How to get rid of sore throat after Omicron?

6,189 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cloud
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had Delta in September and Omicron at Christmas. Still dealing with clogged ears. Prednisone and ear drops and still can't hear.
Kool
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Had Delta in September and Omicron at Christmas. Still dealing with clogged ears. Prednisone and ear drops and still can't hear.

Prednisone and ear drops makes no sense. Someone is "shotgun" approaching it. Do the hum test and see it it's conductive or not. See an ENT
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DuncanAg
AG
Wondering if I should get a strep test? On day 4 of a burning sore throat, some associated congestion, and fatigue. Covid positive on Thursday. Tonight is the first time I've had a fever (100.7F). Is that normal and/or do I have a possible secondary strep infection.
Kool
AG
DuncanAg said:

Wondering if I should get a strep test? On day 4 of a burning sore throat, some associated congestion, and fatigue. Covid positive on Thursday. Tonight is the first time I've had a fever (100.7F). Is that normal and/or do I have a possible secondary strep infection.
That sounds par for the Omicron course, not like a secondary bacterial infection. And Strep tests are ridiculously inaccurate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DuncanAg
AG
Kool said:

DuncanAg said:

That sounds par for the Omicron course, not like a secondary bacterial infection. And Strep tests are ridiculously inaccurate.
Thanks Doc….just weird to me getting fever so late in the start of this
Bucketrunner
The ENT gave me the steroid ear drops. He put something in one ear to test to see if it was a fungus, but not the other. Took a hearing test and was told I didn't hear well. Of course I don't. My ears are stopped up, lol.

I see him again this coming week. I am at my wits end. My ears hurt, are constantly ringing, and it sounds like I have cotton in them all the time.
Cloud
Cloud said:

Add me to the sore throat list. Symptoms started and tested positive Wednesday: fever, body aches, sore throat. Fever gone yesterday and pretty much all that's left now is the sore throat. Hopefully it pisses off soon.

Sore throat gone as of today. Fingers crossed it's gone for good.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.