Question about Natural Immunity

1,468 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Loyalty
JB99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does the severity of your bout with Covid correlate with the strength of your natural immunity?

I'm asking because when Delta came through my household I got it pretty bad and everyone else got a mild case. Now my wife and Daughter appear to have Omicron and I am doing fine. No one is vaccinated.
KidDoc
AG
Yes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88planoAg
AG
Defer to the doc but add that anecdotally I had covid in Dec 2020 - I have always described it as minimal to mild. Never had a fever over 99, very mild symptoms. I did lose taste/smell and it has been jacked ever since. Tested 4x for antibodies, most recently on Dec 28, 2021. My current antibody level is 900. No vaccine. Exposed directly to son with a positive test and symptoms which was presumably Omicron on his day 4. I had no symptoms.
Loyalty
AG
88planoAg said:

Defer to the doc but add that anecdotally I had covid in Dec 2020 - I have always described it as minimal to mild. Never had a fever over 99, very mild symptoms. I did lose taste/smell and it has been jacked ever since. Tested 4x for antibodies, most recently on Dec 28, 2021. My current antibody level is 900. No vaccine. Exposed directly to son with (presumably) Omicron on his day 4. No symptoms.
Very similar to my experience. Had Covid in December, 2020. Been around dozens of folks confirmed with Covid since. No problems or symptoms at all. Not Vaxxed.

Had strong antibody test (don't remember the #) in October, 2021. Doc said that I had probably been recently exposed because the anti-bodies peak with natural immunity when you are exposed (bone morrow T cells produce B cells = antibodies).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.