Primary School Age Vaccine Pfizer Study Results

3,494 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AJ02
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But junior's 10 snacks a day are all 100% juice and all natural Cheerios.
aTm2004
AG
Captain Positivity said:

That last paragraph, the quote from the pediatrician, it's so frustrating.

The incredibly low severe illness rate alone for kids is enough for them to let them live their lives right now.

Kids in my area have been back to normal for over a year. Doc is going to be in for a surprise when he realizes they're not the exception.
KidDoc
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

non-GMO organic all natural cheesy poofs must be good for little Johnny right?!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
SwigAg11 said:

Do we know if that 105 is WITH Covid or FROM COVID? The recent infographic I saw had it labelled as with COVID, and I'm curious with the always present danger of SIDS if they were actually able to isolate the issue to COVID?
It was WITH Covid, lol.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Hammerly High Dive Crips
KidDoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I am excited to raise my little 4 mo old Corona baby...but I am dreading having to fight this fight. I see what so many kids eat and it seems almost impossible to put a kid on a truly healthy diet these days. Any tips? lol
KidDoc
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I am excited to raise my little 4 mo old Corona baby...but I am dreading having to fight this fight. I see what so many kids eat and it seems almost impossible to put a kid on a truly healthy diet these days. Any tips? lol
Fruits/veggies and meat with water.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
KidDoc said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It's that easy huh?

That is my goal, I just anticipate a tough uphill fight. Especially after they are introduced to the dopamine dumping crack that other kids are eating for lunch. Kind of like limiting screen time. That is going to be even tougher in 4-5 years than it is now, but I am determined to fight the good fight.
Duncan Idaho
Celery with peanut butter and Nutella. Carmel dipping sauce for the apple slices. And sliced up hotdogs with a sparkling water

Got it.
KidDoc
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It's that easy huh?

That is my goal, I just anticipate a tough uphill fight. Especially after they are introduced to the dopamine dumping crack that other kids are eating for lunch. Kind of like limiting screen time. That is going to be even tougher in 4-5 years than it is now, but I am determined to fight the good fight.
Kinda funny you mention the dopamine dump- I was talking with a 9 year old patient earlier today and she was going on and on about how good school breakfast is. Today was cereal + pop tarts and tomorrow is donut day.

Yikes!

BowSowy
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It's that easy huh?

I think the biggest part to giving your kids a healthy diet is for the parents to maintain one as well. We have a 14 month old and have worked to improve our diet so that she's not eating butternut squash and chicken while we're eating a burger and fries. You slip up and give them one taste of a french fry and they aren't going to touch any of the food you've made for them.

The other big thing we've found is to plan dinners with the kid in mind. If you continually cook yourselves meals that your kid can't eat, you're more likely to fall back on "easy" dinners like mac and cheese for the kids. Because who wants to cook two separate meals? We've been really fortunate to have a nanny who will give us guidance on new things we should introduce my daughter to, and that's been mostly successful so far.

Of course, you're going to have meals that your kid just flat out doesn't like. I made dinner tonight which had cucumbers in it. As soon as my daughter tasted the cucumber, she noped out of what I made. Have healthy back-up foods ready for cases like this. Tonight, we cut up some avocado and gave her some turkey lunch meat and she was just fine.
agsalaska
AG
Man my kids eat some combination of homegrown beef, deer sausage, rice, and noodles about 5 days a week. The odd night is fish and chicken. And cans and cans of corn and green beans.

Otherwise they eat 100% wheat bread, lots of apples, carrots, and celery. My two kids combine for 30 apples a week.

They wouldnt know a fine meal if it slapped them in the face.

That being said, most of you would fall over for the meat. It beats just about anything from the store.
jopatura
AG
It's more simple then people think. Keep the kids out of the cafeteria at school. Don't let your toddlers have unrestricted access to juice and soda. Give them a fruit and veggie with every meal, even if they pick at it. Don't make desserts rewards for other food milestones.

Most people can't manage that though.
AJ02
AG
My 11 year old stepdaughter was in the trial. (Don't get me started....I wasn't happy about it but her mom insisted).

She's a perfectly healthy 11 year old. Thin, no comorbidities whatsoever. First shot....zero reaction. Made me wonder if she got the placebo. Second shot...knocked her out for days. Fever, tired, etc. Same thing you see in adults who have gotten the shot.

I'm not entirely sure how they're going to test the efficacy of the shot with my stepdaughter because her mom insists on strict quarantine. No going out in public, no school. So she won't really get a chance to come in contact with the virus to check whether the vaccine works anyway.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.