TX Cares Antibody study last day to enroll!

2,910 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by planoaggie123
ATXaggie83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just signed my husband up for the study and it says today, September 17th, is the last day to enroll. So if you have been thinking about doing this today is the day to sign up!

KidDoc
AG
Ah man that stinks I've been sending lots of families to them to help with decision making post-COVID recovery or those asking about boosters. I hope they extend it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Well the FDA Advisory Panel says otherwise
KidDoc
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

The FDA panel said there is not enough evidence at this time for global boosters. I agree 100% and said so when Biden first announced this.

That does not mean over time that the data will change and show a need for booster. This program was made to try and answer that kind of question and I hope they extend the grant.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
KidDoc said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

The FDA panel said there is not enough evidence at this time for global boosters. I agree 100% and said so when Biden first announced this.

That does not mean over time that the data will change and show a need for booster. This program was made to try and answer that kind of question and I hope they extend the grant.

As HHS, is buying up as many doses of monoclonal antibodies as they can to make vaccines the only option. The gig is up.

Let me guess; the hospital system you work for recommends Remdesivir, corticosteroids and an antibiotic.
KidDoc
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

KidDoc said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

As HHS, is buying up as many doses of monoclonal antibodies as they can to make vaccines the only option. The gig is up.

Let me guess; the hospital system you work for recommends Remdesivir, corticosteroids and an antibiotic.
100% incorrect- Regeneron, dexamethasone (mineralcortocoid) no antibiotics unless certain there is a secondary bacterial infection.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
KidDoc said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

KidDoc said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

100% incorrect- Regeneron, dexamethasone (mineralcortocoid) no antibiotics unless certain there is a secondary bacterial infection.

Close enough.
tb9665
So, me and my son signed up for the study. We both got our results back. My SARS-CoV2 Total Antibodies was negative and my COVUD-19 Antibodies , Spike Protein was positive with 846. I have never to my knowledge had COVID so I see the negative. My son also had the negative (same as me) and the positive the same. He reported over 2500 while I had 846. Can anyone explain why there could be a great difference? He also to out knowledge never had COVID. We also had the Moderna and finished the second shot only about a week difference. The second shot was mid-March.
setsmachine
AG
Apparently 100% incorrect is close enough
Tabasco
AG
setsmachine said:

Apparently 100% incorrect is close enough
Haha, I thought the same thing... what the hell?
MiMi
S
Quote:

He reported over 2500 while I had 846. Can anyone explain why there could be a great difference? H
Your son had a more 'robust' immune response to the vaccine than you. Lots of variables involved, so it's hard to say why yours is lower. What's y'all's ages? Possible co-morbidities? Etc.? The good news is that, despite the difference, both of you are likely protected from severe disease/hospitalization.

The important thing to remember is that antibody level is not the only thing in play protecting you from severe disease. Also, no one knows what the antibody level is that would trigger a need to booster.
Aries
These are my results from my blood draw yesterday that I got through my work:

SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab

Antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding
domain (RBD) were detected. It is yet undetermined what level of
antibody to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein correlates to immunity against
developing symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 disease. Studies are underway to
measure the quantitative levels of specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies
following vaccination. Such studies will provide valuable insights
into the correlation between protection from vaccination and
antibody levels.

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Ab Interp:

Positive

Roche Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S

SARS-CoV-2 Antibody, IgG:

Positive
Results suggest recent or prior infection with SARS-CoV-2. Correlation
with epidemiologic risk factors and other clinical and laboratory
findings is recommended. Serologic results should not be used as the
sole basis to diagnose or exclude recent SARS-CoV-2 infection. False
positive results infrequently occur due to prior infection with other
human Coronaviruses.
This assay was performed using the DiaSorin Liaison(R)
SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG assay.
This assay detects antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 spike protein
including the receptor binding domain (RBD).

Who can dumb this down for me.......?
MiMi
S
Quote:

You have antibodies for coronavirus, either from natural infection, vaccine, or both. You should be protected against severe disease and hospitalization. It would be interesting to recheck these levels in 3-6 months to see how your levels decrease (or not) over time.
KidDoc
AG
Aries said:

These are my results from my blood draw yesterday that I got through my work:

SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab

Antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding
domain (RBD) were detected. It is yet undetermined what level of
antibody to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein correlates to immunity against
developing symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 disease. Studies are underway to
measure the quantitative levels of specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies
following vaccination. Such studies will provide valuable insights
into the correlation between protection from vaccination and
antibody levels.

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Ab Interp:

Positive

Roche Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S

SARS-CoV-2 Antibody, IgG:

Positive
Results suggest recent or prior infection with SARS-CoV-2. Correlation
with epidemiologic risk factors and other clinical and laboratory
findings is recommended. Serologic results should not be used as the
sole basis to diagnose or exclude recent SARS-CoV-2 infection. False
positive results infrequently occur due to prior infection with other
human Coronaviruses.
This assay was performed using the DiaSorin Liaison(R)
SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG assay.
This assay detects antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 spike protein
including the receptor binding domain (RBD).

You had wild infection and have immunity. The spike protein antibodies develop with vaccine or wild infection so impossible to tell if you are vaccinated from that test.
Aries
I was vaccinated with Moderna in December/January. Never been diagnosed with COVID.
KidDoc
AG
You had exposure to wild covid and developed a response. You were just one of the 95% of that didn't get symptomatic disease with Moderna vaccine.
agtwister_5
AG
So are sign ups done for sure now?
planoaggie123
AG
Looks like it. I am enrolled but just went to the site to see if someone could sign up and it directs you to a "we met our goal" page....
AgsMyDude
AG
If already enrolled can you still go?
planoaggie123
AG
Yes. You will complete the study and do your remaining blood blood draws. I plan to do my 2nd and 3rd. Only done one so far.
Tabasco
AG
You can also request to do an extended extra 3 (we did, which should occur early November)
Charpie
AG
When are we supposed to go to get our second draws?
Tabasco
AG
Charpie said:

When are we supposed to go to get our second draws?

You will get a text from them. For the three of us that did it, it was exactly 3 months from the previous draw
AgsMyDude
AG
Thanks so for the first you just call your local lab and make the apt to get drawn?
planoaggie123
AG
After I completed the only registration, I got a text with links to find a nearby location.

I did not make a call in advance...just went around 930/10AM and figured they would not have a rush....i was right...walked right in and was out in 5 minutes....total time with commute, under 20 minutes....
AgsMyDude
AG
Thanks! I was in and out on Thursday as well around lunch time. Still no text or anything with results.

How long does it usually take?
planoaggie123
AG
Mine was next day. Heard 2 or 3 business days is normal. I would call Tuesday if nothing by then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.