Mother on Ventilator, I am making the Decisions...

11,543 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Charpie
littledude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm very sorry for your loss and for this experience

You should be able to get her medical records. The cures act has made it much easier for patients to get access to them for free. I'm not sure how it works at this hospital but many hospitals, particularly in less urban areas, are using Tele-ICU care where the critical care physician is managing the patient remotely. Not saying that it's right or wrong. Just letting you know it's a thing.
dermdoc
AG
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for God's comfort and the peace that pass the all understanding.

And it chaps my hide about you not seeing any docs. There is something about face to face interaction and actually touching the patient that to me is vital in being a doctor.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
AG
Sorry bud. I lost my mom in February to Covid. 79 years old.

Sucks all around.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
scottimus
AG
Now that things have settled in a bit, I am going to pull the medical records and wanted to look at some details.

Any advice on who may be a better fit to review these for inconsistencies.

As I stated, this was at Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen, TX.

I have a good friend that has been an ER RN there for the last 4 years. She told me that no one has made it out of the Covid ICU ward except a Doctor from there that was ECMOed out and received a lung transplant.

Does this sound accurate for a hospital and system so big? I have significant questions about their ventilator training, practices, and have been told the reputation of the Charge Nurse there is one based off of their insurance and vaccine status.

Charpie
AG
I'm so sorry.

I think there is a huge problem with Valley health care in general. I think COVID is exposing that.

Valley Baptist is just themselves in Harlingen, Brownsville, and it looks like they took over Knapp in Weslaco. I would bet that they are overrun with medical stuff in general. My mother in law is getting a medical procedure done at Valley Baptist and needed to go check in for pre op stuff. It took her 4 hours to do that. That is freaking ridiculous.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. I've long hated how they treat people down there, especially what happened to my dad at DHR years ago.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.