Covid the Rematch

4,469 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cyp0111
Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have been seeing about a dozen people per day with Covid so it was likely inevitable that I would catch it again. Looks like I get to experience the sequel, tested positive again today. Symptoms very mild so far this time around feels like a mild cold. Scratchy throat, mild post nasal drip, and occasionally just feel a little bit cold. No fever or severe cough like previously. Not bad chills like first time when it was hard to get warm. Just feel like it is a little cool outside and you need a light jacket. Likely would not have even tested for it, if I didn't want to infect others.

Feel fine and working from home. Still seeing everyone through telemedicine from my home office like the first time I had it.

For those curious, first positive was a year ago Christmas eve 2021. I have had two shots of the Moderna vaccine last spring. Yes I am taking the supplements.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cowenlaw
AG
Praying you get well quickly and that your symptoms remain mild.

Just tested positive myself today. Same symptoms as you. Thought it was allergies. Only tested because a buddy of mine I traveled with tested positive.
Charpie
AG
Get better y'all.

I am fully anticipating on getting sick with COVID at this point. We spent 5 days in Vegas. My daughter got a PCR test yesterday afternoon on campus. She's gonna pop positive and when she does, we all will.
Aggie95
AG
speedy recovery....hope the throat stays scratchy. I believe I had Omicron recently and the soar throat was very unpleasant.
planoaggie123
AG
I know a doctor that can get you a list of supplements he recommends...its on a few of the threads around here...
Bighunter43
AG
Hope your symptoms stay light!! Thanks for all the help you've been to so many!! Prayers!
Gordo14
Just natural immunity being leaky again.

Get well soon. I think this is just an indication of how things are going to go with COVID from now on. T-cell immunity is going to be strong and minimize the severity, but we won't necessarily have the antibodies on hand to prevent infection from whatever new variant is around.
Jock 07
AG
You lose taste/smell either time? Had my first infection right at a year ago and took a solid 3-4 months for flavors to come back. Coke and certain soaps/perfumes still have a chemical taste/smell occasionally. This is really my only concern with having to go through the experience again.
Cyp0111
Tested positive tonight. Only reason tested was feeling sluggish and my wife was going into a company meeting.

Both kids have been battling ear infections the last few days and had fevers/runny nose so curious if one of them also has covid.
gunan01
AG
You mentioned you got two Moderna shots? Did you not get the Modera booster?
Reveille
AG
gunan01 said:

You mentioned you got two Moderna shots? Did you not get the Modera booster?

No
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reveille
AG
Jock 07 said:

You lose taste/smell either time? Had my first infection right at a year ago and took a solid 3-4 months for flavors to come back. Coke and certain soaps/perfumes still have a chemical taste/smell occasionally. This is really my only concern with having to go through the experience again.

Lost taste and smell the first time. Not yet this time but few things taste a little funny.
RockwallAg99
AG
Praying your symptoms remain mild again this time around. Get well soon doc
94chem
I'll get worried if he asks for a link for the doctor who was recommending supplements.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
RockwallAg99
AG
94chem said:

I'll get worried if he asks for a link for the doctor who was recommending supplements.
aggieduke
AG
Rev....how are you doing? Just wanted to check in on you. I appreciate all you have done during these crazy times.
Philippians 4:13
dubi
AG
My son who is 27 had Covid Christmas of 2020, both Moderna shots in 2021, and now has Omicron.

He said it just feels like a bad cold and has been home from work all week.
Reveille
AG
Thanks for asking, I feel great! Just minimal symptoms and absolutely nothing like the first time I had Covid. Just inconvenient having to do telemedicine from my home office.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I got it for the second time as well. Couple of weeks ago. Omicron. Same symptoms. Mild. Sore throat, coryza, headache. Lasted 36hrs. Interestingly - my hospital covid census has exploded. But vast majority are floor pts. Suggesting omicron.
94chem
Marcus Aurelius said:

I got it for the second time as well. Couple of weeks ago. Omicron. Same symptoms. Mild. Sore throat, coryza, headache.
You got Mexican sausage with yours?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I just hit the 72hr mark since a significant exposure. Had lunch and rode in a car with a coworker. 10-15 minute care ride each way(their car), hour lunch. They had some symptoms earlier in week(Monday), took a home test and went to a lab for rapid antigen test. All came back negative, but they still had congestion, runny nose.

So far, no symptoms, no change in any health markers. I've been on the vitamin regimen since I caught the OG covid in July 2020. I doubled up the VitC each night since Wednesday when informed he tested positive on another home test. Lab confirmed on PCR test Thursday. This was his second round. He had OG same time as me in 2020, only difference is he early vaxed (Moderna) and has already boosted. He has also tested positive on all antibody tests (N &S) since July 2020.

I only vaxed in September (Pfizer) due to work mandate. Last antibody result was off the chart for S protein. I'm due for final antibody test next month.

I have 5 kids, so I am sure we have been exposed multiple times from them, but we never tested them as they already were exposed to me when I was sick and th were never had symptoms past a couple days.

Will be interesting what antibody test shows now and if I do even develop symptoms. Most people I heard had symptoms within 48-72 hrs of exposure, and majority by day 5. has anyone heard of symptoms presenting post 5 days exposure?
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
farmersfight
AG
Second round here. First round, got it from the wife 12/31/20 who is a nurse in the ER...it's all they see still pretty much. Haven't had any jabs, been relying on natural antibodies to take care of business.

Went to a wedding 1/15, very close quarters. Started feeling it Tuesday morning, felt very tired during workout, still ran Tuesday night at my normal race pace. Much easier this round, only sinus pressure and small fever that ended mid-day Thursday. Sinus pressure lingering still.
Cyp0111
Tired is what made me think I had it. Other than small sinus pressure and weird body aches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.