Getting bad in El Paso....

6,673 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by merc
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiebrad94 said:

Quote:

South Korea took a very different approach than Sweden (much more heavy handed), and ended up with a substantially lower death rate, despite being much more densely populated in areas, fewer cases and a lower case rate. Despite having 5 times the population, they had less than a tenth the number of deaths. I don't know why Sweden is the poster boy here.
I'm still convinced that Asian countries have built in immunities from years and years of respiratory outbreaks, etc.

I also think the physical condition of a typical S Korean isn't comparable with the typical El Paso Hispanic. I say that as a guy that grew up in the RGV. These populations are totally different.
nortex97
AG
dreyOO said:

aggiebrad94 said:

Quote:

South Korea took a very different approach than Sweden (much more heavy handed), and ended up with a substantially lower death rate, despite being much more densely populated in areas, fewer cases and a lower case rate. Despite having 5 times the population, they had less than a tenth the number of deaths. I don't know why Sweden is the poster boy here.
I'm still convinced that Asian countries have built in immunities from years and years of respiratory outbreaks, etc.

I also think the physical condition of a typical S Korean isn't comparable with the typical El Paso Hispanic. I say that as a guy that grew up in the RGV. These populations are totally different.
Yes, there is very little obesity in SoKo, but the same is true in Sweden. Sweden is not a 'poster boy' but most folks don't understand statistics. Sweden did very, very well, and has a different climate too, vs. most nations compared, plus they didn't see widespread mask mandates (nor certainly usage), nor a real reduction in gatherings/school closings.

[Political comments removed. - Staff]

TAMUallen
AG
nortex97 said:

dreyOO said:

aggiebrad94 said:

Quote:

Yes, there is very little obesity in SoKo, but the same is true in Sweden. Sweden is not a 'poster boy' but most folks don't understand statistics. Sweden did very, very well, and has a different climate too, vs. most nations compared, plus they didn't see widespread mask mandates (nor certainly usage), nor a real reduction in gatherings/school closings.

[Political comments removed. - Staff]

Is that real? Strip joints are essential?!
merc
AG
I don't see a lot of coverage but if I search there are quite a few European countries having protests/riots due to new lock downs. They seem small at the moment but I've always thought this would be a result if this stuff came back around a second time. The longer it drags on I wouldn't be surprised if they get worse. Something to keep an eye on moving forward at least.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.