FDA Votes Against COVID Booster

5,134 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by traxter
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
planoaggie123
AG
It is almost like the White House doesn't know what they are doing…
aTm2004
AG

Looks like the FDA wants to be the only credible organization out there.
Paradise Ag
AG

Dammit.

And just when we were getting this "mandate for plebes" thing rollin'.
Nasreddin
Hmm....
SouthTex99
AG
petebaker
cone
AG
I was just about to say

if they won't advise gen pop boosters how would they ever give EUA for under 12?
Another Doug
AG
Does this mean the FDA is no longer part of whatever conspiracy?

Also, do we get an all caps alert that they did approve a 3rd shot for immunocompromised people and people >65?
cone
AG
this is going to make vaccine passports both easier and harder
redcrayon
AG
Another Doug said:

Also, do we get an all caps alert that they did approve a 3rd shot for immunocompromised people and people >65?

You can create an all-caps alert if you'd like.

Like it or not, it's remarkable that the FDA did not approve boosters for everyone. Did you listen to the vote?
planoaggie123
AG
redcrayon said:

[

Like it or not, it's remarkable that the FDA did not approve boosters for everyone. Did you listen to the vote?

For those that didn't listen can you explain what you mean?
fightingfarmer09
planoaggie123 said:

redcrayon said:

[

For those that didn't listen can you explain what you mean?

Pretty harsh rebuttal to the safety and how effective the vaccines are particularly with variants.
redcrayon
AG
Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee 9/17/2021 - YouTube

Go to 7:02:30 in this video.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Another Doug said:

No. It is just a red herring. Fauci and company will just use OSHA or some other agency.
Another Doug
AG
redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

I don't need to listen to the fda to know that the bureaucracy exists for a reason and their decisions are deliberate in nature and usually do a good job of balancing risk vs reward. I also know that they might change their mind at some point. I just have no idea why not recommending a 3rd shot is huge news to crowd that won't get the first.
cone
AG
they aren't going to override the FDA here
cone
AG
it's pretty huge news to me

given what Israel has already done
AggieUSMC
AG
This is good. There is no evidence everyone needs a booster. The data only indicates those in high risk profiles might need a booster.
YouBet
AG
Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

I don't need to listen to the fda to know that the bureaucracy exists for a reason and their decisions are deliberate in nature and usually do a good job of balancing risk vs reward. I also know that they might change their mind at some point. I just have no idea why not recommending a 3rd shot is huge news to crowd that won't get the first.
Seriously? Because it gives weight to their opinions on the low efficacy of these vaccines.

Pretty obvious news.
aTm2004
AG
YouBet said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Seriously? Because it gives weight to their opinions on the low efficacy of these vaccines.

Pretty obvious news.

He so wants the booster.
traxter
Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Texags: I don't trust the doctors and scientists in the government on anything with COVID

2 minutes later

Texags: OMG, see, the doctors and scientists in the government said something I agree with regarding COVID, I must share how much I agree with them.
fullback44
AG
petebaker said:

So as many Drs and researchers have been warning, these shots may be driving the variants... people that are a listening to this white house need to get their head examined, the FDA finally had the balls to do whats right and tell the WH boosters and shots are not working... they are in fact probably driving the variants we are seeing ...

yet all the sheeep listen blindly to what Dementia Joe's group keeps trying to do
bigtruckguy3500
fullback44 said:

petebaker said:

So as many Drs and researchers have been warning, these shots may be driving the variants... people that are a listening to this white house need to get their head examined, the FDA finally had the balls to do whats right and tell the WH boosters and shots are not working... they are in fact probably driving the variants we are seeing ...

yet all the sheeep listen blindly to what Dementia Joe's group keeps trying to do
That's not how it works. Variants don't emerge because of vaccination. The delta strain is thought to have emerged from India. The UK strain emerged from the UK prior to large scale vaccination roll out. Variants emerge naturally as viruses make mistakes in their replication process. Most variants end up dying off on their own, and sometimes variants will actually make a virus less harmful and less transmissable. The vaccine, just like natural immunity, will produce a selective pressure that will cause only the variants that are not well recognized by the immune system to propagate. But again, this is the same thing as natural immunity.

The influenza virus has changed every year well before vaccines, and there are 100's of minor variants of it. Getting the flu vaccine, or the actual flu, on year will likely protect you against that strain for years. But between natural waning immunity and constant genetic drift of the flu virus, you are likely to get the flu later in life.

I've said before that we should hold off on a booster until the data clearly supports it, and there's a solid recommendation on how long after the initial dose we should get it, and I still think that's the case. It is likely that this will turn into some sort of annual shot, or perhaps biannual, but that's yet to be seen. I think the FDA looked at the actual data, and I highly doubt this random lady during the open session had anything to do with it.
fullback44
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

fullback44 said:

petebaker said:

That's not how it works. Variants don't emerge because of vaccination. The delta strain is thought to have emerged from India. The UK strain emerged from the UK prior to large scale vaccination roll out. Variants emerge naturally as viruses make mistakes in their replication process. Most variants end up dying off on their own, and sometimes variants will actually make a virus less harmful and less transmissable. The vaccine, just like natural immunity, will produce a selective pressure that will cause only the variants that are not well recognized by the immune system to propagate. But again, this is the same thing as natural immunity.

The influenza virus has changed every year well before vaccines, and there are 100's of minor variants of it. Getting the flu vaccine, or the actual flu, on year will likely protect you against that strain for years. But between natural waning immunity and constant genetic drift of the flu virus, you are likely to get the flu later in life.

I've said before that we should hold off on a booster until the data clearly supports it, and there's a solid recommendation on how long after the initial dose we should get it, and I still think that's the case. It is likely that this will turn into some sort of annual shot, or perhaps biannual, but that's yet to be seen. I think the FDA looked at the actual data, and I highly doubt this random lady during the open session had anything to do with it.

All the experts on how viruses work these days .. where have you been for 60 years for the flu?
bigtruckguy3500
fullback44 said:

bigtruckguy3500 said:

fullback44 said:

petebaker said:

All the experts on how viruses work these days .. where have you been for 60 years for the flu?
I take it by your response you don't really understand why you should still get the flu shot.
94chem
YouBet said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Pretty obvious news.

When it's really doing exactly the opposite.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
cone
AG
so basically if you got Pfizer, you're pretty likely to get a breakthrough case on a long enough timeline (and the people I know who got those cases fully recovered although they felt pretty bad in doing so), but it's better to get that eventual breakthrough case than keep pumping in boosters every six months

I mean that's reasonable but it's definitely not going to break the anxiety and its economic hangover. that's really what I thought the boosters and child vaxs were for - to take the power out of the hands of the maximalists
94chem
cone said:

so basically if you got Pfizer, you're pretty likely to get a breakthrough case on a long enough timeline (and the people I know who got those cases fully recovered although they felt pretty bad in doing so), but it's better to get that eventual breakthrough case than keep pumping in boosters every six months

I mean that's reasonable but it's definitely not going to break the anxiety and its economic hangover. that's really what I thought the boosters and child vaxs were for - to take the power out of the hands of the maximalists

I took an extra nap one day. I think that was it. Sure better than my 6x IronMan friend who spent 2 weeks in hell with no vax.

And with 6 kids, like I've said on here before... you're gonna get Covid. Why you'd face it unarmed is beyond me.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fullback44
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

fullback44 said:

bigtruckguy3500 said:

fullback44 said:

petebaker said:

I take it by your response you don't really understand why you should still get the flu shot.

I've NEVER got the flu shot and only had the flu maybe 3 - 4 times in my life …. I get over it fairly quickly .. so no I don't get the flu shot either
aTm2004
AG
traxter said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Texags: I don't trust the doctors and scientists in the government who have continued to lie to us since the beginning of this, killing any ounce of credibility they have in the process, and have obviously taken political positions vs following what the science says on anything with COVID

2 minutes later

Texags: OMG, see, the doctors and scientists in the one government organization who hasn't pissed all over its credibility actually looked at the science and made a decision about COVID based on the actual science and not politics, I must share how much I agree with them.

Texags COVID****: RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

fify
Beat40
traxter said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Texags: I don't trust the doctors and scientists in the government on anything with COVID

2 minutes later

Texags: OMG, see, the doctors and scientists in the government said something I agree with regarding COVID, I must share how much I agree with them.

I'm just not a fan of this response. There is no room for critical thinking, from either side.

Let me ask you this - have 100% of doctors been in agreement this entire time? The answer is no. There are other doctors and experts people are listening to, but those voices aren't being promoted by the media or other officials. If they do get any air time, they are labeled as nuts (some of them are by the way). Many of them have been saying the same thing about the booster that the FDA just voted on. In fact, there are a couple of doctors on this very forum who have said they are not comfortable with promoting the booster as the data has not been provided. They've even said if you're immunocompromised or very vulnerable, you probably should go ahead with the booster, but wouldn't promote it for anyone else. This is exactly what the FDA just said.

I saw an exchange between two doctors on this forum where one said they're not ready to promote the booster because no data has been distributed, and another doctor could not believe that doctor would hold that opinion when the highest health agency was going to recommend it.

This goes for the other side too. There are people who do blindly accept anything against the narrative and don't critically think about the claims that are against the narrative.

This issue has never been black and white. The medical community isn't a homogenous thought. There is no room from mockery on either side. In fact, we should be pushing each other to be reasonable about information and read from a variety of view points to be well informed when we are given recommendations.

How about we question things in a healthy way to get to truth, which helps the entire community, rather than blindly trusting people?
amercer
AG
94chem said:

YouBet said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Pretty obvious news.

It's astounding and sad. A panel of experts said that the vaccines work so well that people don't need boosters, and some people manage to read that as "the vaccines don't work well"
94chem
amercer said:

94chem said:

YouBet said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Pretty obvious news.

It's astounding and sad. A panel of experts said that the vaccines work so well that people don't need boosters, and some people manage to read that as "the vaccines don't work well"

I've read several books on N Korea, several on Rwanda. I'm not a historian, but I never can quite put my finger on the tipping point for these vast episodes of tragic human psychology. These disasters don't happen without compliance from otherwise bright, thinking people. Just...so...bizarre.
94chem,
Gordo14
amercer said:

94chem said:

YouBet said:

Another Doug said:

redcrayon said:

Another Doug said:

Pretty obvious news.

When your FDA is propping up big pharma conspiracy theories fail - ignore all evidence and make up your own bull**** conclusions. Pretty much par for the course for F16 posters.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.