Most accurate fever thermometer?

1,673 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by winmck
Little Rock Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking for a new fever thermometer but don't have a clue as to which one to get. It will be used on teens and adults, and it doesn't have to be contactless. However, it is preferred that it work on the forehead or temples.

Personally, I prefer my old-fashioned mercury oral thermometer, but my wife would like something easier to use. Based on anecdotal evidence, I have never been impressed with any other non-mercury thermometers. However, I am hoping that someone here might have some good experiences and can vouch for a particular brand/model.

Thank you in advance!
OldArmy71
AG
I can tell you two that ARE NOT ACCURATE: They are both oral.

Kinsa QuickCare Thermometer

Vicks Rapid Read

Both highly rated.

The iProven forehead thermometer is fairly accurate, a bit low.

If you have a mercury one, stick with it.
jopatura
AG
Braun ThermoScan ear thermometer is the best one I've found outside of old school ones.

All the forehead ones are ***** Add a degree minimum to whatever it reads and if it's cold outside, you might need to add two.
Dad
AG
The back of my dad hand is always right but it only has 3 readings.... high fever, low fever, and no fever.
mneisch
AG
I'm curious to know as well. The forehead one we have is incredibly inaccurate and drives me crazy.
wbt5845
AG
OldArmy71 said:

The iProven forehead thermometer is fairly accurate, a bit low.

If you have a mercury one, stick with it.
My wife, the nurse, got us the iProven for home but readily admits it's just to tell if you have a fever or not. The mercury one is what to use for an accurate reading.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Dad said:

The back of my dad hand is always right but it only has 3 readings.... high fever, low fever, and no fever.

Back of mom's hand more accurate than back of dad's hand
winmck
S
Arrakis ecologist said:

Dad said:

Back of mom's hand more accurate than back of dad's hand

Mom hands are more sensitive
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.