Got COVID for 2nd Time

2,873 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Capitol Ag
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had the OG COVID in July 2020. Was pretty sick for about 4-5 days. No fever, no cough. Just major aches and muscle pains, fatigue, and lost taste/smell.

Never got vaccinated after getting COVID the first time, I figured my body would respond really well if I was exposed or got it a 2nd time.

Finally, it happened. I got COVID (positive test) last Sunday afternoon. Symptoms started out with a sore back (thought it was from working out day before). The aches and pain quickly went into my legs and my joints (ankles, wrist, etc). Then Sunday night I got the chills and had low grade fever.

I honestly didn't feel nearly as bad as I did the first go around. But then on Tuesday night, I had major night sweats. I'm talking soaked where I had to change clothes, sheets, and shower. I had those for the next two nights. I just couldn't kick this sickness. I felt pretty awful all week.

Finally, I woke up this morning and feel perfectly normal. I have a horrible cough and what seems like an ear infection. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow to get some antibiotics to get rid of whatever I'm coughing up and for my ear.

Overall, this round lasted longer than the first time but I wasn't nearly as sick.
planoaggie123
AG
How was round one less severe? Seems like similar symptoms and fewer days in round 1. Less achy? I would take worse for fewer days vs lingering mild….
theeyetest
planoaggie123 said:

How was round one less severe? Seems like similar symptoms and fewer days in round 1. Less achy? I would take worse for fewer days vs lingering mild….

Round 1 was more severe but for a shorter time. Round 2 just lasted longer. Sorry if that's wasn't clear.
JB99
AG
Your round 1 of COVID doesn't sound bad at all. If you didn't get a fever or cough you got a very mild case of it.
Dill-Ag13
AG
I know several people that have got the OG (alpha?) and now Omicron. But I don't know anyone that has gotten both Delta and Omicron.
theeyetest
Dill-Ag13 said:

I know several people that have got the OG (alpha?) and now Omicron. But I don't know anyone that has gotten both Delta and Omicron.

For some reason I was very confident after getting the original COVID I wouldn't get the next rounds. But when news came out about Omicron I just knew I was gonna get it
My Name Is Judge
Sounds like the flu
Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
theeyetest
My Name Is Judge said:

Sounds like the flu

I guess it's possible. Not sure how to explain away the positive COVID test, although I know they're not 100% accurate. I've honestly never had the flu so I don't know how to compare it. It felt a lot like my first bout with COVID that just lingered a little longer
fightingfarmer09
Could have this "Flurona" the news talks about. Test positive for Covid, but still have the flu.
Diet Cokehead
AG
theeyetest said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

For some reason I was very confident after getting the original COVID I wouldn't get the next rounds. But when news came out about Omicron I just knew I was gonna get it
Same. Had OG in January 2021. Just got done with 2.0 and it was a nothing burgers. Congestion and had stuffiness for a couple of days.
Central Committee
AG
Tested positive today. Third day of my symptoms. What you posted is almost verbatim what I am experiencing.

The insomnia is the worst part. Starting melatonin tonight.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Fitch
AG
I tested positive last Thursday.

Think I got exposed on a Saturday Jan-2. Didn't feel anything until Tuesday morning, then just a little bit of post nasal drip, light congestion and sore throat just when swallowing. Slight cough.

Wednesday morning woke up with raw throat, lot of congestion, and frequent dry cough. Started feeling tired through day but managed with cough drops. Felt sick but not out of commission.

Wednesday night really had symptoms kick in. No appetite, then stomach in knots after eating. Very tired, exhausted moving, then chills/sweats off and on. Woke up after midnight, tested positive and tried to sleep despite cough, but couldn't.

Thursday was just a long day of flu symptoms. Full body aches and joint pain with migraine and cough, etc. alternating hours with chills. Took a lot of hot showers. Sweated through sheets for second night in a row.

Friday felt 50% better.

Saturday woke up with congestion but quickly felt 90% better after breakfast. Headache and pains gone.

Sunday felt mostly normal, just hacking up phlegm and stuff.

Monday thru today steady decline in cough, but felt normal otherwise basically all week.

Best I can figure I had 2-3 days of viral incubation and then just a super strong immune response that largely wiped it out in ~36 hours.
Charpie
AG
So much for natural immunity
Diet Cokehead
AG
Vaccinated, unvaccinated.....pretty clear that nobody has immunity for long.
Capitol Ag
AG
Charpie said:

So much for natural immunity

Why? He had it over 6 months ago. Totally possible WITH natural immunity to get reinfected as this is a slightly different variant. By your logic, "so much for the vaccine too" yet I fully believe both natural immunity AND vaccine will keep the infection from becoming severe. OP might have felt bad, but severe infection = going to the hospital. Doubt Covid would send him there anyway but for those at risk? Natural immunity and/or vax will keep most alive. There is a place for nuance in all of this. Tired of all the dogma and absolutism from both sides.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.