Looks like it is now my turn

8,411 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DukeMu
Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife had allergy like symptoms, mild cough and fatigue she I tested her on December 22nd and it came back positive on Christmas Eve.

I am now having similar symptoms. Had my test done on the 24th. Don't have results yet but pretty sure she gave it to me. We cancelled all Christmas plans and will isolate for 10days.

I am taking all the supplements along with ivermectin/doxycycline. So far we both have taste and smell intact. Really feels like bad allergies with headaches and fatigue. But it is still early in the process so just hope it stays like this.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fitch
AG
Dang! So sorry to hear -- hoping it will be a short and mild duration. Take care of yourself, doc.
Terence Kitchens
Get well Doc! My wife and I just got it too. I got pretty sick yesterday and have 101 fever, aches, chills, headache, bad cough, and diarrhea. It sucks.

-TK
TK
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Godspeed. Get well. You'll do fine with your knowledge.
lefty2000
AG
Praying for you and your wife, Doc! Very appreciative of all you do for the Aggie Family! Stay positive and both of you get well soon!
Aggie95
AG
Get well soon!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
get well
RockwallAg99
AG
Reveille said:

My wife had allergy like symptoms, mild cough and fatigue she I tested her on December 22nd and it came back positive on Christmas Eve.

I am now having similar symptoms. Had my test done on the 24th. Don't have results yet but pretty sure she gave it to me. We cancelled all Christmas plans and will isolate for 10days.

I am taking all the supplements along with ivermectin/doxycycline. So far we both have taste and smell intact. Really feels like bad allergies with headaches and fatigue. But it is still early in the process so just hope it stays like this.

Praying for the both of you! Please keep us updated. Thank you for all the help personally you've given me and the resources you've provided to many here on Texags and Facebook.
88planoAg
AG
Oh no. Sorry to hear, and hopeful that you can use all you've learned for yourself.
wildcat08
AG
Hate to hear this. You have been a great resource for so many of us. Prayers for an easy path through this valley!
Bucketrunner
Best wishes to you and your wife for a mild case and speedy recovery.
cc_ag92
AG
So sorry- be careful and take care of yourself and your wife. Praying you're both well soon!
TPS Reports
AG
Sorry Doc. You have been a bright light and great support for so many people throughout this awful pandemic. Lifting you and your wife in prayer asking for a full and fast recovery.
I already have a dog
AG
Prayers for you and your wife. Thank you for all your efforts to get the TexAg family through this safely.
cowenlaw
AG
Praying for you doc.
TAMUallen
AG
Prayers for you! Kick COVID ass and be a shining example of how great we can treat this!
DadHammer
AG
Get well soon. Prayers for you both.

Are you replacing HCQ and Zpac with ivermectin/doxycycline?

Wife and I have been following your recommendations from the beginning.
bay fan
S
Praying for you and thankful for your role in helping so many. I hope neither of you develop a rough course.

One question doc, do you have a theory why now, after 9 months several physicians on this thread have recently contracted the virus?
Troglodyte
AG
Sorry to hear that Rev. My 10 days ends tomorrow. So far, minimal symptoms. I had allergy like symptoms early, but really nothing out of the ordinary. T&P for you and your wife. I've been following your posts and suggestions since the beginning. You have really helped me and a lot of other people through this challenging time.
SueAggie93
AG
So far ours started the exact same way. The family is better but I'm on day 10 of symptoms and day 8 of fever (~101) ...02 has been 97 and above...taking all the recommended supplements (since March) did the extra vitamin D.... Dr put me on doxyclinine as he thought it was sinus infection (test was an after thought, precaution) .. I lost taste and smell 6 days ago....ready for this to pass

I hope you get a light dose!
ktc83
AG
Praying you and your wife have a mild case. Thank you for all you do in your practice and on Texags and Facebook. You have helped a lot of people navigate through this virus. Please keep us posted on how you and your wife are doing.
SVaggie84
AG
Praying you and your wife get better soon. Thanks for all you've done for all of us.
P.U.T.U
AG
Crazy you have dealt with all these cases but you get it from your family. Good luck
Reveille
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Crazy you have dealt with all these cases but you get it from your family. Good luck
Yeah I thought the same thing! But I am not wearing a mask or taking some the same precautions around my wife like I do in the clinic. But is ironic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pelayo
AG
Reveille said:

Very sorry to hear that. Wish vaccine could have made it sooner.
Pelayo
AG
Reveille said:

P.U.T.U said:

Yeah I thought the same thing! But I am not wearing a mask or taking some the same precautions around my wife like I do in the clinic. But is ironic.
Not sure where, pretty-very cautious at work. Son tested positive, asymptomatic.
aphi1983
AG
Day 6th for me. Praying for you and your family. BTHOcovid!
Big Al 1992
AG
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Reveille said:

P.U.T.U said:

Agree. But. TMI - as many can relate - I find my wife irresistible. COVID be damned. If I get it again from her so be it. I worry more about me giving it to her. She has been a champ and kept "normalcy" in our relationship thru this. Just curious - are there people on TexAgs who are masking at home with family? I doubt that.

Surprisingly, thank God, she did not get it when I did. Miraculous.
bushytailed
AG
Take care of yourself, Dr Rev! Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Troglodyte
AG
Reveille said:

Not to pry, but how's it going?
Redassag94
AG
Prayers for you. You have helped so many. I have told countless people about your supplement plan. Including some doctors and medical professionals that are like querce... what?
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
DadHammer
AG
I to have shared your supplement plan with everyone I know. Many thanks and I hope you are feeling better.
Reveille
AG
Troglodyte said:

Reveille said:

Not to pry, but how's it going?

I am doing good! Really tired alot though.
HeadCiv78
AG
Reveille said:

P.U.T.U said:

This sounds a lot like my family. I got exposed and caught it at work, exposed the wife and she caught it. We were both following the Rev recipe and were lucky enough to have mild cases and have fully recovered..

We have been religious about staying away from and protecting my parents, ages 88 and 84. However, we did have a short gathering on the 20th. Lo and behold, my 88 year old Dad wasn't feeling well and tested positive the following Wednesday. It now appears that he infected at least two others in the family. Ironically, the ones we have been so diligent in protecting managed to catch it anyway and then infected others.

Luckily, even with several comorbidities, they seem to be doing well. Oxygen levels are staying up, some allergy type symptoms and low grade fever. We are checking on them multiple times per day and they have had a home health visit.

Just like we are for Rev and family, we are relying on prayer and the good advice of Rev and the other doctors on this thread.

Best of luck to all who have it and God bless.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.