COVID negative with high fever

2,761 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redassag94
Redassag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just took the test and had a pretty strong negative. I took my temp and I was 101.1. Achy and chills no other symptoms. This just started today.

I did read somewhere that you can test negative but have immune response with symptoms.

Thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks and Gig em
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
planoaggie123
AG
If you really want to know.....i would check again in 24 hrs....

Wife was negative at Urgent Care after being fairly symptomatic for 14+ hours....the next day we tested her again and it was positive....tested again 2 days later....still positive.

It does seem to take a bit....granted...it could be the flu or something else, too....
Bottlerocket
AG
Flu A is going around…..
El Chupacabra
Back in September.

Symptoms on Sunday - chills/fever
Rapid test Monday - negative. Lab test came back Wednesday Negative.

Finger stick antibody test on Thursday - negative ghostrider

Between Sunday (Day 1) and Thursday the next week (Day 11ish) I had fever in the +2 to +4.5 degree range.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lots of flu out there. Nephew tested + yesterday
duck79
AG
I had a 102.5 temp on ibuprofen for 9 hours last Tuesday. I tested Tuesday and Thursday at request of dr and both were negative. Each day would start fine and then my temp would go up late afternoon Tuesday-Friday and I had body aches, headache. We are guessing it was the flu but they didn't test for it at the covid sites.
MiMi
S
My daughter had a fever, sore throat, etc. Took an at-home test and was negative. Had a PCR test done about an hour prior to the at-home test and it was positive. Apparently, at-home tests may not show a positive early in the disease and that's why they say to retest in 24-48 hours. She never bothered to take another at-home test. We used the 2nd test in the box when her older sister developed a fever the following week. Her result was a very strong positive.

Or you could have the flu.
beachfront71
AG

A lot of people with Omicron seem to test positive really late despite having all the symptoms.
My wife tested + a good 4-5 days after obvious symptoms. A friend went a week and tested + after symptoms had all but cleared up.

billyjack2009
Try a PCR test? Was that an antigen? My BIL tested neg on antigen and had obvious symptoms. Tested positive on PCR.

Or it's some other annoying virus.
HouseDivided06
AG
In early August, I thought for sure I had covid starting on a Sunday afternoon. Fever, chills, body aches, headache, feeling awful. Fever peaked Monday or Tuesday at 105. Negative at home test, negative for covid and flu on Monday at urgent care, and again negative on Wednesday for covid and flu. Then 3 weeks later felt like I had allergies and positive for covid. Never had a fever, never really felt bad, no body aches, just kinda stuffy and tired. So all that to say, could be covid or flu or just some sort of virus.
Dad
AG
101.1 is not a high fever. I wouldn't take meds to lower it at that level.

Another poster on this thread said they had 105…. that's higher than the highest fever I've ever had. I wonder how bad that would feel because for me I feel worse the higher the fever gets.
AgRebel08
AG
Took me 3 days of fever before I tested positive.

I would rest up and stay aware.
P.U.T.U
AG
There are other colds going around, something that causes a fever, stomach and headache, flu A, and strep. People forget there are other bugs in the world
cbaker20
Try swabbing your throat and your nares. The fda says not to but as long as your throat is free of food or drink (at least 30 minutes) there's no reason not to.
Capitol Ag
AG
Run with the negative. No quarantining and you can get back to life 24 hours after fever subsides. Like every other virus! Seriously.

Get well.
GigEmRangers75455
I ran 102 for almost 24 hours a few months back. Tested negative for the flu and negative for Covid at home, at the doctor and 3 days later at home. Doctor said I had Covid even though I never tested positive. Still not sure if I did or not.
aggiebrad94
AG
Late last May, I had a week-long experience with fever spikes, chills, sweats, etc. Tested twice - once at the beginning of the week and one 7 days later - and was negative on both. These were at a CVS and not rapid tests.

Went to the Dr. mid-way through the week after my fever hit 103. They tested for everything under the sun that was virus related. Everything came back negative. Finally they gave a bag of fluids through IV and sent me home. One day it just got better.

I got the J&J vaccine the next week on the advice of a Dr. I think I had COVID and if I didn't, my body built up an immunity to it.
Redassag94
AG

Re-tested this morning and I was positive. Fever got up to 103.5 last night. Pretty sure this has to be Omicron because I still have my taste and smell. Fever is down today so far. Really sucks I was supposed to teach a Realtor class today and now I have to pivot.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
PerpetualLurker
Hope you get better soon!
WES2006AG
AG
Redassag94 said:

Re-tested this morning and I was positive. Fever got up to 103.5 last night. Pretty sure this has to be Omicron because I still have my taste and smell. Fever is down today so far. Really sucks I was supposed to teach a Realtor class today and now I have to pivot.
Hang in there. Hopefully this will be quick for you.
Redassag94
AG

Yesterday felt like I was run over by a truck, like the flu. I started doing a ton of nasal washes with my Navage. No fever today and pretty mild symptoms. Just feel meh. I think If I laid down I wouldn't be able to sleep. I have been on Dr Revs supplement plan since the beginning. Doubled down on Vit D and Zinc and Vit C. Since I know Omicron replicates pretty extensively in the nasal passages, I figured washing them out could cut down on replication. Just a thought. Then hopefully this won't get into my lungs. I am double vaxxed with Pfizer and no booster. I did an AB test a couple of weeks ago and my level was 596.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.