Hospitals are understaffed. Give the ones there credit.

27 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nasreddin
Proc92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems illogical to fire medical staff for no vaccination when they spent the last 18 months working with and around covid and still showed up day after day with no vaccination.
Carlo4
AG
This thread got derailed. Thanks to those that work insane hours/times helping us out!

To continue with the derail, 16% of NY hospital staff will be let go today/very soon. That's 73,000 people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-may-tap-national-guard-replace-unvaccinated-healthcare-workers-2021-09-26/
redsquirrelAG
AG
And then the UN will be invited in as the system collapsed. Wake up people.
WesMaroon&White
AG
Captain Positivity said:

All I know is I'm tired of dumbass people (and their bimbo wives) coming to the hospital and treating me like *****

You chain smoke, you are obese, you don't take your meds, and you're yelling at me that no one is helping you. You file complaints to try to get me fired. **** you.
I know many in the service and travel sectors and they are disgusted like you with the attitude of others lately. It has been shown in the media in the airline industry, but it also retail, and unfortunately the healthcare industry. It is sad there are those that have no empathy for others. Thanks for all your help.
Old Buffalo
AG
If the unvaccinated workers get sick, then they can't come to the hospital to help care for patients, so we need to fire them so they can't come to the hospital to help care for patients.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Aries
In 2020, out of my 50+ nurses, I had 2 get COVID. In January - February of 2021, I had probably a total of 8 out due to COVID or they had a child with COVID. I've had zero out in the past 2, 3 months due to COVID.

I am glad my board voted to not mandate the vaccine especially since we don't mandate the flu vaccine. I would loss staff & that would be a huge blow to me & our patients. How quickly we (nurses) went from being "heroes" to being an enemy to most.
petebaker
traxter
petebaker said:

Imagine how much the country needed soldiers during WWII, yet many, including Steve Rogers, were found unfit for duty.
Nasreddin
With hospitals firing people and some nurses and doctors in lockstep, I have very little sympathy.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.