Bad Insomnia with Covid Omnicron

2,219 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Central Committee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tested positive yesterday morning. Symptoms since Tuesday evening.

Had Covid-A in 2020. Vaxxed this past August.

Got 8 hour of sleep combined over last 3 nights. Tried 3 mg of melatonin last night, but still got only 2 hours of sleep.

Desperate to sleep, and open to suggestions.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Troglodyte
AG
12 mg of Melatonin, NyQuil, Advil PM.

The best part of Covid (or a cold for that matter), is getting to take meds that help you sleep! I'm an old though.

Seriously, you need to sleep. Sleep is great for the body especially when you are sick.
Petrino1
One of the main Covid symptoms is insomnia. I've had long haul covid symptoms for 19 months and the lack of sleep sucks. Which makes your covid symptoms even worse because sleep helps you get over covid lol.

Excedrin PM works for me. I pop two and sleep really well. Tylenol PM has never done much for my sleep. Cannabis or THC gummies also help with sleep a lot lot, if you're into that type of thing

Coates
Central Committee said:

Got 8 hour of sleep combined over last 3 nights. Tried 3 mg of melatonin last night, but still got only 2 hours of sleep.

Indica gummies work everytime!
Capitol Ag
AG
Viral illness can mess with one's sleep patterns no doubt. As was mentioned, more melatonin and any other cold and flu sleep medicine. Plus nap. A lot of times it's hard to sleep straight through the night when fighting infection with all the body temp changes and the fact your body is working to kick the virus's ass (think Tony Stark showing off the Jericho missile-just b/c that's a cool image). So nap throughout the day. It might be the only way you get some ok rest for a couple of days. Once youve kicked the virus combined with built up fatigue, there will be a night you totally blackout and sleep great.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When i had it this time last year, i had major insomnia. I had barely played any video games since my kids were born nearly 20 years ago, but that covid week I played about 20 years worth of Tiger Woods and Madden
billyjack2009
I had what I assume was Omicron last weekend and the insomnia was rough. Couldn't nap during the day. I just stayed inactive so my body could do its best to get the virus out of my system.
NewOldAg
AG
Coates said:

Central Committee said:

Indica gummies work everytime!

Seriously though, cell.com has a peer reviewed study about compounds within marijuana able to block Covid and providing sleep.
Central Committee
AG
Got zero sleep Friday and Saturday. Zip. Tried all the OTC stuff - Nyquil, Benadryl, Melatonin. Nothing worked.

Called my doctor Sunday morning desperate for a sleep aid. She gave me Xanax. I told her I didn't have anxiety, I could not sleep. But a double dose of that did the trick the last two nights. Grateful for the sleep.

Most of the other symptoms are gone. Just need to catch up on the sleep.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
NJaggie
AG
Where do you find these, under what name?
DannyDuberstein
AG
At a dispensary or from your friendly local weed dealer. Indica is just one of the 2 main strains of cannabis (indica is the chill/relaxation strain; sativa is the other and tends to be more stimulating)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.