New Health Affairs Paper Proves Mask Mandates Work| Or Does It?

3,068 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We probably will never really know if masking mandates/just masking in general actually worked in public settings. Interesting that a study was done but as Dr. Vinay Prasad points out, there are a lot of flaws in the research.
GenericAggie
AG
They were meant to scare people into distancing from others. Worked? Maybe. The masks themselves don't stop the spread. I know several people, friends, who wear masks religiously and got Covid.
West Point Aggie
AG
I voted today and no masks required, no one seemed to care and the distancing felt like exiting a football game!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Nm
amercer
AG
I think in the next 5-10 years, good studies will be done with all the data that will find the real answer. And something like 0.000001% of people will read those and know the facts.

Everyone else will continue to believe whatever they decided a year ago about any and all of the mitigation strategies.
PeekingDuck
AG
The data across the globe indicates that mask mandates do nothing to stop the spread. Whether a properly worn mask combined with hand washing and awareness stops the spread is irrelevant outside of healthcare.
West Point Aggie
AG
However pointless, just expect to see mask wearing indefinitely. That much is certain. I'm glad here in Texas it is pretty much up to you almost anywhere you go (I'm sure there are exception)

I'm through wearing them unless I have no choice like a plane.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Bucketrunner
If I have to wear one, I won't be going. I don't suffer fools gladly
coolerguy12
AG
West Point Aggie said:

I voted today and no masks required, no one seemed to care and the distancing felt like exiting a football game!

In Texas you could have done this in 2020 as well.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Capitol Ag
AG
amercer said:

I think in the next 5-10 years, good studies will be done with all the data that will find the real answer. And something like 0.000001% of people will read those and know the facts.

Everyone else will continue to believe whatever they decided a year ago about any and all of the mitigation strategies.

I honestly see no way a good study can be done. Too many variables.
Capitol Ag
AG
West Point Aggie said:

However pointless, just expect to see mask wearing indefinitely. That much is certain. I'm glad here in Texas it is pretty much up to you almost anywhere you go (I'm sure there are exception)

I'm through wearing them unless I have no choice like a plane.

I hope other states follow Texas's lead in suing the government over forcing masks in airports and on planes. That madness just needs to end. Hopefully it's no longer required when my family flys to Hawaii this summer (humble brag intended).
mccjames
AG
I don't think there are too many variable. It seems to be fairly straightforward seal mask material around a suction device, place device in a clean sealed environment. Turn on suction, introduce know size test material. Check to see if it has passed through the material.
Capitol Ag
AG
mccjames said:

I don't think there are too many variable. It seems to be fairly straightforward seal mask material around a suction device, place device in a clean sealed environment. Turn on suction, introduce know size test material. Check to see if it has passed through the material.

They need to do cluster randomized control trial.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.