Some regions already peaking?

3,532 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Average Guy
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems to be following the same trend we saw in SA and UK. Incredibly quick rise, very short peak, and began falling rapidly.

Boston:

https://www.wbur.org/news/2022/01/12/wastewater-covid-level-decline-new-data

Quote:

New data suggest omicron cases may have peaked in the Boston area. In December, the level of COVID found in the metro area's sewage rose extremely rapidly. Now, those numbers show a sharp decline.

"When I refreshed the website and saw it, I literally punched the air and let out a hoot because it was something I've been hoping for," said Bill Hanage, a professor of epidemiology and co-director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at Harvard's T.H. Chan School of Public Health. "It's unambiguously good news."

The size of the decline, as well as the fact that it was consistent across both the northern and southern catchment areas, makes Hanage confident that the spike is over.

Nationally

Texas

If you look at this chart in particular. Although hospitalizations aren't dropping yet but their rate of increase has slowed substantially which is a great indicator TX could be peaking now (or may have already have peaked)

SUag
AG
This is great news and consistent with South Africa data.

I wonder how much the drop off would actually be if you excluded all tests for people that previously tested positive and are now just trying to achieve a negative test again to go back to work.
PJYoung
AG
SUag said:

I wonder how much the drop off would actually be if you excluded all tests for people that previously tested positive and are now just trying to achieve a negative test again to go back to work.

The top chart is waste water monitoring so no retesting interference.
SUag
AG
PJYoung said:

SUag said:

The top chart is waste water monitoring so no retesting interference.
Great point
PerpetualLurker
Great news indeed!

Hopefully TX is just a week or 2 behind the northeast and will start dropping just as rapidly.

Really thought Delta would be the last wave of COVID. Sure hope Omicron will be.
DadHammer
AG
It's the last wave for people that want to be free, yes it's the last one.
CinchAG97
Looks like a crypto chart. Should've sold the top.
Post removed:
by user
DadHammer
AG
I get 1-3 colds per year. Covid will just be another cold.

The Cold and the flu will never go away, you just deal with it.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's the last wave until the next wave. Live your life. Every day is a gift and nothing is ever promised. Don't waste them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.