Docs.. What are the chances of heart attack after these vaccines.

4,222 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
or, what have you seen/experienced. Just curious.
Zobel
AG
Not a doc. In a large study that has been previously shared here no statistically significant increase in heart attacks (myocardial infarction) was found.

Safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Setting | NEJM

SUag
AG
What are the risks of a serious negative health outcome if you get covid without any vaccine protection?
FlyRod
https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/09/03/what-covid-19-is-doing-to-the-heart-even-after-recovery
Agthatbuilds
SUag said:

What are the risks of a serious negative health outcome if you get covid without any vaccine protection?

Depends on age and other comorbidities.

The worst case of death is still pretty small for most people.
swc93
AG
SUag said:

Lost a cousin, age 40 unvaccinated, heart attack 6 months after covid. No previous heart problems.

Covid cause it? Who knows but I doubt it helped.
Another Doug
AG
Kinda defeats the point of mind control nanobots if they kill the host.
Amazing Moves
Thanks for the replies.
PJYoung
AG
swc93 said:

SUag said:

Lost a cousin, age 40 unvaccinated, heart attack 6 months after covid. No previous heart problems.

Covid cause it? Who knows but I doubt it helped.

This summer my wife's 75 year old uncle (unvaxxed) died of a stroke less than a week after getting out of the hospital with covid.

No previous serious health issues.
Gordo14
Zobel said:

Not a doc. In a large study that has been previously shared here no statistically significant increase in heart attacks (myocardial infarction) was found.

Safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Setting | NEJM

Interesting to see ee the vaccine have a lower rate of Myocarditis than COVID infection. It's more or less what I predicted was true (Myocarditis can be result of an immune response to COVID how ever you acquire it) and that myocarditis isn't a good reason to be afraid of the vaccine. COVID is too contagious and you don't get to opt out of infection.

I also find it interesting that the "but Myocarditis" from the vaccine crowd is largely the same crowd that downplayed Myocarditis when the Big Ten said they were going to cancel football over it. Just an observation.
Zobel
AG
Well. The problem is that this study lumps all myocarditis events into one big bucket. The harder thing to figure out is whether the age cohort relative risk charts look the same. In other words, is all of that COVID the same for everyone? We know the myocarditis shot risk is more concentrated in young men.
ChrisTAMU
AG
SUag said:

Well we know that 75% of deaths occurred in people with a minimum of four comorbidities.
corndog04
AG
ChrisTAMU said:

SUag said:

Well we know that 75% of deaths occurred in people with a minimum of four comorbidities.

Wasn't that shown to be taken out of context and only applicable to deaths in vaccinated population?
Zobel
AG
Yes. The study she was referring to was exclusively looking at vaccinated people. Fake news strikes again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-walensky-study-idUSL1N2TS0S2
88planoAg
AG
The key appears to be that the 4 co-morbidities occurred "in vaccinated people".

Not 4 co-morbidities in all covid deaths.

Apparently.
PJYoung
AG
Woods Ag said:

Avg comorbitities is 4+ in people that died… is that fake news?

Yes it is.

Certain people like Clay Travis edited the clip to make it appear that she was talking about all covid deaths instead of vaccinated deaths.
CondensedFogAggie
PJYoung said:

Woods Ag said:

Yes it is.

Certain people like Clay Travis edited the clip to make it appear that she was talking about all covid deaths instead of vaccinated deaths.

Clickbait scammers that manipulate content are absolute scum of the earth regardless of political affiliation. Especially anyone who influences any bad medical decisions.
cc_ag92
AG
FlyRod said:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/09/03/what-covid-19-is-doing-to-the-heart-even-after-recovery
A long-time friend (Class of 1992) died yesterday from a heart attack. He was in great shape, 51 years old, and had recently recovered from his second round of Covid. The ER doctor said he had seen several "young" heart attacks recently in healthy men who had recovered from Covid. They're performing an autopsy. Is there any way to measure the possible impact Covid may have had on his heart?

ChrisTAMU
AG
Zobel said:

Yes. The study she was referring to was exclusively looking at vaccinated people. Fake news strikes again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-walensky-study-idUSL1N2TS0S2

Ok - what is the data for the unvaccinated? How many comorbidities for them?
Aggie95
AG
cc_ag92 said:

FlyRod said:

A long-time friend (Class of 1992) died yesterday from a heart attack. He was in great shape, 51 years old, and had recently recovered from his second round of Covid. The ER doctor said he had seen several "young" heart attacks recently in healthy men who had recovered from Covid. They're performing an autopsy. Is there any way to measure the possible impact Covid may have had on his heart?

Were either bouts particularly difficult or were his symptoms mild across the board?
ChrisTAMU
AG
PJYoung said:

Woods Ag said:

Yes it is.

What's the data on unvaccinated? How many comorbidities for them? How many deaths with zero comorbidities?
Zobel
AG
No idea. Sounds like something you could find out and share.
Agthatbuilds
PJYoung said:

Woods Ag said:

Yes it is.

I'm not claiming clay travis wouldn't edit something....

But this was abc news who did the editing

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/editing-of-cdc-directors-comments-on-covid-deaths-causes-backlash/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
ChrisTAMU
AG
Zobel said:

I'm sure the CDC is very transparent with that information.
dodger02
AG
cc_ag92 said:

Is there any way to measure the possible impact Covid may have had on his heart?
Not really. There's no real way to isolate two COVID infections from 51 years of other environmental, genetic, and physiologic factors. The COVID infections may correlate with the infarct but causation is much more difficult to measure and prove.

Maybe a pathologist or cardiologist could comment.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
ChrisTAMU said:

Zobel said:

I'm sure the CDC is very transparent with that information.

Give this a shot, see what you can come up with: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities
FlyRod
A growing number of medical researchers are realizing and discussing Covid as a vascular disease vs. just a respiratory virus; it goes after blood vessels, hence all the weird multi-organ things happening--heart issues yes, but also blood clots, strokes, "long Covid," and of course most infamously damaging the blood rich lungs.

If you've tested positive and even if you feel ok, might be worth scheduling a visit with your doctor down the road to assess organ health (and I fully admit I don't know what range of tests would be appropriate).
harge57
AG
SUag said:

Do you know anyone who hasn't had COVID yet? Like confirmed by an antibody test?
tysker
AG
Quote:

I also find it interesting that the "but Myocarditis" from the vaccine crowd is largely the same crowd that downplayed Myocarditis when the Big Ten said they were going to cancel football over it. Just an observation.
When both sides of an argument are full of ****, the next step is looking at which side(s) has the power to influence people and politics and if trade offs are examined/validated.
tysker
AG
FlyRod said:

A growing number of medical researchers are realizing and discussing Covid as a vascular disease vs. just a respiratory virus; it goes after blood vessels, hence all the weird multi-organ things happening--heart issues yes, but also blood clots, strokes, "long Covid," and of course most infamously damaging the blood rich lungs.

If you've tested positive and even if you feel ok, might be worth scheduling a visit with your doctor down the road to assess organ health (and I fully admit I don't know what range of tests would be appropriate).
So if everyone is going to get covid eventually, everyone should get tested?
More test and more reliance on medical professionals more followup doctor visits and more medical tests 'just in case' and probably more reliance on prescription medication.

I hate to come across so cynical but who is paying for all of this and is it worth the cost?
dachicken89
AG
I'd say its higher than people think. I lost my father almost a year ago less than a week after his 2nd shot to a heart attack. He had recently been to his cardiologist a few months prior and had a clean bill of health. I also have to point a finger at ER incompetence in my case, but I don't find it coincidental.
cc_ag92
AG
The most recent case was mild. The first case was not, but he wasn't hospitalized.
FlyRod
I don't disagree with your concerns, and wish I had a good answer for you. I guess the best I can come up with is maybe early tests, whatever their costs, would help prevent the need for later more costly treatment for disability.

tysker said:

FlyRod said:

More test and more reliance on medical professionals more followup doctor visits and more medical tests 'just in case' and probably more reliance on prescription medication.

I hate to come across so cynical but who is paying for all of this and is it worth the cost?
petebaker

bigtruckguy3500
tysker said:

FlyRod said:

Modern medicine has a lot of limitations that people don't realize. Ordering blanket labs and imaging on more and more people just to go searching for something will eventually lead to finding things. The problem is that in otherwise healthy people, more often than not you start finding things of no clinical significance, or you get false positives. Those false positives need to be investigated, and can sometimes lead to procedures and treatments that end up causing harm.

Certain things have been proven by evidence to be worth starting to check at a certain age. For example, screening for colon cancer at age 50 will yield the most lives saved with the least missed cases. But there are still people that will get colon cancer in their 20's. Same with mammograms and breast cancer. We can't start doing mammograms in everyone in their 20's to catch the rarest of the rarest early cancer, because eventually we'll start causing cancer, or biopsying unnecessary lumps found on mammogram.

And, if you're going to go into your doctor "just to be safe" for everything, the doctor has to either accept all liability for a missed diagnosis, or order the tests to rule out bad stuff. The way things are going, they're not going to accept the liability.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.