COVID Results Question

1,431 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Txgunrnnr
Txgunrnnr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, test positive yesterday on the third test in two days. On day 3 or 4 of symptoms.

Question on the results, what does Ct/EP: 26.6/512,860 mean?

Feeling fine, just returned from a short walk.

ETA: Moderna vax back in March 2021
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
jetch17
AG
3rd test in 2 days? But why … work?
Txgunrnnr
AG
jetch17 said:

3rd test in 2 days? But why … work?
Not work. First test was a PCR ( neg ) at local testing facility on Friday.

Saturday still wasn't feeling all that well, went to one of those ER's in a box. They did all sorts of stuff along with a rapid and PCR.

While I was at the "ER", I received the Friday results.

ER rapid was negative and PCR was positive.

So, three tests. I'm just curious what that large number means. Can't find anything on the inter webs.

I do have sore throat, congestion, a little fatigue and a slight cough. No high temp.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
stamper
AG
I'm not an expert in this but Ct is likely cycle threshold. It correlates inversely with the amount of viral rna in the sample. Not sure what EP means. This ratio is likely an indicator of "how positive" the pcr test was.

These numbers would be specific to any brand of pcr test so can't necessarily compare to different brands of the test.
Txgunrnnr
AG
Thanks

#FJB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.