Recommended therapeutic cocktail?

2,638 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bqce
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried to search a couple of pages for the thread on this. What is the cocktail recommended here? Thanks!!
KidDoc
AG
Search by zip code here: Authorized COVID-19 Medication - Walmart.com

Ask your doc to call out Paxlovid.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Drip99
AG
Can anyone get paxlovid or do you need to be at risk for severe issues from covid. I have a history of Afib, would that qualify me to get it?
KidDoc
AG
Right now it is anyone 12 and older. They aren't asking for any risk factors or anything like that. It does have a rather significant number of possible drug interactions though.

ritonavir
CYP3A4 booster; HIV protease inhibitor
Interaction Characteristics:
  • CYP3A4 substrate
  • P-gp substrate
  • CYP2D6 inhibitor, weak
  • CYP3A4 inhibitor, strong
  • BCRP inhibitor
  • OATP1B1 inhibitor, moderate
  • OATP1B3 inhibitor, moderate
  • P-gp inhibitor, weak
  • CYP1A2 inducer, major
  • CYP2B6 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C8 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C9 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C19 inducer, minor
  • CYP3A4 inducer, minor
  • UGT1A1 inducer
  • UGT1A4 inducer
  • UGT1A9 inducer
  • UGT2B4 inducer
  • UGT2B7 inducer
  • absorption possibly altered by orlistat
  • delays atrioventricular conduction
  • hyperglycemic effects

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
AG
This works great for me!

Seriously though, do you mean the amount of Vit D/C and zinc that Rev posted on here a while back?
cisgenderedAggie
KidDoc said:

Right now it is anyone 12 and older. They aren't asking for any risk factors or anything like that. It does have a rather significant number of possible drug interactions though.

ritonavir
  • CYP3A4 substrate
  • P-gp substrate
  • CYP2D6 inhibitor, weak
  • BCRP inhibitor
  • P-gp inhibitor, weak
  • CYP1A2 inducer, major
  • CYP2B6 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C8 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C9 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C19 inducer, minor
  • CYP3A4 inducer, minor
  • UGT1A1 inducer
  • UGT1A4 inducer
  • UGT1A9 inducer
  • UGT2B4 inducer
  • UGT2B7 inducer
  • hyperglycemic effects

That's a lot of warnings for some of those characteristics with a short course treatment. The 3A4 and BCRP Inhibition should be watched, I'm surprised a warning is needed or required for the rest of it.
Drip99
AG
KidDoc said:

ritonavir
  • CYP3A4 substrate
  • P-gp substrate
  • CYP2D6 inhibitor, weak
  • BCRP inhibitor
  • P-gp inhibitor, weak
  • CYP1A2 inducer, major
  • CYP2B6 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C8 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C9 inducer, minor
  • CYP2C19 inducer, minor
  • CYP3A4 inducer, minor
  • UGT1A1 inducer
  • UGT1A4 inducer
  • UGT1A9 inducer
  • UGT2B4 inducer
  • UGT2B7 inducer
  • hyperglycemic effects

I called my doc and they said they would need to see a confirmed pos test and then see me before prescribing.
KidDoc
AG
Totally agree. The list of drugs that are contraindicated is crazy long if you look at that epocrates page.
cisgenderedAggie
I haven't found a briefing document with actual data but am kind of shocked if that's required by FDA following any clinical evaluations. It might be that they didn't do any actual clinical ddi studies and it's all based on in vitro data.

Contraindications for weak interactions is absurd. Considering how long you treat with it, I'd argue the same for inductions absent very narrow therapeutic window for the victim drug.
Yesterday
AG
Capitol Ag said:

This works great for me!

Seriously though, do you mean the amount of Vit D/C and zinc that Rev posted on here a while back?

Correct...found Dr. McCullough's recipe online.

Here it is if anyone finds this thread later.

In addition to the nasal wash and gargle, over-the-counter treatments McCullough says to have on hand include zinc (50 mg per day), Vitamin D3 (20,000 IUs per day), Vitamin C (3,000 mg per day), quercetin (500 mg twice per day), and famotidine (sold as Pepcid, 80 mg once per day).
wessimo
AG
Capitol Ag said:

This works great for me!

Hot Toddy is better for cold / flu. Hot water, honey, lemon juice, whiskey.
Guardian Angel
AG
Ivermectin always worked.

Get the RX sent to a compounding pharmacy. That way the doc is not on a registry for filling the RX.
Get it filled for $30 instead of $240. Everyone wins.

Even the doctor more concerned with covering their own butt as opposed to patient care options can actually start helping people.

Mark Fairchild
AG
Yesterday, could you please give the names of the nasal wash and gargle? Thank You!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Capitol Ag
AG
wessimo said:

Capitol Ag said:

This works great for me!

Next time I have a cold, I'll give it a try!
Yesterday
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Yesterday, could you please give the names of the nasal wash and gargle? Thank You!
https://www.bioresearchcommunications.com/index.php/brc/article/view/176
Loyalty
AG
Covid? A box of tissues, ibuprofen and a smoothie for the sore throat should just about do it for ya.

Flu A or B? Treat it the way it's been treated for decades plus Tamaflu. You'll be alright.

FlyRod
KidDoc I think I've seen you discuss nasal washes before. What are your thoughts on neti pots (used safely)? Do you think they might be useful in reducing viral load after exposure? I've been using mine, but no idea if it's really doing anything (does clear up the sinuses!)
Yesterday
AG
Loyalty said:

Covid? A box of tissues, ibuprofen and a smoothie for the sore throat should just about do it for ya.

Flu A or B? Treat it the way it's been treated for decades plus Tamaflu. You'll be alright.

For someone else, but I was not alright when I caught covid in June. Spent 5 days in the hospital on high flow o2. I'm 37 5'11" 190 lbs and good health. Obviously an outlier but I appreciate your concern. Wish I would have had this cocktail back then.
Loyalty
AG
Yesterday said:

Loyalty said:

For someone else, but I was not alright when I caught covid in June. Spent 5 days in the hospital on high flow o2. I'm 37 5'11" 190 lbs and good health. Obviously an outlier but I appreciate your concern. Wish I would have had this cocktail back then.

Sorry about that. My comment was in the context of if you got Covid today (omicron) at least from what you hear from friends, families and the news. Much worse with earlier variants especially delta. If you get it now I hope you will be ok
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

KidDoc I think I've seen you discuss nasal washes before. What are your thoughts on neti pots (used safely)? Do you think they might be useful in reducing viral load after exposure? I've been using mine, but no idea if it's really doing anything (does clear up the sinuses!)
Yes it is great for any URI to prevent progression to secondary bacterial sinusitis and should help to prevent progression from upper to lower respiratory with general viral infections.

One of the big reasons kids have so much trouble with routine viral URI is they don't blow their noses or do sinus flushes so everything gets impacted and infected.
P.U.T.U
AG
I used to get a sinus infection a year until I did the nasal rinses. When I start getting more congested from normal I will do one first thing in the morning. Haven't had one in a few years now so for me they work.
Rex Racer
AG
Yesterday said:

Loyalty said:

I took the cocktail when I got COVID last August. Didn't do a thing for me. I spent 16 days in the hospital with COVID pneumonia. Like you, I am healthy with no co-morbidities. It was just one of those things.

That said, it doesn't hurt to try the cocktail. I have a friend who took 50,000 IU of Vitamin D, and her symptoms got better every time.
bushytailed
AG
Emergen-C packet, sparkling water, 2oz vodka, and a squeeze of lime.

All jokes aside, I did the Dr. Rev vitamin cocktail when I caught it at Christmas.
AgsMyDude
AG
wessimo said:

Capitol Ag said:

This works great for me!

Even better with a cinnamon stick and dash of nutmeg. Made some last night.
bqce
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Not Yesterday, but I've been using it for a while. One part 10% povidone iodine mixed with 9 parts distilled water.

I gargled and swabbed my nasal cavities with it. I tested positive Monday, and gargling and swabbing several times a day made a HUGE difference in the way I felt. I also do ivermectin, Vit C, D, B12, melatonin and lots of zinc.I never felt terribly sick. Just like a bad allergy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.