China is Seriously Locking Down Again?

5,559 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GAC06
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why?
Capitol Ag
AG
They kneel at the alter of King Zero Covid. Seriously. They have a zero Covid policy in China. They are a totalitarian state and b/c of that have the ability to do this sadly. Even reports of "concentration camp" style quarantining centers for those who might be asymptomatic or had close contact. It's an example of how this stuff has gone way too far.

One issue is that there are a lot of Chinese that are not vaccinated so as this Omicron strain comes through, there are more hospitalizations than if the population were more vaccinated. But the other issue is, again, a zero covid policy. Something that is ridiculous and beyond reason.
Ag Natural
AG
I thought I read somewhere the Chinese vaccines aren't that effective against omicron.
Bucketrunner
don't think ours are either.
Aggie95
AG
don't believe every (any) video you see out of China
GAC06
AG
Vaccinations as they stand will not stop massive outbreaks of covid. China is learning the hard way.
RafterAg223
AG
GAC06 said:

Vaccinations as they stand will not stop massive outbreaks of covid. China is learning the hard way.
Nothing short of living in individual bubbles will stop massive covid outbreaks.
Drip99
AG
If you are really interested in how they treat covid in China, checkout southwest_hooey videos on instagram. He has now moved back to the states due to the insanity, but he posted almost daily videos of how crazy they treat it over there.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Imagine how seriously Asians take COVID IN ASIA.
Buying_time
AG
An indicator is are they purchasing in bulk here in the US and shipping items to China. This was happening like crazy in late 2019.
torrid
AG
China has been in a continuous state of lockdown for he last 75 years.
West Point Aggie
AG
torrid said:

China has been in a continuous state of lockdown for he last 75 years.

He's right you know!
Let’s Go Brandon!
bloom
The news just did a story on this lockdown. They had people lined up to take a COVID test. The person stepped up, pulled down their mask and someone swabbed their mouth VERY quickly. Like a 1-2 second swipe. What type of test is this? Why are they sending us the obnoxious tests?
West Point Aggie
AG
What puzzles me about China is these draconian measures feel like they're back to early 2020…soon after, it is as of magic happened and covid was everywhere except China…suddenly again…
Let’s Go Brandon!
zephyr88
AG
Meanwhile, in China...

Capitol Ag
AG
zephyr88 said:

Meanwhile, in China...

Love this.
West Point Aggie
AG
Love that Chinese woman! If an additional 3/4
Of a billion would do the same…it'd be a start!
Let’s Go Brandon!
MaxPower
My concern is this isn't Covid but some new thing they've concocted. Let's see what is floating around in the US in 6 months.
ArkyAg
My company has been experiencing factory shutdowns on and off all across Asia for the last 6-8 months because of Covid. The Chinese government has chosen to deal with positive covid cases differently than the US - our workers have to quarantine in government facilities if their viral load is over a certain threshold and they have to quarantine in separate rooms. Viral load under the threshold requires quarantine at home. The number of positive Covid cases determines whether the factory shuts down for a required period of time. They also use a less effective vaccine (primarily Sinovac I believe), but have a high vaccination rate. It has had a major impact on workforce availability all the way to the ports which continues to affect our supply chain recovery. It's like playing Whack-a-mole with our production as we continue to move production all around among all our facilities based on availability. We haven't had to place any customers on allocation yet, but think that may come this summer.
West Point Aggie
AG
So how did China deal with covid from June 2020 to late 2021? …because I refuse to believe that all was just fine then…their number are simply BS…whether high or low.

It is communist china after all
Let’s Go Brandon!
GAC06
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.