Positive Covid

6,167 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgInMO
TX05CCHH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey, 38m, tested positive this morning on home test. I'm not sure what day I'm on. I started having more congestion on Saturday than normal, worked out Sunday at the gym, and woke up Monday with really sore back and shoulders. Lots of sinus drainage going on. I took an allegra Monday evening. Tuesday morning still feeling achy and slight phlegm cough so I took a test, positive.
I took 500mg C, 500 mg Quercetin, 30mg zinc, 5000iu D3. What else is on the latest protocol? Any suggestions?
A is A
AG
There are two main schools of thought on this forum.

Many of us that have been through covid unvaccinated have taken Ivermectin within 24 hrs of symptoms and noticed a shorter life span of symptoms (along with all you have taken as well). That school of thought follows the FLCCC. (https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf)

The other school of thought is to rely that there is nothing you can do but to rely on your vaccine and do not try something that could potential help and only has anecdotal evidence.

Both would say to monitor your blood oxygen levels. If they get too low, go to the hospital immediately

The choice is yours. Get some sun on the skin. take it easy but not too easy - don't be a couch potato, but don't go running a marathon.

best of luck and keep us updated!
TX05CCHH
AG
Thanks for the advice. On the flccc website it says to take Ivermectin with food, but other sites say without food. Does it matter? Getting some Ivermectin.
TX05CCHH
AG
I took the Ivermectin, hopefully all this stuff works.
Rex Racer
AG
Don't lie down on your back. If you can, lie on your stomach for several hours a day. That will help you to not develop pneumonia.
The Fall Guy
AG
Does it feel like the flu? You will be fine
planoaggie123
AG
Thought about Plaxovid? I would probably would at least get a prescription to have it ready in case I started getting worse but that is me. I guess all the side effects may make it not an option for you. Get better soon.
01agtx
AG
In addition to the FLCCC protocol, I used betadine sore throat gargle and a Neti pot several times a day to help decrease viral load. Covid came and went fairly quickly.
TefIon Don
AG
Using a Neti pot just about immediately alleviated my symptoms, which were synonymous with a sinus infection.
tmaggies
AG
TX05CCHH said:

You are proactive and will be fine!
A is A
AG
TX05CCHH said:

Let us know in the morning how you are doing.
GAC06
AG
I'm 38 and when I got covid I watched tv and drank bourbon. Worked great for me
oldcrow91
AG
TefIon Don said:

Using a Neti pot just about immediately alleviated my symptoms, which were synonymous with a sinus infection.

This also helped me test negative for my trip to Hawaii.
I scheduled 2 tests because I had just recovered from omicron. (which caused a sinus infection and a zpac knocked it out)
The first test at cvs, I did the neti pot priot to my test.
The second test was the next day at Walgreens with no neti pot before hand.

I tested negative the first test after the neti pot and I tested positive the second test without the neti pot.

KidDoc
AG
I would get Paxlovid although you are pretty low risk unless you are obese or have some other pre-existing condition. Paxlovid appears to have minimal side effects so the likely benefit outweighs the super tiny risk of adverse effects.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
AG
TX05CCHH said:

Hey, 38m, tested positive this morning on home test. I'm not sure what day I'm on. I started having more congestion on Saturday than normal, worked out Sunday at the gym, and woke up Monday with really sore back and shoulders. Lots of sinus drainage going on. I took an allegra Monday evening. Tuesday morning still feeling achy and slight phlegm cough so I took a test, positive.
I took 500mg C, 500 mg Quercetin, 30mg zinc, 5000iu D3. What else is on the latest protocol? Any suggestions?
Sounds like you had a great back and shoulder day at the gym!

Seriously, hope you feel better. Take the C,D and Zinc and rest and you should be fine. I up the doses whenever I feel sick. Seems to be some evidence that during an illness, extra D and zinc are good and won't hurt you during that short period. I just got over something with bad congestion and cough. I also took Mucinex/dayquil during the day and Nyquil at night. Helped and its gone for the most part now. No idea what it was. I don't get tested....
TX05CCHH
AG
Hey, feeling ok today. I didn't get great sleep last night but managed about 5 hours. I'm going to take a melatonin tonight to see if that helps. Have a phlegm cough, sinus pressure. Took some 1% homemade iodine drops around 3pm. Per that flccc page says can help kill the virus in the nose. Took all the vitamins and ivermectin. I went and got a vitamin boost iv that a nurse friend took when she had covid. Going to rest up the rest of the day.
AggieUSMC
AG
drink plenty of fluids. Vitamin C. Ibuprofen/Tylononol to control fevers. Rest.
Ivermectin is worthless for COVID but it wont hurt you.

Sounds like you're already getting better.
tmaggies
AG
Glad your doing better and Tylononol is worthless for COVID also.
TX05CCHH
AG
About the same today again, tired still from not getting consistent sleep. Energy level a bit up. Phlegm cough still. Phlegm not as green today, more yellow, so I hope thats a good sign. I think the coughing is irriating my throat so the uvula making tickle and cough. Drinking a bunch of water. I walked on the home treadmill for 20 min and did stretches. I'm not sure the protocol on excersise and don't want to overdo it.

I'm going to retest tomorrow to see if still positive.
TX05CCHH
AG
Still positive this morning
01agtx
AG
TX05CCHH said:

Still positive this morning

I'm not vaccinated and treated Covid from day 1. Symptoms were very short lived. At that time I had to test weekly for work and tested positive for 2 or 3 weeks, long after symptoms were gone.
planoaggie123
AG
I am not sure how variable it is but my wife tested postive for about 2 weeks after she initially got it....we had a test and used it out of curiosity but that was our last one....not sure when she actually would have been "clear" but if you are slightly symptomatic still seems like a good chance you will show as positive for a while...just treat it like you would any other sickness and get back out once symptoms are clear and you feel like getting out.

edit: meant to reply to TX05CCHH
Gizzards
AG
Treat your symptoms. It's not the same disease as two years ago. You don't need a concoction of vitamins. When you don't have fever anymore do whatever you want.
TX05CCHH
AG
Lot more energy this morning, cough much better.
88planoAg
AG
Don't retest. You can test positive for weeks/months, ignore that. I think current guidelines are 5 days then you are good.
Gizzards
AG
Stop testing. It changes nothing.
PJYoung
AG
88planoAg said:

Don't retest. You can test positive for weeks/months, ignore that. I think current guidelines are 5 days then you are good.
TX05CCHH
AG
Well, crap, literally.

I was feeling good yesterday, ready to get back to home office work for the first part of the week. And then last night I went to the bathroom and there is blood in the stool. What! This is not normal for me. I made my way to the doctor today and got a stool sample kit, that's been fed ex priority shipped this afternoon. I thought I was over all this stuff.

Has anyone heard of anything like this with covid? Too many supplements? I'm more scared of this because I have no idea what's going on
FlyRod
Covid is an inflammatory disease, in that it attacks blood vessels in organs, and yes, GI Issues are one of the symptoms as the intestinal lining gets hit hard sometimes. I'd take pro-biotics and maybe a good yogurt brand to boot. And obviously talk to your doctor about this! Good luck and speedy recovery!
TX05CCHH
AG
Yes, doing everything I know to do at this point. Just waiting for results from test but that can take 3-4 days. Maybe internal hemorrhoid is inflamed from the coughing and going more frequently.
LSB_2002
AG
TX05CCHH said:

Yes, doing everything I know to do at this point. Just waiting for results from test but that can take 3-4 days. Maybe internal hemorrhoid is inflamed from the coughing and going more frequently.
Most likely the culprit! I had major digestive issues months after covid, as did my wife. We are/were covid long haulers. GI doc said that they have seen a huge uptick in gastro problems since covid. I had blood....turns out, it was inflamed polyps that were benign (removed) that were bleeding.

Good luck.
TX05CCHH
AG
Lab tests negative for infection, so that's good. But still getting the blood. Doctor says very likely internal hemorrhoid and all inflamed from covid. I just had a colonoscopy March 2021, so very unlikley polyp. Says to give it time.
I've been more fatigued today. I'm on day 10ish. This bleeding thing has me more nervous than I thought I would be.
TheMasterplan
TX05CCHH said:

Lab tests negative for infection, so that's good. But still getting the blood. Doctor says very likely internal hemorrhoid and all inflamed from covid. I just had a colonoscopy March 2021, so very unlikley polyp. Says to give it time.
I've been more fatigued today. I'm on day 10ish. This bleeding thing has me more nervous than I thought I would be.
You'll be fine. I had a slight positive on day 10 and then negative on day 11. I had some weird poops throughout as well.

Before people say, "don't test" which I agree - I had to for work to be able to get on site. They would've given me a waiver even if I was still testing positive but it was a new thing for us.

Day 12 I got hit with real bad fatigue and cognitive issues and I swear my shin splints got worse. 3-4 weeks from recovery I was all good - chest tightness went away after doing some yoga. Got rid of all the weird muscle inflammations that were sticking around.

There's an in between period that isn't long covid but you aren't also 100% after the virus is gone. Unfortunately it doesn't get clicks so it won't get talked about.
TX05CCHH
AG
Finally negative covid test today!
AgInMO
AG

Damn that was a long stint. M 57, I just took Benadryl bcz thought I had allergies until my wife tested positive then realized I had gave it to her and a number of friends (this was around Christmas). No one was positive very long.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.