You're more protected at 6 months than 1 month, despite having lower detectable antib

1,877 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieMD95
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hadn't heard this about the mRNA vaccines -

beerad12man
AG
I keep seeing some say you might need to get another shot every 6 months. But I have a feeling these things will produce immune responses for years for many.
amercer
AG
6 months is the number because that's what we have data one. In 6 more months the number with be 12 months....

Now, boosters might be needed if any variants actually start to escape the vaccines, but right now everything looks good. I'd expect immunity from the vaccines to last years.
Duncan Idaho
It is almost like they statements have been "at least 6months" and not "at most 6 months"
JP_Losman
AG
Why should we believe the variants won't escape the vaccines eventually?

If not, we could tweak a flu shot to avoid all variants using mRNA technology yes?
Rubble
AG
2 more weeks
greg.w.h
AG
JP_Losman said:

Why should we believe the variants won't escape the vaccines eventually?

If not, we could tweak a flu shot to avoid all variants using mRNA technology yes?

Start with this decoder ring. And realize the covid-19 vaccine molecule is messenger RNA coding for the specific spike in the early variants.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/types.htm
beerad12man
AG
amercer said:

6 months is the number because that's what we have data one. In 6 more months the number with be 12 months....

Now, boosters might be needed if any variants actually start to escape the vaccines, but right now everything looks good. I'd expect immunity from the vaccines to last years.
Agreed
The_Fox
Sweet! It been almost 6 months since I had the rona. Great news!
AggieMD95
AG
I think eventually illnesses from variants of this thing will start occurring in vaxd individuals. But due to long term at least partial immunity it will blend into our population as just another common cold virus. At that point a booster is irrelevant . If icu level cases and deaths are approaching zero, who cares.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.