Anyone taking ivomec as a preventative?

20,399 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone here been taking ivermectin as a preventative? If so, how do you get it? Will most doctors prescribe it if you ask for it? Can all pharmacies, more or less, fill it?

Goodbull_19
AG
Also, was there ever a consensus as to whether or not you can use the ivermectin meant for cattle? Take 1 mL?
agywife
Post by Dr Coates about ivermectin below on his fb page. Known here as Doc Rev

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2896318170651121/?d=n
AggieAuditor
AG
Just read doc's post. Does anyone know which form to get? My local tractor supply only has the paste. Can I take that?
CyAg86
AG
I know a Dr who has her entire take the paste mixed with applesauce as a preventative measure.
Cowman1
AggieAuditor
AG
Username checks out
Brat86
AG
They have been prescribing that in Mexico for awhile and know of several people who recovered from it.
Sq 17
I've got the horse paste 1.87% and am thinking about adding this to my Zinc, Quercetin ,Vit D , etc regimen.

Was looking for dosage and frequency. The paste has markings on the plunger but the dosage by weight oddly is not linear. The amount recommended for 250# is significantly greater than 1/2 of the 500# dose

Of course I could go buy the 1% cattle if that is better / easier I guess because the paste is designed to be taken orally I would prefer to go with it
Found it on the senate thread page 2
robdobyns
AG
I've been taking it for 6 weeks. I get my booster vaccine in 10 days and will stop 14 days after that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
robdobyns
AG
This is the regimen I use. The problem is that no studies exist on dosing guidelines for prophylaxis. Another doctor I follow on you tube takes a dose weekly after the first two doses. I take a dose once every month.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sq 17
Thanks I am leaning towards dosing weekly using the 1.87 paste
the other thread says the dose is similar the weight markings on the plunger are applicable to people as well as equine

The other thread said the amount of paste is a bout a teaspoon
AggieP18
As some anecdotal evidence for ivermectin, I know of several older ranches who got covid, took ivermectin and were back to normal within a day or two.
aggiez03
AG
robdobyns said:

This is the regimen I use. The problem is that no studies exist on dosing guidelines for prophylaxis. Another doctor I follow on you tube takes a dose weekly after the first two doses. I take a dose once every month.
How much and what percent? Only once per month?
samsal75
AG
Check out;
flccc.net
robdobyns
AG

Just saw this Brit meta-analysis today. Good scoop.
fightingfarmer09
How a year has changed everything on this board.

We went from people drinking fish tank cleaner, a President being ridiculed for his support of a potential treatment, screaming at anyone that suggested there were promising treatments, to celebrating a vaccine that you will be ostracized if you don't take, and back around to taking horse paste ivermectin off label.

I'm at a loss for words.
Inca
AG
Sq 17 said:

Was looking for dosage and frequency. The paste has markings on the plunger but the dosage by weight oddly is not linear. The amount recommended for 250# is significantly greater than 1/2 of the 500# dose

Is there data that indicates equine ivermectin paste is safe for humans??????

I'm going to have to look when I get home but I thought the dosing was consistent by weight. I have multiple horses at home so have tubes of this on hand at all times.
JFABNRGR
AG
The difference between ivermectin for animal use and human use is labeling, cost, and insurance. Ivermectin has and continues to be used on humans for a variety of reasons and found to be very safe. Do your own research but EVMS for provylaxis use recommends every 2 weeks for the most high risk people. Given its efficacy as a treatment also, i dont think its needed but every 120 days or so and if you begin to exhibit symptoms or are to have close exposure, then dose again.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
aggiez03
AG
So apparently, people are using Ivermectin horse paste in treatment of Scabies and have found reviews on Amazon and other places as well where people are taking it.

This video shows the process of figuring out a dose:

https://www.maximpulse.com/permethrin/ivermectin-calculating-a-dose.html

Here is the document JFABNRGR is referencing above, I believe...

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Not sure how 0.2 mg/kg translates to the horse dosage in the video above, but found many people saying the human and horse dosages are identical just based on horse tube weight. Actually, in the first link above the guy shows the math how the dosage works out the same with the horse paste.

Only question is once per month sufficient for people with no co-morbidities? I never found dosage frequency for anyone but high risk.
Sq 17
The video has a really promising chart at 7:32 being a lol poor it would not let me post a screen shot maybe somebody can help with that
Tia
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiez03 said:

So apparently, people are using Ivermectin horse paste in treatment of Scabies and have found reviews on Amazon and other places as well where people are taking it.

This video shows the process of figuring out a dose:

https://www.maximpulse.com/permethrin/ivermectin-calculating-a-dose.html

Here is the document JFABNRGR is referencing above, I believe...

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Not sure how 0.2 mg/kg translates to the horse dosage in the video above, but found many people saying the human and horse dosages are identical just based on horse tube weight. Actually, in the first link above the guy shows the math how the dosage works out the same with the horse paste.

Only question is once per month sufficient for people with no co-morbidities? I never found dosage frequency for anyone but high risk.
For me a healthy 50 year old who's research has found that the efficacy as a treatment, especially early is so good, that my regiment is to take every 120 days, but should I get exposed or begin to exhibit symptoms, then I will dose again on day 1 day 3 protocol immediately after the exposure notification or showing symptoms. It appears that many of the problems are associated with the viral replication in the body from exposure through day 11 and the Ivermectin apparently blocks all viral replication. Personally I think it is also wise to treat even if the sickness is not that bad because of the potential long term lung damage.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Sq 17
Bumping thread
Hoping to find a tele health resource to get An Ivermectin Rx
Niece , who has a collection of health issues , just tested positive.
TIA
88planoAg
AG
Sq 17 said:

Bumping thread
Hoping to find a tele health resource to get An Ivermectin Rx
Niece , who has a collection of health issues , just tested positive.
TIA
Try Dr. Coates (doc rev) he does telemedicine
Sq 17
Thanks I called his office today and will try again first thing in the morning
MyAgs1820
Sq 17 said:

Thanks I called his office today and will try again first thing in the morning
You can buy equine Ivermectin on Amazon or at a local feed store if you live near one. This thread has information on the dosage and is fairly simple to calculate. I hope you can find some quickly, one way or another!
Sq 17
Thanks I have some for me Animal grade meds would be a tougher sell for my sisters daughter
aggieduke
AG
I've seen people recommend Noromectin. Feed store is sold out of the blue label and only has noromectin plus.

Is this safe?

Thanks
Philippians 4:13
Inca
AG
Google indicates it contains clorsulon. And isn't noromectin an injectable?
Sq 17
A few people are reporting they are using the injectable orally mixed with juice
No opinion on taking an injectable orally some posters are doing it
Inca
AG
I think we have crossed the line into crazy land. Lol

Talk to a doctor if you are that convinced you need ivermectin.
Al Bula
AG
Inca said:

I think we have crossed the line into crazy land. Lol

Talk to a doctor if you are that convinced you need ivermectin.
Very irresponsible of Texags to let this thread run wild.
aggieduke
AG
Crazy land? Ok... I have been told it is safe for humans to ingest Noromectin (brand name) that contains ivernectin. It is pretty common knowledge among these boards. There is another product called " Noronectin plus" . Not sure why it's crazy land to ask if this is product is considered safe as well. All the feed stores around my town are sold out of Noromectin and are on back order. Every employee that I know at the feed store have all taken this product and are swearing by it. So again...not sure why this is crazy land. Isn't this the reason these boards exist?

I am in no way in the medical field or want to persuade anyone to do anything that could potentially harm themselves.
Sq 17
There are way more irresponsible threads on Texans than this one
aggieduke
AG
Sq 17 said:

There are way more irresponsible threads on Texans than this one

Yes there is
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.