It's Time to End the Covid re entry tests for Americans!

3,002 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Matsui
DadHammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When is this idiotic testing requirement going to end?

Seriously do we have any dates set?
beerad12man
AG
The time to end it was to never begin it
DadHammer
AG
Totally agree but dang it's just idiotic now.
Nitro Power
AG
Inconvenient and worthless as hell to. We just got back from vacation and the testing was a joke. Even if we had Covid, the test would have come back negative because they didn't insert the swab far enough into the nostril. Resorts by in large, are going to do the minimum to get by. They do not want bad publicity, and quite frankly probably think the testing requirement is idiotic as well.
MAROON
AG
I have two friends that are "stuck" in Scotland for 10 more days because they tested positive. Apparently had some symptoms on the front end of their trip, but none now.

That Americans can be barred from re-entering THEIR COUNTRY is criminal.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
KidDoc
AG
It has always been dumb. I guess you can fly to north Mexico and just walk across though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
MAROON said:

I have two friends that are "stuck" in Scotland for 10 more days because they tested positive. Apparently had some symptoms on the front end of their trip, but none now.

That Americans can be barred from re-entering THEIR COUNTRY is criminal.
Some friends of mine were in Mexico. He tested positive; she negative. The hotel told the couple, "Here is another covid test. We need you to go up to your room and retest. We need it to be negative in order for you to leave. No one is monitoring who takes this test. Bring us back a negative test."
MAROON
AG
I'm about to travel internationally and our tour operator has ensured us we will have negative tests when its time to leave. Its a joke.
Furlock Bones
AG
my friend's wife is a doc. a good neti pot rinse pretest is good for your health.
Caliber
AG
Its absolutely absurd that we ever started this, let alone that we are still doing it.

Covid is here... this won't stop it. It's ridiculous that I can fly all over the country with nothing but fly back from another country? Now we have an issue.

aggiebrad94
AG
Furlock Bones said:

my friend's wife is a doc. a good neti pot rinse pretest is good for your health.
Some saline nose spray works wonders as well
PJYoung
AG
KidDoc said:

It has always been dumb. I guess you can fly to north Mexico and just walk across though.
I'm 10 miles from our southern border so it's a pretty great backup plan.
MAROON
AG
Looks like this requirement ends Sunday at midnight

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-halt-outbound-covid-19-tests-for-air-travelers-to-u-s-11654869122
KidDoc
AG
Yup! Great news finally!

US lifts COVID-19 test requirement for international travel (kbtx.com)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJYoung
AG
I will third this great news!

Matsui
AG
Excellent news!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.