New Study finds persistent Heart Abnormalities among Covid-19 Vaccinated Children

5,342 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BCOBQ98
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(22)00282-7/fulltext#%20
lobopride
The vaccine was a massive experiment to protect old people by gambling with kids' lives.
Capitol Ag
AG
This is why we are waiting to vaccinate our kiddos. Sounds like it is still rare, but our kids have had covid twice. With very minimal infections and virtually no after effects. The fact is that overwhelming evidence suggests that it is very unlikely to be a severe infection if they do contract it again later. If your kids don't have any serious health issues or comorbidities, there is zero reason to vaccinate them especially considering many have already had the virus in some form.

I too am avoiding the booster. I just have 2 shots of the original vaccine (same with the wife) and have had covid twice (once before vax and once this past Dec-again, same as the wife and kids). Again, no effects and very minimal illness. What does the booster really give me again, at this point? It all goes back to already having natural immunity and being very fit. Not really sure I even need to worry about Covid for another 20 years.
ORAggieFan
It's been mind boggling how much we have focused on vaccinating the healthy under 30/40 crowd with what we knew, especially by the time children were eligible (knew by then vaccine did not prevent spread).

My wife and I both got vaccine early, but have avoided the kids so far as well due to what I was reading on potential myocarditis risks along with evaluating the risk factors for healthy kids.

My daughter had it and it really was almost nothing as it has been pretty clear for most kids.
fightingfarmer09
Thankfully it seems to fallen off of everyone's radar.

The next battle will be insuring it stays off mandated school vaccine protocols. I don't see how with the current trend any university can continue to require it.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/31/politics/virginia-universities-covid-vaccine-mandates/index.html
KidDoc
AG
Thanks for the link, scary stuff in those small number of teens who had post vaccine myocarditis. I have long been a vocal proponent of risk stratification for vaccine in teens. Really the only people that need it are those with risk factors and I've been advising spacing the two doses by 6 months to hopefully decrease the risk of myocarditis.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
AG
ORAggieFan said:

It's been mind boggling how much we have focused on vaccinating the healthy under 30/40 crowd with what we knew, especially by the time children were eligible (knew by then vaccine did not prevent spread).

My wife and I both got vaccine early, but have avoided the kids so far as well due to what I was reading on potential myocarditis risks along with evaluating the risk factors for healthy kids.

My daughter had it and it really was almost nothing as it has been pretty clear for most kids.
It's been beyond crazy to me how we have overestimated the risk of covid on children and those in contact with children. Absolutely no science has supported kids or young adults being at risk overall, with only a very few in the at risk group. Not enough to create a policy around. It is a very real case of the way man handles covid being more dangerous than the actual virus itself.

I do think the vaccine was an amazing feat to be developed so quickly. I do think it has helped most who were vaccinated by reducing the severity of the illness. But I also think the strategy applied by the current administration to encourage vaccination and overstating the risk to the young and healthy has created a major problem in this country with the door opened to mandates and forced vaccination and boosting.

I am not so sure I get vaccinated today, know what we know now and given the fact I had just had covid. I do not think I will have any health issues from it in the future but do not intend, as I stated earlier, to get boosted. 2X vaxed and 2X Natty immunity should be enough. For me and those around me.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
It is hard for me to understand how anyone would get their children vaccinated for Covid. It's hard for me to understand how anyone would get vaccinate based on a disease that carries a 99% chance of survival. It is hard for me to understand how anyone would trust the psychopaths that run our country with their health and well being when they have clearly stated they do not care and consider all of us worthless eaters.

I am just glad I and no one in my family were forced to or coerced into participating in the largest experiment in human history. This is the tip of the iceberg.
FlyRod
Guessing a number of parents are/were concerned about long Covid in kids. This is sadly another case where the studies are all over the place to date about the frequency of this. But again, in the absence of good data/studies and consistent messaging, people are going to take their best shots (no pun intended).
Capitol Ag
AG
FlyRod said:

Guessing a number of parents are/were concerned about long Covid in kids. This is sadly another case where the studies are all over the place to date about the frequency of this. But again, in the absence of good data/studies and consistent messaging, people are going to take their best shots (no pun intended).
It's that very lack of evidence that makes this push by the government to vax and boost the young more shocking. Focus on what we know, that the older and more prone to illness need to be the focus of vaccination and boosting. Other countries are doing just that. Not here. And the issue is that a lot of parents that did rush out to get their kids vaccinated are in the demographic that overestimates the dangers from covid. I get that a lot of us on the right might underestimate it. But given the lack of evidence right now, its looking more and more like te ones who are taking a reserved approach to vaccination and boosting are at the very least looking wise to show constraint at this point.
Capitol Ag
AG
ATM9000
AG
Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

Focus on what we know, that the older and more prone to illness need to be the focus of vaccination and boosting. Other countries are doing just that.

Maybe countries with little means… but amongst countries of comparable means as the US at this point, this is just not true.

What I will say is the US has been aggressive rolling the vaccine out to children relative to others. Where I live, vaccinations are only just available to 5-11 year olds. But at the same time, I'd argue schools have been more cautious here when it comes to Covid with most still requiring masks in school and having students test twice a week.
Capitol Ag
AG
ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

Focus on what we know, that the older and more prone to illness need to be the focus of vaccination and boosting. Other countries are doing just that.

Maybe countries with little means… but amongst countries of comparable means as the US at this point, this is just not true.

What I will say is the US has been aggressive rolling the vaccine out to children relative to others. Where I live, vaccinations are only just available to 5-11 year olds. But at the same time, I'd argue schools have been more cautious here when it comes to Covid with most still requiring masks in school and having students test twice a week.
You may well be right. I get my information on this from Dr. Vinay Prasad. He has alluded to it numerous times. Mentioned England quite often plus various other European countries. If he is wrong, please correct me...

My point is that there needs to be a stop to this push for Covid vaccinations for kids. Let the parents make the most informed decision. Stop the school mandates on the covid vaccine from grade school all the way up to universities. At this point there is not enough data to justify a covid vaccine mandate.
ATM9000
AG
Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

You may well be right. I get my information on this from Dr. Vinay Prasad. He has alluded to it numerous times. Mentioned England quite often plus various other European countries. If he is wrong, please correct me...

Ok. He is blatantly wrong if he's asserted this.

I live in England. A little slower to getting actual vaccines here relative to the States but the roll out was pretty much the exact same order as what the States did in terms of waterfall of availability to population and demos.

When the vaccine became available to me, I got messages from the government here daily either by email or text urging me to get the jab and I'm not that old and no comorbidities. Same thing happened on booster. They clearly targeted the entire populace here rather more aggressively than the US did and the rates of vaccination here relative to the US bears that out.

France, Spain probably more aggressive and also more restrictive to those without vaccinations than the US and UK. You can't even go to a bar or restaurant in France still without showing proof of vaccine. That's not the policy of countries or areas just focused on the elderly and sick.

I think the US have been first movers on roll out to kids just as they have been to every other population in their roll out but I wouldn't characterize the push from the US relative to other countries as any more aggressive.
Capitol Ag
AG
ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

I live in England. A little slower to getting actual vaccines here relative to the States but the roll out was pretty much the exact same order as what the States did in terms of waterfall of availability to population and demos.

When the vaccine became available to me, I got messages from the government here daily either by email or text urging me to get the jab and I'm not that old and no comorbidities. Same thing happened on booster. They clearly targeted the entire populace here rather more aggressively than the US did and the rates of vaccination here relative to the US bears that out.

France, Spain probably more aggressive and also more restrictive to those without vaccinations than the US and UK. You can't even go to a bar or restaurant in France still without showing proof of vaccine. That's not the policy of countries or areas just focused on the elderly and sick.

I think the US have been first movers on roll out to kids just as they have been to every other population in their roll out but I wouldn't characterize the push from the US relative to other countries as any more aggressive.
Ugh. Terrible overreach. Agree.

I could be wrong on which countires he mentioned. If I get time, I will go back to rewatch. Thank you for the follow up.
Jabin
KidDoc said:

Thanks for the link, scary stuff in those small number of teens who had post vaccine myocarditis. I have long been a vocal proponent of risk stratification for vaccine in teens. Really the only people that need it are those with risk factors and I've been advising spacing the two doses by 6 months to hopefully decrease the risk of myocarditis.
Are you recommending spacing out the boosters only for teens or for everyone? I ask because I am 65, soon to be 66.
Harry Stone
AG
The only three reasons for kids getting vaccinated are money, high risk kids, and protecting elderly and high risk adults. The problem is once they realized the mutations are transmissible evn when vaccinated, the the latter was no longer a real reason for healthy kids to get vaccinated. Therefore, it all goes back to money.

Working with mRNA, my healthy 7 and 9 yr old arent vaccinated nor will they get it. I am and that was my choice just as not vaccinating my kids was my choice as well. It sickens me to see parents parading vaccinated kids around like it is a badge of honor, yet they dont know anything about mRNA, and the people they listen to have an obvious agenda.
ATM9000
AG
Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

I could be wrong on which countires he mentioned. If I get time, I will go back to rewatch. Thank you for the follow up.

Before you go back and rewatch, consider this: the ONLY countries you will have taken stock comparisons of for the US are probably Western European and Scandinavian countries. So… it was probably some of those he was comparing the US to. Now, go just look at vaccination rates in those countries relative to the US. All are comparable to higher rates than the US. This should tell you that whatever assertion Prasad made is not true.

I know this is a small point, but common sense should tell you that who you are listening to on this is feeding you ***** So now is the time to move on to somebody else… because it is a tell tale sign your source is misinformation.

So constructive feedback for you: don't listen again and try to fit whatever was said that made you assert something that doesn't fit logic… move on to another source.
KidDoc
AG
Jabin said:

KidDoc said:

Are you recommending spacing out the boosters only for teens or for everyone? I ask because I am 65, soon to be 66.
Primarily for males aged 12-35 which appears to be the main age that gets post vaccine myocarditis.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
AG
ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Capitol Ag said:

FlyRod said:

Before you go back and rewatch, consider this: the ONLY countries you will have taken stock comparisons of for the US are probably Western European and Scandinavian countries. So… it was probably some of those he was comparing the US to. Now, go just look at vaccination rates in those countries relative to the US. All are comparable to higher rates than the US. This should tell you that whatever assertion Prasad made is not true.

I know this is a small point, but common sense should tell you that who you are listening to on this is feeding you ***** So now is the time to move on to somebody else… because it is a tell tale sign your source is misinformation.

So constructive feedback for you: don't listen again and try to fit whatever was said that made you assert something that doesn't fit logic… move on to another source.
And it could just be me. I very well could have misunderstood him. For he states the rates are higher in those countries as you state. I'll go rewatch if I get a chance.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Capitol Ag said:

This is why we are waiting to vaccinate our kiddos. Sounds like it is still rare, but our kids have had covid twice. With very minimal infections and virtually no after effects. The fact is that overwhelming evidence suggests that it is very unlikely to be a severe infection if they do contract it again later. If your kids don't have any serious health issues or comorbidities, there is zero reason to vaccinate them especially considering many have already had the virus in some form.

I too am avoiding the booster. I just have 2 shots of the original vaccine (same with the wife) and have had covid twice (once before vax and once this past Dec-again, same as the wife and kids). Again, no effects and very minimal illness. What does the booster really give me again, at this point? It all goes back to already having natural immunity and being very fit. Not really sure I even need to worry about Covid for another 20 years.

Literally zero reason to give kids this vaccine.
BCOBQ98
AG
My family is pressuring me to get my 12 year old vaccinated so we can go on a cruise. No way. I'm not a nut I've been vaccinated as my wife and both my older kids but you can damn sure but nobody's getting any more ie boosters.
Capitol Ag
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

My family is pressuring me to get my 12 year old vaccinated so we can go on a cruise. No way. I'm not a nut I've been vaccinated as my wife and both my older kids but you can damn sure but nobody's getting any more ie boosters.
What. exactly, are they worried about? Why do they think your 12 year old would at all benefit from getting vaccinated? He is under no more threat from Covid than the common cold. I would tell them as much and leave it at that.
88planoAg
AG
As of now I don't think you can go on a cruise unless vaccinated. That would be my guess as to the reason.
BCOBQ98
AG
Correct...I'm ruining the family cruise because I won't get my last of 3 son's vaccinated due to the cruise company's regulations. If I saw any real benefit to the vaccine for him I would do it but not going to do it just so we can go on a vacation.

The rest of us got vaccinated almost as soon as it was available. New information tells me that the vaccine has minor benefits while having an extremely small risk. I'm just not convinced it is worth it. My 15 year old had inflamed lymph nodes for 2+ weeks after he got his vaccination. No long term effects best we can tell.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.