What percentage of Doctors in this country/state have been vaccinated?

5,910 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KidDoc
cc_ag92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My BIL's SIL's doctor prescribed the antibody treatment and Ivermectin. She chose not to take the antibodies. She's in the hospital now in Tarrant County. Even when patients are "treated" away from the hospital, they can still end up there. The more people who are infected, the more people will end up in the hospital.
Diet Cokehead
AG
1.) Your kid, your choice. I was paranoid as hell (mostly because my wife was) about SIDs.

2.) COVID is a non-factor for kids. I hope you are prepared to stay up overnight panicking about a lot of other items if COVID is on your radar.
Troglodyte
AG
Shank - your kid, your choice. Congrats on the baby.

You and your kid will want as many people in your baby's life that love him/her. I would look for more ways to get friends and family involved in their life vs ways to exclude people from their life.

While you may not think it's political, the people on the other end will.
TXAggie2011
AG
Troglodyte said:

Shank - your kid, your choice. Congrats on the baby.

You and your kid will want as many people in your baby's life that love him/her. I would look for more ways to get friends and family involved in their life vs ways to exclude people from their life.

While you may not think it's political, the people on the other end will.

I daresay folks who spend a lot of time on the TexAgs politics fish bowl board conditioning themselves that everything is part of political puppet show aren't necessarily representative of the general public.

I've heard pregnant/new parents make Covid related decisions on both sides of the coin that make me raise an eyebrow, but it's never really crossed my mind they're trying to bring politics into their parenting. More likely, it seems to me, they're usually highly stressed new parents just trying to do right by their kid in a confusing and strange time.

p.s. Not really someone's fault if another chooses to take something as political.
Dad
AG
The Shank Ag said:

I have only seen one study done a few months ago that said 96%, though I've seen some criticize it for sample size. Anyone have any other sources/numbers?

Reason for asking:

I (34) was fully vaccinated in February, my wife (28) in March. My entire side of the family is vaccinated. My wife's mom's side of the family is all vaccinated. My wife's brother and Dad's side of the family are not all vaccinated. We are having a new baby soon and going to request everyone that comes to see him in the first year be vaccinated.

All that to say, my biggest argument towards pro-vaccination originally was the amount of doctors that lined up to get it. Either they were all right (it's safe and effective) or we are going to have a severe shortage of doctors in the future. If the latter, we'd all be screwed whether we got the vaccine or not.

I also will bring up the percentage difference of deaths/hospitalizations between vaxed and unvaxed patients, though I know that one Israel study will be brought up.

If you are so concerned about Covid, why not include those with natural immunity on your safe to visit list since they are less likely to have it than vaccinated relatives?

If you don't believe that about natural immunity from those that recovered from Covid then you are basically making a political statement because all science prior to 2020 said you get a vaccine if you didn't already have natural immunity for things like chicken pox. We never said to get a vaccine after already recovering from a virus.
Caliber
AG
Its ultimately your choice, but as mentioned, I would worry about a lot of other things before covid for young ones.

That vaccinated adult with a slight sniffle from "allergies" and a COVID negative test could be way worse if they give your kid RSV.
FratboyLegend
Two things:

1) As others have said, you have far more to worry about than Covid w/r/t your newborn.

2) With the exception of grandparents, you are severely overestimating how much other people really care about seeing your baby.
#CertifiedSIP
Infection_Ag11
AG
I know one physician personally who is unvaccinated. I don't know anyone in the fields most relevant to COVID (ID, pulmonology, critical care, inpatient IM) who are unvaccinated.

Now I know plenty who were hesitant at first, but the data on their benefit and safety is so overwhelming at this point that people like physicians capable of critically appraising medial literature just can't ignore or deny it. It's why I accuse most physicians on social media claiming they are unsafe or ineffective of lying, because they possess the intellectual skill set to know what they are saying is objectively false.

That being said, the risk to your infant from covid is almost nonexistent
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jabin
Infection_Ag, do you have any idea what the deal is with that Doctor from Baylor who is on countless video advocating against the vaccines and in favor of ivermectin? IIRC, he has fairly impressive credentials.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Jabin said:

Infection_Ag, do you have any idea what the deal is with that Doctor from Baylor who is on countless video advocating against the vaccines and in favor of ivermectin? IIRC, he has fairly impressive credentials.

I think he's lying, and this belief is reinforced by how much money he's made from speaking engagements on his topic. I just have a hard time buying that a physician as intelligent and well published as he is genuinely believes what he says he believes despite the mountains of evidence against it.

Now some of his commentary about public policy and the pandemic has merit, but his statements on vaccines are largely objectively false.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Infection_Ag11 said:

I know one physician personally who is unvaccinated. I don't know anyone in the fields most relevant to COVID (ID, pulmonology, critical care, inpatient IM) who are unvaccinated.

Now I know plenty who were hesitant at first, but the data on their benefit and safety is so overwhelming at this point that people like physicians capable of critically appraising medial literature just can't ignore or deny it. It's why I accuse most physicians on social media claiming they are unsafe or ineffective of lying, because they possess the intellectual skill set to know what they are saying is objectively false.

Do y'all all ask each other or talk about it frequently? Or are you required to report it? Serious question. Every doctor I have seen opine on this topic seems to say things like "every fellow Dr. I know of is vaccinated" or "I only know one/two other Dr's who are unvaxxed".
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Infection_Ag11
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Do y'all all ask each other or talk about it frequently? Or are you required to report it? Serious question. Every doctor I have seen opine on this topic seems to say things like "every fellow Dr. I know of is vaccinated" or "I only know one/two other Dr's who are unvaxxed".

I think the public perception is that there are more such people than there are because the minority of unvaccinated physicians are usually EXTREMELY loud.

Physicians talk about this stuff a lot. No we aren't required to report anything regarding vaccination status of other physicians.
FratboyLegend
Infection_Ag11 said:

I think he's lying, and this belief is reinforced by how much money he's made from speaking engagements on his topic.
Wait.

Physicians are incentivized by things other than the search for truth?

Now do that fraud Hotez.
#CertifiedSIP
Infection_Ag11
AG
FratboyLegend said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I think he's lying, and this belief is reinforced by how much money he's made from speaking engagements on his topic.
Wait.

Physicians are incentivized by things other than the search for truth?

Some are, sure. Such people exist in every line of work and always have.

Quote:

Now do that fraud Hotez.

What about him? Or I guess more specifically, which claim(s) of his are you referring to?
KidDoc
AG
I am required to report my vaccine status to my employer, which is a bit odd since Abbott said they cannot require vaccine.

The one doc I know who is not vaccinated is 100x more vocal than all the vaccinated docs.
Capitol Ag
AG
planoaggie123 said:

The Shank Ag said:

I have only seen one study done a few months ago that said 96%, though I've seen some criticize it for sample size. Anyone have any other sources/numbers?

Reason for asking:

I (34) was fully vaccinated in February, my wife (28) in March. My entire side of the family is vaccinated. My wife's mom's side of the family is all vaccinated. My wife's brother and Dad's side of the family are not all vaccinated. We are having a new baby soon and going to request everyone that comes to see him in the first year be vaccinated.

All that to say, my biggest argument towards pro-vaccination originally was the amount of doctors that lined up to get it. Either they were all right (it's safe and effective) or we are going to have a severe shortage of doctors in the future. If the latter, we'd all be screwed whether we got the vaccine or not.

I also will bring up the percentage difference of deaths/hospitalizations between vaxed and unvaxed patients, though I know that one Israel study will be brought up.

Your baby. Your choice. Do not blame you one bit. I think the risk is SUPER TINY for baby but if it were my first (or even 2nd) I would probably do the same. We made sure all our friends / family had certain shots before due to the risk they posed directly to newborns (whooping cough)

Two things....from what i have read you are likely right....a very high percentage of doctors / nurses are high. I think easily over 90% but who cares about that...

Ultimately....back to my first point....this is YOUR baby....you make the rules. Friends and family do not. If you don't want them near your baby w/o the vaccines and you and your wife are in agreement....they will have to decide how badly they want to see your newborn.
But the 3rd kid: "hey, your kid is swimming in a pool of covid snot"

you: " oh, he's fine. It'll build is immune system"
planoaggie123
AG
HAHA you know how it works!

I actually have to re-think that comment as I cannot honestly say how I would have reacted assuming I was late 20s and COVID was a thing.

For our kids (5 and 7) we did all the shots. Honestly, we did them almost blindly with no real research. We asked all our relatives to get all the "recommended" shots to protect our kids from whooping cough etc.

Can't say what my reaction would be re: COVID. I honestly can't see myself checking or asking for vaccine status.

Ultimately, though, as a parent, your kids are your kids and you do whatever you feel necessary to keep them safe even if it means pissing off a relative or three.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
KidDoc said:

I am required to report my vaccine status to my employer, which is a bit odd since Abbott said they cannot require vaccine.

The one doc I know who is not vaccinated is 100x more vocal than all the vaccinated docs.
Vocal about the clear shortcomings of the vaccine, which we have found out about in recent months...or about forceful mandates?
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
KidDoc
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

Vocal about the clear shortcomings of the vaccine, which we have found out about in recent months...or about forceful mandates?

All of the above + adverse effects.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.