More studies showing mask dont work.. they make it worse

3,559 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by superunknown
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why Is There No Correlation between Masks, Lockdowns, and Covid Suppression? | Mises Wire

Bucketrunner
Please let the airlines understand this.
94chem
I wonder if you plot the cross product of %urban * %obese vs per Capita Covid hospitalizations what you'd see.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
amercer
AG
Now do vaccines
Post removed:
by user
fullback44
AG
As those with common sense have been saying for 1 1/2 years

If you can smell a fart through you cloth designer mask you arent blocking any virus from entering your body, and for sure if you can smell your own poopoo while sitting on the throne the mask dont work
94chem
fullback44 said:

If you can smell a fart through you cloth designer mask you arent blocking any virus from entering your body, and for sure if you can smell your own poopoo while sitting on the throne the mask dont work

We need to have a discussion about how and where you've been wearing your mask.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fullback44
AG
94chem said:

fullback44 said:

i dont wear it in the crapper unless the guy next to me in the HomeDepot crapper has been eating tacos all morning... problem is that the mask didnt work, his tacos almost knocked me out.... moral of the story, dont use the crapper at HomeDepot if you can avoid it!

I get a kick out of the morons driving around with their mask on
Gordo14
fullback44 said:

Why Is There No Correlation between Masks, Lockdowns, and Covid Suppression? | Mises Wire

There are so many variables this data couldn't be more useless. As I've said, the case for masks is the the goal was to drop Rt by 10% hypothetically (aka 1/10 transmissions wouldn't occur) because this makes a huge difference on a large scale - see compounding interest. I think this is incredibly realistic. But climates like say Florida with warm weather and less population density/less multi family housing are always going to be bigger drivers than something like masks. So if you remove all of that context of course you won't see if masks work or not.

Anyways, it's irrelevant now because masks are much less effective than vaccines and now that vaccines are easily accessible I don't believe masks are particularly relevant anymore. The virus is endemic. All the smart people got the vaccine. Move on with our lives. But not many people or places are even really pushing masks anymore, so I don't understand why some of y'all are still clutching on to them like they are particularly relevant.
Dr. Spaceman
fullback44 said:

You're wearing a mask while taking a dump?

Different strokes, man. Different strokes
agsalaska
AG
Quote:

All the smart people got the vaccine. Move on with our lives. But not many people or places are even really pushing masks anymore, so I don't understand why some of y'all are still clutching on to them like they are particularly relevant.
While I agree with the first sentence, the are plenty of places, namely school districts, all across Texas that are still pushing mask mandates. It is still very relevant for many people unfortunately.
KidDoc
AG
I think mask mandates are a joke and there is no good evidence they work. But this is a pretty worthless post.

1) From 5/2021- before delta really got rollin which is much more contagious than alpha.

2) Anthony graduated from Grove City College in 2018 with a B.A. in Economics. He has been a student of the Austrian School of Economics for over 8 years and a champion of Rothbardian libertarianism. During the day, Anthony works as a Software Quality Analyst for an ERP software company

I like this article regarding masking especially on kids in school better as it is current and written by an MD from the West/liberal coast so it isn't based on his likely political leanings just data.

Requiring Masks in Schools Has a Downside - The Atlantic

Vinay Prasad, a hematologist and oncologist, is an associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at UC San Francisco.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
planoaggie123
AG
Dr. Spaceman said:

fullback44 said:

Unfortunately school districts and businesses have been requiring in far less reasonable situations. In the ****ter might be a better and more reasonable place.
fullback44
AG
Dr. Spaceman said:

fullback44 said:

dude, im joking making fun of mask... I dont wear a mask period, unless im on a plane and they make me wear one, they dont work and are just control issues for our politicians
aggierogue
AG
Gordo14 said:

But not many people or places are even really pushing masks anymore, so I don't understand why some of y'all are still clutching on to them like they are particularly relevant.
You must not have children in public school.
Cepe
AG
fullback44 said:

94chem said:

fullback44 said:

i dont wear it in the crapper unless the guy next to me in the HomeDepot crapper has been eating tacos all morning... problem is that the mask didnt work, his tacos almost knocked me out.... moral of the story, dont use the crapper at HomeDepot if you can avoid it!

I get a kick out of the morons driving around with their mask on

Get Off My Lawn
Scott Adams (who happens to be biased toward economists) has argued regularly that they're far superior to medical professionals at analyzing medical policy issues.

And because what we're talking about is a complicated comparison of dissimilar concerns - I think he's right. A doctor should be an advocate for health, and that's fine - but that doesn't mean we hand over control of our lives to their singular interest perspective. From the jobs we perform to the recreation we enjoy to the transit we use or the food we eat - we all make risk choices and compromises every day which prioritize other things above personal safety.

Economists study how to weigh dissimilar items, to see through flawed data, and to make future-impacting decisions despite of uncertainty. That's not a skill-set that doctors are trained in or regularly exercise.

A doctor may actually be TOO close to a health topic to make an appropriate analysis.

Edit: autocorrect
TheMasterplan
In other words, you were wrong about masks and now you want to avoid your comeuppance. Doesn't work like that buddy.

And the country where I live, masks are still being pushed by the government with no data to back up saying they work.
West Point Aggie
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Please let the airlines understand this.

During my last flight to Boston I ate my pop corn kettle chips (they could not give enough of them away) and drank my soda really really slooooooowly…like an hour!
Let’s Go Brandon!
A is A
AG
Gordo14 said:

fullback44 said:

All the smart people got the vaccine.

Care to explain this?
fightingfarmer09
A is A said:

Gordo14 said:

fullback44 said:

All the smart people got the vaccine.

Care to explain this?

Shh!

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-27/whos-most-likely-to-refuse-a-covid-vaccine
agsalaska
AG
To be clear he said smart, not educated
A is A
AG
agsalaska said:

I know what he said - but its a bold claim. Just want to know why that poster would say I am not smart for not getting the vaccine.
TheMasterplan
A is A said:

agsalaska said:

I know what he said - but its a bold claim. Just want to know why that poster would say I am not smart for not getting the vaccine.
Gordo is a dbag but the data is pretty clear on the success of the vaccine.

There's no data to show masks work though so it makes me wonder why anybody smart would support that. That contradicts his previous claims.
West Point Aggie
AG
Maybe phds think TOO much
superunknown
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Economists study how to weigh dissimilar items, to see through flawed data, and to make future-impacting decisions despite of uncertainty. That's not a skill-set that doctors are trained in or regularly exercise.

3 economists go out hunting. They see a deer, and the first one fires, missing 10 feet to the left. Second one fires, missing 10 feet to the right. The third one jumps up and down in celebration, screaming "we got it, we got it!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.