CDC, U.K. data: COVID vaccines also failing to prevent deaths

5,715 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Get Off My Lawn
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People still supporting the vaccine are mentally invested in it being a good decision.

1. They signed up for a trial, it HAS to be good, otherwise I might have long term issues and be an idiot for signing up for the trial.

2. Reports that after the booster wears off in 3 months they may be worse off than if they hadn't have gotten the vaccine in the first place. But they can't be wrong, because…

3. They site the number of deaths as a reason to get vaccinated, yet apply that number to everyone down to as little as toddlers. They are so smart, they know that a death of an 80 year old is proof that someone in their 30's and younger should get vaccinated. And when the vaccinated 30 year old gets covid they praise the vaccine as preventing the person from getting really sick… just like all other covid positive unvaccinated.
TheMasterplan
Premium said:

People still supporting the vaccine are mentally invested in it being a good decision.

1. They signed up for a trial, it HAS to be good, otherwise I might have long term issues and be an idiot for signing up for the trial.

2. Reports that after the booster wears off in 3 months they may be worse off than if they hadn't have gotten the vaccine in the first place. But they can't be wrong, because…

3. They site the number of deaths as a reason to get vaccinated, yet apply that number to everyone down to as little as toddlers. They are so smart, they know that a death of an 80 year old is proof that someone in their 30's and younger should get vaccinated. And when the vaccinated 30 year old gets covid they praise the vaccine as preventing the person from getting really sick… just like all other covid positive unvaccinated.
#3 is so true.

Spitting out the "1 million lives lost" statistic is extremely low IQ and disingenuous. If you're not spitting out statistics by health and by age then you're either purposely misinforming or you're incompetent at critical thinking.
94chem
I'll be turning 50 this year, Lord willing. I think I'm gonna pass on the shingles vaccine now. I don't know anybody who's died from shingles.
GAC06
AG
Shingles sounds a lot worse than my covid experience
94chem
GAC06 said:

Your risk of being hospitalized from shingles is about 0.3%, and your risk of dying from shingles is non-existent.

Now, I may be wrong about this - maybe one of our health care providers can help me out. When I was getting my MMR/DTap vaccines, or when my kids got their MMR, DTap, Tdap, and varicella vaccines, we kind of thought the point was to prevent getting sick and to maintain herd immunity. Our doctors - and again, maybe we've got it backwards - never suggested that we first go out and get all of those diseases just to see how bad they were, since maybe we might not need the vaccines if none of the diseases killed us. Again, if we're supposed to get the diseases first, and then decide whether we should have been vaccinated, then I've been doing it wrong. Maybe a doctor can weigh in here.
Wildmen06
AG
i had Shingles around Christmas, survivability aside....you dont want it
Bonfired
AG
94chem said:

I'll be turning 50 this year, Lord willing. I think I'm gonna pass on the shingles vaccine now. I don't know anybody who's died from shingles.

Maybe not, but you sure as hell feel like you want to die. From a pure misery and physical pain standpoint, I'll take Covid 100 times out of 50.
GAC06
AG
94chem said:

GAC06 said:

Your risk of being hospitalized from shingles is about 0.3%, and your risk of dying from shingles is non-existent.

Now, I may be wrong about this - maybe one of our health care providers can help me out. When I was getting my MMR/DTap vaccines, or when my kids got their MMR, DTap, Tdap, and varicella vaccines, we kind of thought the point was to prevent getting sick and to maintain herd immunity. Our doctors - and again, maybe we've got it backwards - never suggested that we first go out and get all of those diseases just to see how bad they were, since maybe we might not need the vaccines if none of the diseases killed us. Again, if we're supposed to get the diseases first, and then decide whether we should have been vaccinated, then I've been doing it wrong. Maybe a doctor can weigh in here.

I lost smell and had a slight cough from covid. I would much rather have covid again than shingles. That's why your example is silly. The rest of your post is you arguing with yourself so I hope you won.
94chem
Bonfired said:

94chem said:

Maybe not, but you sure as hell feel like you want to die. From a pure misery and physical pain standpoint, I'll take Covid 100 times out of 50.
I guess I've been doing it wrong. Apparently you're supposed to actually get each disease, and then compare notes to see for which ones you should have been vaccinated. Kind of like a restaurant review. Now, would shingles have been a 5 star or a one star? - not sure which direction the scale goes.
TheMasterplan
Do the COVID vaccines prevent you from getting the disease? Are the vaccines doing it wrong?

Stupid, low-IQ argument.
Marcus Brutus
gunan01 said:

End Of Message said:

PJYoung said:

The US is approaching 1 million deaths from Covid, almost all of them unvaccinated.

I think I'll take my chances with the shot over natural immunity thank you very much.

Serious question: Is this sarcasm or meant as a serious observation?

Anytime anyone starts their post with "serious question", just ignore the troll and move on

Anytime someone questions natural immunity and seriously thinks the vax is superior, laugh hard and move on.
Aston94
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Premium said:

#3 is so true.

Spitting out the "1 million lives lost" statistic is extremely low IQ and disingenuous. If you're not spitting out statistics by health and by age then you're either purposely misinforming or you're incompetent at critical thinking.
Who on here is recommending toddlers get vaccinated? Who is mis-quoting numbers? The vaccine is good for lowering deaths in the high risk groups. If I had young children no way would I have them vaccinated for Covid. Spitting out 1 Million lives lost is not disingenuous, it is a number. Spitting out that the vaccine reduces death isn't disingenuous, its a fact.

When a person should get vaccinated by age and health categories is a different discussion, no one on here is arguing for blanket vaccines, just pointing out it did reduce deaths and that Covid did increase hospitalizations to a very high number.
Charpie
Get Off My Lawn
Aston94 said:

TheMasterplan said:

Premium said:

#3 is so true.

Who on here is recommending toddlers get vaccinated? Who is mis-quoting numbers? The vaccine is good for lowering deaths in the high risk groups. If I had young children no way would I have them vaccinated for Covid. Spitting out 1 Million lives lost is not disingenuous, it is a number. Spitting out that the vaccine reduces death isn't disingenuous, its a fact.

When a person should get vaccinated by age and health categories is a different discussion, no one on here is arguing for blanket vaccines, just pointing out it did reduce deaths and that Covid did increase hospitalizations to a very high number.
...I know a lot gets memory-holed off this board - but there were some daily-posters on this board (prior to the invasion of Ukraine) who were absolutely beating those drums.
TheMasterplan
Aston94 said:

TheMasterplan said:

Premium said:

#3 is so true.

Someone did point out "1 million lives lost" as a reason to get the vaccine. I'm vaccinated, got a boost and then got COVID. I got it to potentially reduce how bad of a time I have with it.

I agree with your sentiment about high risk and toddlers but spitting out 1 million lives lost is 100% disingenuous because there's nuance to that number regardless of whether it's true or not. Using that number to justify mandated vaccines, vaccines for children, teenagers and everyone in between is disingenuous and yes it is done on this forum.
TheMasterplan
Get Off My Lawn said:

Aston94 said:

TheMasterplan said:

Premium said:

#3 is so true.

...I know a lot gets memory-holed off this board - but there were some daily-posters on this board (prior to the invasion of Ukraine) who were absolutely beating those drums.
Exactly. Whether or not there are people on this board arguing for it or not is irrelevant as those in bureaucracies who arbitrarily create laws are.
AggieUSMC
AG
Looks like natural immunity is better than vaccinated immunity, but it does not mean vaccinated immunity is not helpful. Misleading title to the thread.
Get Off My Lawn
If you're going to start thumbs-downing "misleading" Covid-19 information on this board because it lacks sufficient nuance, you're going pretty much have to scrub nearly every thread over the past 2 years.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.