How reliable is this source?

2,009 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by petebaker
Pokgai
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi, I am new here. Not trying to start a debate. I just wanna confirm if this source is reliable as I am genuinely worried.

https://www.worldtribune.com/unexpected-and-heartbreaking-thousands-flood-abc-affiliates-facebook-page-with-vaccination-horror-stories/
redcrayon
AG
WXYZ-TV Channel 7 - Posts | Facebook
CDub06
AG
Random internet commenters on a news story? Not reliable.
Forum Troll
AG
The Facebook comments are probably real. Interpret them how you will, but its the exact same type of stuff the OG anti vaxxers would post about MMR, Tdap, Hep B, and other vaccinations for years before COVID was even a thing.
Get Off My Lawn
Forum Troll said:

The Facebook comments are probably real. Interpret them how you will, ...

Strong start! Absolutely the right take: comments on internet are real, but their veracity is questionable.
Quote:

...but its the exact same type of stuff the OG anti vaxxers would post about MMR, Tdap, Hep B, and other vaccinations for years before COVID was even a thing.
And then a flop of a finish. Zero possibility that some may have had true negative reactions and are simply responding honestly, or a complete write off due to similarities. Just a blanket assertion that they're liars.
Pokgai
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/fda-panel-to-vote-on-covid-vaccine-booster-shots/

This news just popped up today.

Just for the record, I am not an anti-vaxxer. I took all the necessary vaccines and seasonal flu shots. I just want to do my due diligence before getting the shot for me and my family.
TAMU1990
AG
Is 11,000 unvaccinated Haitians in Del Rio real?
Forum Troll
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Forum Troll said:

Strong start! Absolutely the right take: comments on internet are real, but their veracity is questionable.
Quote:

...but its the exact same type of stuff the OG anti vaxxers would post about MMR, Tdap, Hep B, and other vaccinations for years before COVID was even a thing.
And then a flop of a finish. Zero possibility that some may have had true negative reactions and are simply responding honestly, or a complete write off due to similarities. Just a blanket assertion that they're liars.
You must not be familiar with pre covid anti vaxxers and how they operate on social media; they come out of the woodwork and spam stuff like this all the time. I am sure they are some true negative reactions within the group, but most of it is likely a combination of people who don't understand the concept of correlation =/= causation and people posting straight up lies.

Sorry that I don't happen to believe random Facebook comments from a Detroit local news station post that somehow garnered over 200k comments in 1 week.
Get Off My Lawn
Forum Troll said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Forum Troll said:

Quote:

You must not be familiar with pre covid anti vaxxers and how they operate on social media; they come out of the woodwork and spam stuff like this all the time. I am sure they are some true negative reactions within the group, but most of it is likely a combination of people who don't understand the concept of correlation =/= causation and people posting straight up lies.

Sorry that I don't happen to believe random Facebook comments from a Detroit local news station post that somehow garnered over 200k comments in 1 week.
I'm familiar with quite a few personalities on social media - which is why my comment was meant for the broader audience and not a self declare "forum troll." (Who follows up my criticism of a blanket dismissal with another dismissal rooted in a faulty assumption.)

A human who disregards (without consideration) everything that doesn't fit their preconceptions is little more than an NPC.
petebaker

This preprint indicates Heart damage in men.
The median age was 33 years (18-65 years). The sex ratio was 2 females to 29 males.
From what I understand heart damage is permanent in that heart cells don't regenerate or replace themselves like other body tissues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.