Tested Positive After Moderna Vaccine

2,403 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgLiving06
TopFlightReject
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A little backstory: Both of my kids started feeling crummy on 9/14 and both confirmed positive on 9/16. 3yo girl and 1yo boy. Most likely picked it up from daycare as a few kids in my daughters class were out with it.

On 9/22 I started feeling a little tingle in my throat and the stuffiness in my face. Waking up 9/23 I was feeling like crap, like a bad sinus infection that came on really quick, and tested positive yesterday evening. I have procured Dr Revs cocktail of stuff and will start that this morning. Grabbed a pulse ox from Amazon overnight delivery (praise Jeff bezos) and pulse is around 89-90 and O2 around 96. Other than taking some walks in the sun and staying upright anything else I could be doing? I've looked into Ivermectin, the monoclonal antibodies, and have heard people getting prescribed HCQ and zpacs. I just wouldn't know where to start there. I got the 2nd moderna back at the end of February. Just looking for some tips I guess. So far wife has managed to stay symptom free.
KidDoc
AG
If this was me I would pursue monoclonal antibody infusion. In most states you have to have a risk factor so call your doc and ask. The sooner the better.

My risk factors is being chubby, that is all it takes (BMI > 25). Ivermectin data is very unimpressive but it is safe if you take an appropriate does. I would avoid the HCQ/Azithro combo that can trigger rare but very dangerous cardiac arrhythmias.

Odds are you will be fine but the infusion is not very risky at all.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

My risk factors is being chubby, that is all it takes (BMI > 25)

I'm right at that. Was hoping it was higher.
cc_ag92
AG
KidDoc, do you know anything about the cost to patients for antibodies? My BIL's sister refused to take them when prescribed because she didn't "want to pay $3000." Now she's been admitted for what she's been told will be a minimum of three weeks.

I'm not asking for an "I told you so," but because I'm hoping to share information with anyone else who might need them, myself included.
KidDoc
AG
No idea but the number I have heard is $1200 or so. I know it is 100% covered by all insurance and I believe big brother covers it for uninsured to try and prevent very costly long hospital stays but I'm not very involved on the billing side.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Yesterday
AG
Get the infusion of you can. As kid doc said, you're more than likely to be ok especially with the vaccine but that infusion is a game changer. A coworker who was not vaccinated and extremely obese came down with Covid and could barely breath on the 4th day. He got the antibody treatment and was turned around in 24 hours.
Aston94
AG
Why get infusion if you are vaccinated? Your risk is so low with vaccination. Shouldn't we save those for people really ill?
Yesterday
AG
Aston94 said:

Why get infusion if you are vaccinated? Your risk is so low with vaccination. Shouldn't we save those for people really ill?

Yes if there is a shortage. I'm not aware of one.
Aston94
AG
Yesterday said:

Aston94 said:

Was talking with an ER doc in our town yesterday who said they were very low on all treatment options.
GeographyAg
AG
Any update for us, TopFlight? I hope you're feeling better.

Honestly, you were only two days into this thing and are fully vaccinated with Moderna, so I would bet you're going to kick this thing pretty easily without any other real treatment. Even people who've had Pfizer that I've known have gotten really mild cases (if any), and Moderna is known to provide even higher antibody levels prior to infection. I don't think I'd bother with the antibody treatment on top of that but I don't know your comorbidities so you should consult your doc.

If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
TopFlightReject
GeographyAg said:

Honestly, you were only two days into this thing and are fully vaccinated with Moderna, so I would bet you're going to kick this thing pretty easily without any other real treatment. Even people who've had Pfizer that I've known have gotten really mild cases (if any), and Moderna is known to provide even higher antibody levels prior to infection. I don't think I'd bother with the antibody treatment on top of that but I don't know your comorbidities so you should consult your doc.

Thanks! Went to bed last night with the thought that if I'm still the same or worse I would pursue the infusions through Houston Methodist. Woke up this morning with slight congestion but none of the body aches or chills or the fatigue I was having. So I feel like maybe I'm starting to feel better. Got outside (thank god for the good weather) and got some real vitamin D and have tried to stay upright as much as possible. O2 has stayed in the high 90s so I'm going to let Dr Revs vitamins and the mucinex do it's thing.

But.. late last night around 1am my wife texted me she woke up with chills and was coughing. (We we're staying separate somewhat since I tested positive) she has since tested positive this morning so she's in the same boat I was in Thursday minus the cough.

With both of our little ones sick with it it was only a matter of time I guess. So our 10 days of quarantine has now turned into about 21.

GeographyAg
AG
TopFlightReject said:

GeographyAg said:

Thanks! Went to bed last night with the thought that if I'm still the same or worse I would pursue the infusions through Houston Methodist. Woke up this morning with slight congestion but none of the body aches or chills or the fatigue I was having. So I feel like maybe I'm starting to feel better. Got outside (thank god for the good weather) and got some real vitamin D and have tried to stay upright as much as possible. O2 has stayed in the high 90s so I'm going to let Dr Revs vitamins and the mucinex do it's thing.

But.. late last night around 1am my wife texted me she woke up with chills and was coughing. (We we're staying separate somewhat since I tested positive) she has since tested positive this morning so she's in the same boat I was in Thursday minus the cough.

With both of our little ones sick with it it was only a matter of time I guess. So our 10 days of quarantine has now turned into about 21.

Glad to hear you're doing better! Sorry about the wife, though. Hopefully she can kick it pretty quick, too.

With sick kids there's just no avoiding it if you're the parent, I'm sure. I mean, you've got to take care of them, and there's no way to mitigate it by keeping some distance or something like that.

Also good news for your wife is that now that she's sick too, you don't have to keep distance so you can help her with the kids. HAHA.

If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
AgLiving06
Yesterday said:

Aston94 said:

Biden admin took over the distribution and is restricting doses.

Florida had to go secure them on their own. Presumably Texas may need to as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.