TMC showing we peaked the week on 1-3 thru 1-9

9,596 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DadHammer
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Covid ran thru our office of 50 in 2 weeks. Took down 14 people and nobody else has popped positive for 5 days. No masks worn in the office ever and everybody was fine.
KidDoc
AG
I think we are still on the upswing for most of Texas at least:

COVID-19 - Cases (arcgis.com)

Click on the Trends tab on that dashboard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Knucklesammich
It is rolling through my oldest daughter's school right now (7th/8th grade). Her entire group of friends tested positive 8+ I'm baffled as to how she is negative. Car rides, sleepovers, indoor soccer, etc. with all or most of these girls.

We're in Round Rock ISD.

As far as I know all double vaxxed including her.

Conversely everyone in my younger daughters 5th grade class had it roll through last week and week before.

Nobody super sick from it. Worst symptom I've heard of in the group is one of the 7th graders spend a day puking like she had the stomach flu.

Fevers 100-102 range, headache, sinus stuff, sore throat the usual. Most folks I know are testing only with symptoms.

oldag941
AG
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in looking at the graphs (trends), they both appear to be dropping. Peaked and now dropping. Raw and 7 day averages. I couldn't zoom in enough on "fatalities" to see, but the other two looked consistent with each other.
KidDoc
AG
oldag941 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in looking at the graphs (trends), they both appear to be dropping. Peaked and now dropping. Raw and 7 day averages. I couldn't zoom in enough on "fatalities" to see, but the other two looked consistent with each other.
New confirmed cases is still trending up while probable cases is starting to drop-- so hopefully within 2-3 weeks we will largely be through it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldag941
AG
I see that new confirmed cases peaked on 12 Jan and the 7 day average seems to have peaked on 17 Jan. Both receding. What am I missing? I may be looking at the wrong graph.
Reveille
AG
Don't forget that we now have home tests and the large majority of these are not being reported. I am seeing dozens per day that tested positive on home tests. The numbers are likely much higher than being reported.
ExpressAg11
AG
Does that make the lack of spike in hospitalizations/deaths from this wave even more encouraging? The spike in cases is so high and like you said, doesn't even include most at home tests or people who don't get tested.
Reveille
AG
ExpressAg11 said:

Does that make the lack of spike in hospitalizations/deaths from this wave even more encouraging? The spike in cases is so high and like you said, doesn't even include most at home tests or people who don't get tested.
Yes absolutely it does!
planoaggie123
AG
Just drove past a testing site that for 2 weeks has been packed and it was almost completely empty.
Not a Bot
AG
I can say anecdotally that our hospitalized cases seem less serious. Very few codes. Population trending older compared to Delta. A lot of people with significant comorbidities.
Caliber
AG
TMC weekly release showing continued decline.

It looks like that second peak fits with return to school for most people and then taking a nose dive after getting past that.
P.U.T.U
AG
I don't think these charts are going to be accurate, several parents I know are just keeping their kids home for a day or two if they get cold like symptoms and not get them tested. A lot of school districts are still keeping kids home for 10 days when kids can be back in 3 days if they never get them tested.
amercer
AG
Sort of the reverse where I am. Testing a 100k people a day in my county regardless of symptoms.

For both cases though the % positivity number will show what's going on. Here it's falling like a rock.
Bert315
AG
I can tell you hospitalizations are falling rapidly at my hospital system. Down 20% in the last week so we are seeing the numbers fall in the Houston area.

While it may be true children are getting it, we are not seeing it increase hospitalizations which is really what matters at this point.
aggiemike02
AG
waste water showing great drops too

https://covidwwtp.spatialstudieslab.org/
aggiemike02
AG
I dont think you can say they are inaccurate, it is precisely accurate for their hospital system, but you can question how they are extrapolated across the rest of the region.

waste water analysis paints a far more precise/accurate picture for the broad region by plant/zip code.
Rocky Rider
AG
FWIW for another data point - Colorado test count has dropped 5 days in a row. I think this is the first time this has happened since Omicron started to spike on December 16. Total daily tests on Jan 19th were 80K and on the 24th there were 25K tests (latest data).

Until Omicron, I probably knew less than 15 people that were confirmed COVID positive. With Omicron I've lost track of how many positive cases I know (including myself and my wife).
planoaggie123
AG
Same story.

I could count the known positives in our "circle" through the first 2 years on my fingers and toes...the last 2 months...i don't know anyone at this point that has not had it. Really wild. It definitely was very contagious.
DadHammer
AG
Somehow my wife and our four best friends haven't been infected. I am guessing it will get us sooner than later.

But we don't have school kids and we both work remote. But we live normally and have for over a year. Still travel out of the country and do whatever we fill like doing. We both went to the hospital several times lately for regular old people stuff, thought we might get it there.
Caliber
AG
And the fall continues in the Houston area!

Keller6Ag91
AG
DadHammer said:

Good news. If it follows the SA curves it will be falling really fast.

Let's hope we can put this behind us and move on.

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/weekly-average-of-covid-19-testing-metrics-across-tmc-hospital-systems/

Omicron might be the Covid version we needed to finally treat this like a common cold.

Amen. Let's get to it.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
DadHammer
AG
Percent positive also fell almost 5% in one week! From 21.3% to 16.9%, falling like a rock.

Let's pray this thing is over.

The hospital needs to only report deaths because of Covid and hospitalized because of Covid not hospitalized or died and also have/had Covid. Those reports are worthless and political. We need to stop that so people can understand the real situation.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.