Joe Rogan's Treatment

12,313 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let me preface by saying I'm aware this is an anecdotal example. Rogan could have experienced one day of illness with no treatment at all.

Just listened to Rogan's first podcast since CNN and the news outlets attacked him for using "horse dewormer." Stated he was prescribed Ivermectin by a doctor. Asked guest if he was going to have to sue CNN.

If interested, it's the Tom Segura podcast posted today.

Highlights:

Came home from trip (stand up comedy) feeling tired all day Saturday. Told wife he thought is was a good idea to isolate in the house. Woke up with sweats and felt like he knew he had Covid. Was convinced ("90 percent sure") Sunday morning, tested positive, and already had a treatment in place. Had headache, felt sick, weak. Stated in previous statement that it was not a pleasant experience Saturday night through Sunday morning.

Took advice from several doctors and mentioned Dr. Pierre Kory (FLCCC) who has treated thousands of patients for Covid. Also mentioned Chairman of Tokyo Medical Association recommends treating Covid with Ivermectin.

What he took (Sunday Morning):

IV Drip of Vitamin C (high dose 10,000mg goes straight into bloodstream)
IV Drip of Vitamin D
NAD drip ("lengthens telemeres; coenzymes central to metabolism found in all living cells")
Monoclonal Antibodies
Ivermectin

"Felt pretty good Monday."

Stated that CNN failed to mention that he got well very quickly.

Also I'd point out that Rogan had no noticeable cough as well throughout the podcast.
bigtruckguy3500
I've already expressed my thoughts on Rogan's treatment in another thread. But do you think it's possible that Rogan is a smart person that understands stirring up controversy could help him gain more viewers/listeners, and boost his bottom line? Any publicity is good publicity?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Actually after listening to him for over half a decade now, I don't think he is someone that would do that intentionally. Think that's part of his appeal. He already has the $100M+ Spotify deal.
aggierogue
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

I've already expressed my thoughts on Rogan's treatment in another thread. But do you think it's possible that Rogan is a smart person that understands stirring up controversy could help him gain more viewers/listeners, and boost his bottom line? Any publicity is good publicity?
Is it possible he's using the topic to gain viewers/listeners? Sure. But I don't get that impression at all, and I've been listening to him for years. He tends to be open minded and willing to listen to all sides.

He's also putting his reputation at risk by admitting to this, and one could argue that it's not good publicity. He's already had people trying to deplatform him for other issues. That's one of his greatest strengths as a podcaster. People find him to be a lot like the average guy, likable, and honest.

And his reach is greater than any "news" anchor as he averages 190 million downloads a month.
amercer
AG
Monoclonal Antibodies
AeroAg1
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Like Chris Cuomo did at CNN?
TheMasterplan
That's exactly what the MSM did when discussing Joe Rogan.

He's running a podcast. Not a TV show or radio station.

Him and his guests are a lot more insightful than the MSM and they hate that he gets lots of attention as that means they have less control of the narrative, information and power.

That's why you've seen this big propaganda campaign to call everything "misinformation" and you have the current administration trying to get FB to censor people. It's all about control. You can disagree about Rohan's treatment but it's incredibly obvious why he was treated by the media the way he was. Jealousy, envy, anger, bitterness.
Drip99
AG
The biggest takeaway i got from his treatment is that very few people on earth have the means to get that done that rapidly. Maybe its a full scale cure for covid or maybe he was always going to have a easy case of it, but how many people can test positive on a sunday and within hours have all that stuff dripping thru their veins without leaving their house? He said he already had a plan and was ready to go for if/when he got covid, so the message should be if you don't get vaccinated, ensure you have a private personal physician with all those treatments lined up and ready to roll right?
Post removed:
by user
bay fan
S
So why waste the resources and money? He clearly didn't trust that.
JFABNRGR
AG
JesusQuintana said:

The biggest takeaway i got from his treatment is that very few people on earth have the means to get that done that rapidly. Maybe its a full scale cure for covid or maybe he was always going to have a easy case of it, but how many people can test positive on a sunday and within hours have all that stuff dripping thru their veins without leaving their house? He said he already had a plan and was ready to go for if/when he got covid, so the message should be if you don't get vaccinated, ensure you have a private personal physician with all those treatments lined up and ready to roll right?
The question that should arise from your biggest take away is the following:

WHY DOESN'T THE MAJORITY OR EVEN EVERYBODY HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THIS TREATMENT?

We are almost 2 years into this mess billions of dollars and the worthless criminal health organization of this county have yet to even post recommendations for prevention and or early treatment that could most likely keep people from dying or going to the hospital.

This stuff should be passed out at every street corner in place of the testing centers.
Drip99
AG
JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

We are almost 2 years into this mess billions of dollars and the worthless criminal health organization of this county have yet to even post recommendations for prevention and or early treatment that could most likely keep people from dying or going to the hospital.

This stuff should be passed out at every street corner in place of the testing centers.
The answer is likely cost, access and proven effectiveness. It would be interesting to hear how much he paid for his services and how easy this was to access for him. As stated above, he is likely healthier than 99% of American's so maybe this whole event would have amounted to very little for him without the treatment. Its also very hard to pass out IV treatments of any kind like candy as it requires professional administration. He tested positive and within hours had someone at his house getting him on IV drips on a sunday....thats not going to happen for the majority or everybody....ever.
Proposition Joe
I like listening to Rogan's interviews but he swings so wildly from one side to the other based on who he is talking to. His feelings on COVID have gone from "this is nothing" to "terrified" to somewhere in the middle. So basically like a lot of people.

The people he interviews are worth listening to, but he's in no way a guy we should look to for guidance or evidence.
TarponChaser
Proposition Joe said:

I like listening to Rogan's interviews but he swings so wildly from one side to the other based on who he is talking to. His feelings on COVID have gone from "this is nothing" to "terrified" to somewhere in the middle. So basically like a lot of people.

The people he interviews are worth listening to, but he's in no way a guy we should look to for guidance or evidence.

A big reason for Rogan's popularity is his willingness to interview and listen to pretty much everybody and every POV and try to understand the basis for the various positions. He can be pretty out there on some things but he can also be pretty level-headed and common sense on a lot of things.

I'm not saying he's some great thinker but he interviews a ton of great thinkers and will question them while allowing them to make their case and let people decide for themselves.

WRT to him getting covid and taking ivermectin, I have no clue if it worked for him, but it almost certainly didn't hurt in the least. However, other than his age (53, IIRC) he's pretty low risk overall because he's in great shape and already takes a ton of vitamins like vitamin D to ensure a robust immune system. Additionally, he's pretty well known for doing a ton of his workouts outside and simply being outside in the fresh air and sunshine while you're working out really contributes to a strong immune system.
Keller6Ag91
AG
JesusQuintana said:

JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

The answer is likely cost, access and proven effectiveness. It would be interesting to hear how much he paid for his services and how easy this was to access for him. As stated above, he is likely healthier than 99% of American's so maybe this whole event would have amounted to very little for him without the treatment. Its also very hard to pass out IV treatments of any kind like candy as it requires professional administration. He tested positive and within hours had someone at his house getting him on IV drips on a sunday....thats not going to happen for the majority or everybody....ever.
It's not that much. I bet he did it for under $300. I did the IV drip with Vitamin C/D and a few other elements for $150.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
94chem
Keller6Ag91 said:

JesusQuintana said:

JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

It's not that much. I bet he did it for under $300. I did the IV drip with Vitamin C/D and a few other elements for $150.
Where? In the parking lot at Costco? A food truck? Halftime locker room in Friday Night Lights?

I'll take shots for $25, Alex.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Drip99
AG
Keller6Ag91 said:

JesusQuintana said:

JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

You are saying that I can get a doctor to prescribe this cocktail and a nurse to come over to my house and drip IV and antibodies for $300 total and be on call/ready to go for me 7 days a week when I test positive? Who do I call because I will put that in motion now?
94chem
JesusQuintana said:

Keller6Ag91 said:

JesusQuintana said:

JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

You are saying that I can get a doctor to prescribe this cocktail and a nurse to come over to my house and drip IV and antibodies for $300 total and be on call/ready to go for me 7 days a week when I test positive? Who do I call because I will put that in motion now?
Dude, you don't have the home IV machine? They make one that come right off your Keurig. You can even do a coffee infusion. The problem is that the base model Keurig is $295, then you factor in the vitamin D pods, the IV carafe, the hypodermics...seems a stretch to get it for under $350.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AustinAg2K
SoupNazi2001 said:

JesusQuintana said:

Guys in great shape. Probably needed none of it and it's just placebo for him.

This is my feeling as well. It seems to me that the same people who claim ivermectin as a cure, six months ago were saying covid was just a cold. Ivermectin may help. I honestly have no idea, but I've known enough people to have gotten sick, done nothing, and been fine in two days to make me think it's a placebo for most people. Especially Rogan, who is extremely fit.
P.U.T.U
AG
Rogan is around 50 and no matter what you think about the different medicines he used you need to look at something else, Rogan is extremely healthy and fit. I would say that help him more than the medicines.

The government has never mentioned getting healthier the entire time, this would have been a great opportunity to save thousands of lives, not only from Covid. But no wear a mask and get a vaccine.
Drip99
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Rogan is around 50 and no matter what you think about the different medicines he used you need to look at something else, Rogan is extremely healthy and fit. I would say that help him more than the medicines.

The government has never mentioned getting healthier the entire time, this would have been a great opportunity to save thousands of lives, not only from Covid. But no wear a mask and get a vaccine.
Yep but if you are an adult and don't know that being healthy and fit is better for your life then having the government tell you is likely not going to help. You and I both know many educated people that get told by their doctors yearly to lose weight, eat better and exercise but they never do it and if they won't listen to their doc they probably won't be listening to biden/trump/faucci either. Getting healthy and fit takes mental and physical work over time. Many don't want to put in the work but all with a functioning brain should know that cheeseburgers and fries are bad/gyms are good.
Proposition Joe
He's absolutely got a willingness to listen to anyone, but I feel one of his faults is that soon after listening to that person he'll change his opinion on something completely. He'll have a scientist on and suddenly he's terrified of COVID. Then he'll have Berenson on and suddenly he feels like COVID is no big deal.
bigtruckguy3500
JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

So, this is like asking why doesn't everyone in this country have the ability to call up a doctor any time they want and get whatever prescription they ask for. Or just being able to walk into a pharmacy and buy antibiotics when you've got a cold, like you can do in many 3rd world countries that now have significant bacterial antibiotic resistance.

In this case:
1) These treatments haven't been shown to be effective
2) These treatments cost money
3) Spending money on ineffective treatment takes resources away from effective treatments, and resources away from individuals that may need them more
4) We are in the midst of a shortage of everything, microchips, medications, medical supplies, nurses, etc. Where are all these people going to come from to start administering this? How much money do we spend on manufacturing capacity for a temporary surge in demand? Who's going to pay for all that if it proves to be not needed in a few months?

The rich in this country have always been able to get concierge medicine, whether it's effective/safe or not. That's not going to change. We already spend more on healthcare in this country than anyplace in the world, without much to show for it, because we think more is always better. Fact is that any treatment that has potential benefit, also has potential harm. It doesn't matter if we're talking cancer screenings, or testing for a strep throat, you will at some point get false positives. Those false positives lead to treatments that weren't necessary, and those treatments lead to potential harm.
boomis
AG
P.U.T.U said:

You're right of course about people's underlying fitness pre-covid, but there's zero chance of that message having worked. If this many people are getting worked up over simply being asked to take a free vaccine that will reduce their chances of hospitalization and/or death by 90-whatever percent, I've got to believe that telling people to diet and exercise wouldn't result in anything other than an even larger group of pissed off people, a bunch of memes about Darth Fauci trying to take your Big Macs and a bunch of message board anecdotes about someone's brother in law who caught covid and got better after eating a bag of Funyuns.
c-jags
Quote:

If this many people are getting worked up over simply being asked to take a free vaccine that will reduce their chances of hospitalization and/or death by 90-whatever percent,

I don't think the general dissent against the vaccine is people being "asked" to take it.

Quote:

I've got to believe that telling people to diet and exercise wouldn't result in anything other than an even larger group of pissed off people, a bunch of memes about Darth Fauci trying to take your Big Macs and a bunch of message board anecdotes about someone's brother in law who caught covid and got better after eating a bag of Funyuns.

My sister rants and raves about how the unvaccinated are going to kill her and posts LOLs every time some anti-mask or anti-vaccine mandate person gets sick and/or dies.

She is a single 40 year old diabetic woman who is 4'11 and 300 lbs that has heart issues.

She'd be much better served with the second quote part than the first.

Disclaimer: I am vaccinated. I recommend that everybody get vaccinated if their health care provider thinks it's best for them.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Over 99% of people will survive Covid no matter what medicine they take. Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office. I didn't take anything and other than lose my smell and taste for 5 days, it was nothing more than a minor head cold. I could have taken Ivermectin and claimed it as some miracle drug when in reality, it didn't do anything. That's the problem with these studies. When people end up being fine, how do you know it was the medicine or their immune system? They likely would have been fine without it. Plenty of people have still died taking Ivermectin, so it's definitely not some cure all miracle drug.
Jabin
Quote:

Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office.
Completely false. Of those who test positive for Covid in Pennsylvania, 7.5-9.0% end up being hospitalized. I believe that the data is similar over most of the States.
TarponChaser
Jabin said:

Quote:

Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office.
Completely false. Of those who test positive for Covid in Pennsylvania, 7.5-9.0% end up being hospitalized. I believe that the data is similar over most of the States.

100 - 7.5 = 92.5
100 - 9 = 91

Both 91 and 92.5 are >90 if my arithmetic is correct.
Jabin
TarponChaser said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

100 - 7.5 = 92.5
100 - 9 = 91

What he said was "step foot in a hospital or a doctor's office". If that many are being hospitalized, it's safe to assume that a much greater percentage are being seen by a doctor or someone at a hospital and then sent home. In fact, the vast majority of people that are seen by a medical professional are, fortunately, not hospitalized.
TarponChaser
Jabin said:

TarponChaser said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

100 - 7.5 = 92.5
100 - 9 = 91

What he said was "step foot in a hospital or a doctor's office". If that many are being hospitalized, it's safe to assume that a much greater percentage are being seen by a doctor or someone at a hospital and then sent home. In fact, the vast majority of people that are seen by a medical professional are, fortunately, not hospitalized.

People go to the ER for a sinus infection too.
Jabin
So what's your point and how is it germane to the conversation?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Jabin said:

Quote:

The number of people that have had Covid are higher than reported cases.
Jabin
Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

Exactly how much higher, and how do we know that? Who is collecting the data and how is it collected?

The numbers I've seen have all been estimates and have been wildly different. In addition, the ones thrown around early in Covid have proven to be wildly wrong.
aggierogue
AG
Proposition Joe said:

He's absolutely got a willingness to listen to anyone, but I feel one of his faults is that soon after listening to that person he'll change his opinion on something completely. He'll have a scientist on and suddenly he's terrified of COVID. Then he'll have Berenson on and suddenly he feels like COVID is no big deal.
You sound like someone who has rarely listened to Rogan. I've never heard him terrified of anything other than polar bears.
KidDoc
AG
Jabin said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

Exactly how much higher, and how do we know that? Who is collecting the data and how is it collected?

The numbers I've seen have all been estimates and have been wildly different. In addition, the ones thrown around early in Covid have proven to be wildly wrong.
CDC says more than 80% of blood donors show immunity of some kind. ( I linked a CNN article that summarizes it rather than the CDC one that is a bit dense.

More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some immunity to coronavirus, blood survey finds (cnn.ph)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.