Positive Covid

7,645 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Enviroag02
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just tested positive for Covid on Friday. Started feeling bad on Wednesday. I have been taking zinc, vitamin D, and Vitamin C.

I have a dry cough that gets worse at night. It thought I had a mild case until last night. I was up all night coughing and begin to feel pain in my back. Its right between the shoulder blades. Is that inflammation of the lungs?

People are recommending ivermectin, monoclonal, and a new Pfizer drug called Paxlovid. Or just take vitamins and ride it out?

Thoughts?
EO718
stamper
AG
You should get checked out and make sure you dont have a pulmonary embolism or significant pneumonia.
KidDoc
AG
Paxlovid is likely worth taking depending on your individual risk factors.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TX05CCHH
AG
I would add 500mg Quercetin to the vitamin list as it helps the zinc absorb.
Talk to your doctor. I'm not a doctor.

Edit: praying for speedy recovery!
TX05CCHH
AG
How are you doing?
A is A
AG
hoping for a fast recovery.

Would also recommend just keeping an eye on the oxygen levels.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Damn it, just got a positive test for my 3rd round of COVID. Thought it was just some minor allergy congestion but my wife was paranoid and made me take a home test, sure enough.
The Fall Guy
AG
Move on with your life..... go to doctor only if needed.
agsalaska
AG
I just tested positive. Had it I think in January when the rest of the family had it but I didnt get tested. Just felt off that week.

Yesterday morning I woke up and was so dizzy I fell back into bed. Craziest thing but I have had bouts of that before when I used to fly a lot.

Went about my day feeling pretty normal. Last night was at Wings & More on University and didnt feel good. Back to the hotel pretty early.

Slept good but woke up today feeling awful. Went to HEB on Texas to get a thermometer and had 100.2. Dizzy, headache, short of breath.

Just got back to Temple a little while ago and am feeling quite a bit better but both rapids I took were positive. Guess I am not working tomorrow.

It is like nothing I have ever felt before. I could do without the dizziness.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
Getting chest pains now. About halfway to a full breath. I could do without that. If I lay still and relax I don't feel it.

This **** sucks
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
A is A
AG
agsalaska said:

Getting chest pains now. About halfway to a full breath. I could do without that. If I lay still and relax I don't feel it.

This **** sucks
do you have a oxygen level checking device? If not, I would go get one immediately.
agsalaska
AG
Vertigo is too severe to drive.

Wife is bringing one home after work
agsalaska
AG
Woke up from a nap and feel a lot better. Chest pains cut in half and vertigo gone

Still this dang fever. The only thing I have ever had where I couldn't shake a fever with Tylenol and Advil was a polynidal cost. It's just sitting there around 100.

Not sure why I am documenting this on TexAgs. Bored I guess.
Charpie
AG
It's ok. If people judge you for documenting what's going on, they are just jerks.

Pretty amazing how differently it's impacting folks. I agree with the oxygen monitor stuff. And if you're feeling that bad, try and get a telehealth appointment for some paxlovid.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm fighting it right now too, if you want company. Not vaccinated, few/if any comorbidities. 30s.

No dizziness or vertigo.
Symptoms started Friday PM with burning around eyes and headache. I thought it was allergies.
Since Saturday AM my symptoms have been congestion(TERRIBLE), 99.5-100.5 fever that's fairly well controlled with Tylenol and ibuprofen, cough, chills off and on, and chest pain started today.

Called the doc, who's fairly conservative when it comes to meds, and he said to do a round of Paxlovid due to the lower respiratory symptom and to monitor pulse ox. I trust his judgement so we will see how it goes.

A is A
AG
Please keep us informed. I think the biggest takeaway from all this is how different peoples bodies react and respond. Hoping you get better soon and stay out of the hospital!
agsalaska
AG
It is crazy.

I heard somebody say one time that it tends to attack your weaknesses. Sounds about right. My mother had severe arthritis and Covid paralyzed her. I've always had bad ears and have dealt with vertigo many times when I used to fly. Not surprised that's kicking in right now.

Walks clearly help with the chest congestion. Took a good walk tonight and coughed up a lung but feel better.
agsalaska
AG
Will
Charpie
AG
How are you feeling?
agsalaska
AG
Quite a bit better tonight and thanks for asking. Still coughing but the temp is down to 99.2 and the vertigo seems to have passed. Hoping that I don't get worse tomorrow. I know it has a tendency to come and go.

My 10 year old son on the other hand, who lied about how he felt so he could play baseball tonight, has 100.6 fever. Little *****
Charpie
AG
Ha. I only had a fever for an hour. I did get chest congestion and sinus congestion. The worse thing for me was the night sweats. It really is weird how it impacts everyone differently.
agsalaska
AG
First time I had it I would have never known if not for everyone else in the house having strong symptoms. I may have sneezed once and coughed twice.

Not this time.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I took a dose of Paxlovid last night and my sense of taste is all sorts of screwed up. I woke up with stomach pains as well.

I'm going to push the doc to give me something else. The number of warnings and disclaimers in the attached literature are freaking me out given the two side effects I described.
Charpie
AG
It does change your taste...but that could be covid as well.
planoaggie123
AG
NTXAg10 said:

I took a dose of Paxlovid last night and my sense of taste is all sorts of screwed up. I woke up with stomach pains as well.

I'm going to push the doc to give me something else. The number of warnings and disclaimers in the attached literature are freaking me out given the two side effects I described.

This issue might be availability of alternatives. Not sure if they even offer monoclonal antibodies. Are there other pills? Seems like only other option would be to do the supplements recommended by many on this board + symptom management. Hopefully passes soon with little issue...
KidDoc
AG
NTXAg10 said:

So you don't want to take something with proven efficacy? Want some placebocillin instead?

Honestly the sense of taste is probably just COVID, the stomach pains could be either a side effect or COVID as well. If I ever get COVID I know I'm going to take Paxlovid as the risk v benefit weighs heavily towards benefit unless you have a significant drug interaction.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I had been in the throws of COVID for 3 days before taking Paxlovid and no taste issues until an hour after taking the drug. Further, they list altered taste as a known side effect.

So no I don't think the two issues I listed were from the virus.

planoaggie123
AG
To be a bit fair to the doc....there are many cases of the loss of taste being 4+ days after...

Many of the studies reported that the onset of anosmia and ageusia occurred 4 to 5 days after the manifestation of other symptoms of the infection and that these symptoms started to disappear after one week, with more significant improvements in the first two weeks.

If I were you and you do not want to take the pill anymore, there are a few threads of alternative treatments including Vitamin C, etc you should look into....
Charpie
AG
How are you doing today?
YNWA_AG
AG
KidDoc said:

NTXAg10 said:

So you don't want to take something with proven efficacy? Want some placebocillin instead?

Honestly the sense of taste is probably just COVID, the stomach pains could be either a side effect or COVID as well. If I ever get COVID I know I'm going to take Paxlovid as the risk v benefit weighs heavily towards benefit unless you have a significant drug interaction.

Tested positive yesterday and the doctor prescribed that merck pill. Is that worth taking?
Charpie
AG
What pill? Paxlovid is a Pfizer pill. The husband and I both took it.
planoaggie123
AG
Merck has a pill. Seems to be less effective than Plaxovid and apparently has a few more side effects too.
YNWA_AG
AG
Charpie said:

What pill? Paxlovid is a Pfizer pill. The husband and I both took it.

molnupiravir. I was in Laredo for work and this is what they prescribed. Went back to Houston last night after testing positive.

KidDoc
AG
YNWA_AG said:

KidDoc said:

NTXAg10 said:

Tested positive yesterday and the doctor prescribed that merck pill. Is that worth taking?

Paxlovid data is much better.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm on a host of vitamins and aminos(multi, d, zinc, Quercetin, NAC, etc) and have been since 2020.

Started ivermectin yesterday afternoon after discussing it with the doc.

Starting day 5: This could be coincidental, or maybe there's a correlation with me starting IVM, but I feel 1000% better this morning. Sinus issues dried up over night, fever free for roughly 18 hours, cough seems improved(not gone), still have night sweats, headache is gone, energy is probably 80-90% of normal.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.