Let's go! 5 and up!

20,029 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ORAggieFan
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Odd thing to celebrate…

Doesn't mean you have to be upset about it either, but just really strange to get that much glee out of this.
Caliber
AG
planoaggie123
AG
Why is this exciting?

CDC Data shows there were 67 deaths in this age range (actually, 5 - 14 so the 5 - 11 likely under 60 and probably under 50) in 2020.

Do you all own stock in Big Pharma or work for them?

This makes no sense.
cityagboy
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

Doesn't mean you have to be upset about it either, but just really strange to get that much glee out of this.

I'm just excited for the health and safety of my kid and his good friend who has health issues and will probably be able to go to school in person now.

So I think for parents who choose to get the vaccination for their kids and especially for parents of kids who are at risk it is something to celebrate.

It will help get our schools back to normal with less restrictions.

This isnt political, it's just about health, safety and getting back to normal!
cityagboy
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

CDC Data shows there were 67 deaths in this age range (actually, 5 - 14 so the 5 - 11 likely under 60 and probably under 50) in 2020.

This makes no sense.
Hey! You don't have to get your kid vaxxed. For some it's exciting.
planoaggie123
AG
Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

You say that now....schools / unions / government officials will SWIFTLY look to make this mandated.

If we are shooting people up with drugs for a death rate this low where does it end?

I guess the goal is zero risk in life and guarantee to live beyond 100?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Ryota Hayami said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

I'm just excited for the health and safety of my kid and his good friend who has health issues and will probably be able to go to school in person now.

So I think for parents who choose to get the vaccination for their kids and especially for parents of kids who are at risk it is something to celebrate.

This is political, it's just about health, safety and getting back to normal!

Your kids were plenty safe from COVID before this. If you think otherwise you are wrong, no subjectivity about it. Unless possibly they have some autoimmune disorder, which I'm betting isn't the case.

Agree with your likely typo of "This is political" in your last sentence though.
planoaggie123
AG
Anyone begging for this for their 5 - 11 kid likely has a kid with SEVERE autoimmune and other health issues and likely would already have limited interactions with other kids....
ORAggieFan
Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

Problem is, many of us will have to get our kids vaxed

I'm pro vaccine. I just don't see an emergency for kids, other than those with high risk factors. We now have five countries and growing recommending against a second dose for this under various ages up to 30. We need to figure that out before rolling this to the younger.
ORAggieFan
Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

I'm pro vaccine. I just don't see an emergency for kids, other than those with high risk factors. We now have five countries and growing recommending against a second dose for this under various ages up to 30. We need to figure that out before rolling this to the young.
El Chupacabra
Ryota Hayami said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

This is political, it's just about health, safety and getting back to normal!
hahahaha. my kids have been in school all of last year and of course this year. and playing sports and having sleepovers and birthday parties.

you're 100% right, it IS political.
cityagboy
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

You say that now....schools / unions / government officials will SWIFTLY look to make this mandated.

If we are shooting people up with drugs for a death rate this low where does it end?

I don't think schools will mandate the vax any more than others vaccines

I don't support states or the federal govt mandating the vaccine! So I would be against that as well.
Caliber
AG
Our very Pro-vax pediatrician (won't take you on as patients unless you agree to complete vaccination) is against this. He strongly advocates for adults to get it but says no to the young ones simply because it doesn't really effect them.
Cooter00
Ryota
What f'ing rock have you been living under?
tmaggie50
AG
Ryota Hayami said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

This isnt political, it's just about health, safety and getting back to normal!

Statistics show a .0014% chance of dying from COVID for kids under 12. In other words, there is virtually NO kid who falls into an "at risk" category.
ORAggieFan
Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

I don't support states or the federal govt mandating the vaccine! So I would be against that as well.

Any more than others? Kids need a variety to go to school already.

I'm fine with the ones that make sense.
gunan01
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

it's an odd thing to celebrate that kids can get vaccinated? Ok…..
planoaggie123
AG
This is confusing...."any more than other vaccines".... It will either be included on the list of required vaccinations or not.

Schools do not have wildly differing vaccination requirements.

Even though it is very close to the flu for kids this age, they (Big Pharma, unions, government) will look to make this required (even though flu is not). Make no mistake about it.

It is and will be political.
planoaggie123
AG
gunan01 said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Odd thing to celebrate…

it's an odd thing to celebrate that kids can get vaccinated? Ok…..

Its an odd thing to inject something in kids for which the related virus is a virtual zero risk.

Let's just shoot something in our kids arms every time we have a symptom.

Sniffles? Shot. Headache? Shot. Sore throat? Shot.

Why not....
03_Aggie
ORAggieFan said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

Hmmm
gunan01
AG
Does he make your kids get the varicella vaccine? Probably shouldn't since it doesn't really affect kids either.
gunan01
AG
No reason to be willfully obtuse. "Dying" is only one part of the risk.
Duncan Idaho
As easy as it is to get an exemption for any school mandated vaccine in Texas, the only thing school mandated do are make sure that all insurance companies have to cover the cost.

El Chupacabra
gunan01 said:

No reason to be willfully obtuse. "Dying" is only one part of the risk.
And sniffles make up the balance of the risk. What will we ever do if kids get sick and build up natural immunity between ages 0 and 12?
gunan01
AG
Or pass it on to an adult?
planoaggie123
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

As easy as it is to get an exemption for any school mandated vaccine in Texas, the only thing school mandated do are make sure that all insurance companies have to cover the cost.

So a round about way for government to force a private company to cover an elective procedure.

Not saying insurances companies wouldn't (or shouldn't) have covered but do we need government constantly forcing everything on everyone (both people and entities).
planoaggie123
AG
gunan01 said:

Get vaccinated as an adult if you are worried.
El Chupacabra
gunan01 said:

A vaxxxinated adult?
AgsMyDude
AG
Just took our son for his 3 year check up and our pediatrician is pretty giddy about this news.

I'm pro vax as well (wife and I both got it) but for our 2 kids under 5, idunno.... He's been great but not sure I agree with his stance.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Weird thing to celebrate kids being able to get an unnecessary vaccine that doesn't benefit them hardly at all.

Thanks for providing a good example of a straw-man tho
ORAggieFan
03_Aggie said:

ORAggieFan said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

Hmmm
Do we require flu shots for school? Do we require any vaccine regimens banned in 5+ countries for the young?
Caliber
AG
gunan01 said:

Does he make your kids get the varicella vaccine? Probably shouldn't since it doesn't really affect kids either.
oh right... Now you're being obtuse. Is it deliberate?
Capitol Ag
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Ryota Hayami said:

planoaggie123 said:

Why is this exciting?

This makes no sense.

I'm pro vaccine. I just don't see an emergency for kids, other than those with high risk factors. We now have five countries and growing recommending against a second dose for this under various ages up to 30. We need to figure that out before rolling this to the younger.
This X1billion. I have 0 fear of the the vaccine for me. Took it and I am fine. But I feel it is safer to wait for my children. Look, we can play the "what about the health of everyone around us so take the vaccine" game all day long, but when it comes to my own kids, don't even pretend where my allegiances lie there. I will happily make the tough decision (it's not a tough decision honestly) for their potential well being over anyone else's without a second thought. Until more is known, our kids won't be getting the vaccine when Covid is proven to not be statistically dangerous to kiddos.

Ryota,

Your kid was always safe. Period. His friend. Probably safe as well. But if not, it is a sad situation, no doubt, but this child is an outlier and should not be representative of why we should have any policy mandates (and I do see that you are against school mandates-on that we agree). Understand that the issue right now is that many states are forcing this vaccine upon kids already. Until enough research comes out, I firmly believe this particular vaccine should be 100% the parents' choice. Children simply are not at risk for Covid and the flu is MUCH more dangerous and no one mandates the flu vaccine. Maybe we should. Fine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.