positive to avoid them?

1. Yes, if you do not have symptoms by now, per CDC guidelines, you are clear. I believe exposure time is now 5 days.

2. They will be more than clear by the 26th, you would actually be okay if it were this coming weekend. The CDC quarantine is 5 days from symptoms now. No need to avoid others 2 weeks after.
Lobster Twins
AG
Are you saying your sister is getting a monoclonal infusion? Where?

I'm just getting over it but my mom had it first and she is still not doing great. She took steroids and paxlovid which seemed to do nothing. Her doctor just prescribed her ivermectin but we can't find anyone who has any and a few who refuse to give it to her (CVS) Fever has come back and she feels awful.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know where she can get monoclonal and/or ivermectin? This is NW Houston. She is vaccinated and boosted but it doesn't seem to matter.
The Shank Ag
Aston94 said:

The Shank Ag said:

My questions:

1. Yes, if you do not have symptoms by now, per CDC guidelines, you are clear. I believe exposure time is now 5 days.

2. They will be more than clear by the 26th, you would actually be okay if it were this coming weekend. The CDC quarantine is 5 days from symptoms now. No need to avoid others 2 weeks after.

26th is this coming weekend
The Shank Ag
Lobster Twins said:

Are you saying your sister is getting a monoclonal infusion? Where?

I'm just getting over it but my mom had it first and she is still not doing great. She took steroids and paxlovid which seemed to do nothing. Her doctor just prescribed her ivermectin but we can't find anyone who has any and a few who refuse to give it to her (CVS) Fever has come back and she feels awful.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know where she can get monoclonal and/or ivermectin? This is NW Houston. She is vaccinated and boosted but it doesn't seem to matter.

Cleburne.
Aston94
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Aston94 said:

The Shank Ag said:

My questions:

26th is this coming weekend
Where the hell did the month go? Lol.

No you are all good for this weekend as well, beyond the quarantining recommended times. Whether you tell others or not is your own personal decision.
OldArmy71
AG
Use this site to find an infusion center.

Scroll down to the THERAPUTICS SELECTOR on the right side.

Select Bebtelovimab, which is the only monoclonal antibody that they're administering these days, within seven days of symptoms.

There are a number of places in Houston that are giving it.

REMDESIVIR is also an option within seven days of symptoms. It can also be administered to people admitted to the hospital.
Not a Bot
AG
Remdesivir has potential horrible side effects including kidney injury and hasn't shown to actually be effective. Many hospitals have stopped giving it.
snowdog90
OldArmy71 said:

Use this site to find an infusion center.

Scroll down to the THERAPUTICS SELECTOR on the right side.

Select Bebtelovimab, which is the only monoclonal antibody that they're administering these days, within seven days of symptoms.

There are a number of places in Houston that are giving it.

REMDESIVIR is also an option within seven days of symptoms. It can also be administered to people admitted to the hospital.

OMG!!

OP, DO NOT let them administer Remdesivir to anyone ypu caee about. It causes kidney failure and death.

Get ivermectin and start taking it.
The Shank Ag
Update:

Everyone kicked it fast. Sister was cleared Tuesday. Mother Wednesday. Father and Bro in Law Thursday. All have the occasional cough, especially in the morning.

The wife, daughter, and I escaped. Our son (soon to be 6 months) had a fever at night Tuesday night but never had any other symptoms and hasn't had a fever since. Guessing that probably wasn't covid. Since he has Down Syndrome and was in the NICU for 2 weeks with breathing issues after birth, we were really hoping he'd not get it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.