I'm now on day 7

20,255 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DCAggie13y
Maroon Elephant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blood oxygen levels are at 97-98. Resting pulse around 86, jumps to 125 or so when I get up for anything.

Day 1: Monday started with debilitating exhaustion, relentless headache and fever. I slept 21 hours in a 24-hour period.
Day 2: Fever gone, headache gone, exhaustion remained
Day 3: same
Day 4: Mostly same
Day 5: Exhausted during the day, slept 13 hours and fever came back at night and it broke while I was sleeping. Sheets were soaked.
Day 6: Same as day 5 minus the fever.
Day 7: counting back to midnight, kind of same as day 5. Woke up at 3 am in soaked sheets again but I felt good.

So now today, Day 7, it just lingers. I can breathe easily through my nose as I have all week. If I take a huge deep breath it's a struggle but regular breathing is easy.

I am monitoring blood oxygen levels and pulse rate. Today I started on a steroid inhaler and after just two puffs this morning I could feel a difference. My sister is a nurse and she has recommended that I do as little physically, as possible.

I have been taking the following:
Multi vitamins with zinc
Vitamin D3
Vitamin C
Probiotics
Clear Lungs
Sudafed
Allegra
Methylprednisolone (steroid RX from doctor)

Drinking two pitchers of ice water a day along with three Gatorade's. I have hot coffee in the morning and hot tea at night.
74OA
AG
God bless. Age?
Maroon Elephant
AG
Thank you, I'm 45. We had an outbreak in our office. 12 out of 26 have it, all with symptoms.
VaultingChemist
AG
Days 9 through 12 were the worst for me. I didn't have a cough until day 11, and my fever stopped on day 12.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Interesting. Was your fever constant up to that point? Mine has been a come and go low grade fever, the cough started day one. It's bad in the morning then subsides during the day.
NASAg03
Maroon Elephant said:

Thank you, I'm 45. We had an outbreak in our office. 12 out of 26 have it, all with symptoms.

Wow that's a big spread. What kind of setting & protocols does your office have in place?
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Maroon Elephant
AG
Everyone must wear masks in public areas. However, we don't have any touchless controls in our restrooms or break room. The irony is that none of us need to be in the office to do our job. It's IT.

The director sent a message out on Sunday night notifying us that there was one case in the office and they are closing the office. But he hasn't sent any follow up informing us of the additional 11 cases. I just know because I've heard from everyone who has it so I know the actual count. I think people deserve to know we have an outbreak as opposed to a single case.
wessimo
AG
Looks like this thread got cleaned up. I wonder what name I was called...

Get well OP.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Thanks wessimo, I really hope to turn a corner tomorrow.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Get well soon. Sign up and encourage others in your office to donate plasma once recovered. It's needed and helps.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
TPS Reports
AG
Best wishes for a full and soon recovery.
bigtruckguy3500
Are your blood oxygen levels staying in the 97+ percent range when you're walking around and your heartrate goes up?
ZachNSouthKorea
Hang in there M.E. I just found out I tested positive from a test on Friday. I am quarantined at home with my family of 6. It's going to drive my kids crazy. They are doing well though and that is all I care about.
Capitol Ag
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Everyone must wear masks in public areas. However, we don't have any touchless controls in our restrooms or break room. The irony is that none of us need to be in the office to do our job. It's IT.

The director sent a message out on Sunday night notifying us that there was one case in the office and they are closing the office. But he hasn't sent any follow up informing us of the additional 11 cases. I just know because I've heard from everyone who has it so I know the actual count. I think people deserve to know we have an outbreak as opposed to a single case.
On the touchless controls, I am not too sure that would be a big spreader. Granted, I have always used the ole paper towel to dry hands and then turn off the sink and open the bathroom door with. Break rooms I have been to don't really have any touchless controls. I just wash my hands and avoid touching my face. Again, this has been a mitigation I have always used due to the immuno sups I am on.

I would have to think that either the type of masks used were the issue or not wearing masks correctly. Again, masks also will not stop the spread and it is possible to spread it if 100% have masks. But they may have at least limited the viral load on some in the office.

Get well ME. You will beat this thing.
Aust Ag
AG
I agree, I doubt it was the "touching" unless everyone has to go to the restroom at the same time, haha. Probably more of one on one contact with a spreader.
Charpie
AG
Get better. My husband is terrified of getting covid. Having you document what is going on with you is awesome and most of us appreciate it.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Pretty much stays right at 96
Maroon Elephant
AG
Day 8: So far O2 levels are at 96-97. No fever, dull headache that I attribute to sleeping so much. I don't feel great, look terrible, but seems like my vitals are good, so I'm just assuming this is what it feels like when covid runs it's course.
Tabasco
AG
Sounds like you might be over the hump
Maroon Elephant
AG
I think I'm at the stage where I just have to ride out the remaining symptoms till they subside. I am sleeping almost all day now, trying to knock this out.
cc_ag92
AG
Rest up! It sounds like you're on the mend.
Maroon Elephant
AG
I appreciate all the encouragement, this has been a scary time.
EKG1996
AG
Feel better
Texaggie7nine
Really sucks you had such tough symptoms.

I'm on about day 7 of when symptoms started. I did not even suspect it was CV19 till this past Thursday when I tested positive after finding out I was exposed the Friday before.

Monday was a bit fatigued.
Tuesday-wed scratchy throat.
Thursday-Sunday felt like a cold. Stuffy nose mainly. Never had any fever. Never really lost taste.
Today felt almost all better, lingering stuffy nose.
Didn't have to miss any work days as I work from home. I'm 41yrs.

Also, buddy who got it at the same time I did (at a bar) he's a bit older and he just had headaches and loss of taste and smell for about 2 days. Now he's got no symptoms.

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

7nine
JYDog90
AG
I guess that bar didn't serve food.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the most miserable time is always when I wake up. I dread it, it's just a brutal process. Pounding headache, in a disoriented red fog, weak. That's one thing that hasn't improved yet. And today I woke up with one ear completely stopped up, ear drum may be about to pop.
aginlakeway
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I'm on about day 7 of when symptoms started. I did not even suspect it was CV19 till this past Thursday when I tested positive after finding out I was exposed the Friday before.

Thursday-Sunday felt like a cold. Stuffy nose mainly. Never had any fever. Never really lost taste.

Also, buddy who got it at the same time I did (at a bar) he's a bit older and he just had headaches and loss of taste and smell for about 2 days. Now he's got no symptoms.

So you would probably have never even gotten tested otherwise, right? How long between exposure and minor symptoms then? Just 3 days?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
KlinkerAg11
AG
It's stories like this that do two things for me.

1 how many people have had this and never thought anything if it?
2 this sounds exactly like what I've been through, have I had it?
aginlakeway
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

It's stories like this that do two things for me.

1 how many people have had this and never thought anything if it?
2 this sounds exactly like what I've been through, have I had it?

I am going the same symptoms as Texaggie7nine but I just don't see the need to be tested.

Bottom line: Who knows.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
KlinkerAg11
AG
Yeah, I had the exact same timeline and same symptoms.

Only thing different for me with whatever I had compared to other colds is my congestion lasted a long time post symptoms.

Like weeks, I could blow my nose what felt like for weeks and a lot came out. Once the congestion let up I had that linger.
aginlakeway
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

Yeah, I had the exact same timeline and same symptoms.

Only thing different for me with whatever I had compared to other colds is my congestion lasted a long time post symptoms.

Like weeks, I could blow my nose what felt like for weeks and a lot came out. Once the congestion let up I had that linger.

Same with me.

But I see no need to get tested. I haven't been around anyone that I know was positive. And I work at home. And I am not around anyone older than 65.

I'm 55 and in decent shape. No other issues.
KlinkerAg11
AG
I never did either for the same reasons.

I'm 31 wife is 25, the people I'm around are in that age range.

Just worked through it and never thought anything of it, never even suspected covid.

Other than the timeline and hearing stories like this. It also turns out my wife a week prior to me being sick just had a sore throat and congestion, she never said anything because she didn't feel bad.

Than me and my friend got the same symptoms in the same timeframe. Then a week later my son runs a temp of 101 to 102 for a day and is better the next.

Makes me wonder now.
aginlakeway
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

I never did either for the same reasons.

I'm 31 wife is 25, the people I'm around are in that age range.

Just worked through it and never thought anything of it, never even suspected covid.

Other than the timeline and hearing stories like this. It also turns out my wife a week prior to me being sick just had a sore throat and congestion, she never said anything because she didn't feel bad.

Than me and my friend got the same symptoms in the same timeframe. Then a week later my son runs a temp of 101 to 102 for a day and is better the next.

Makes me wonder now.

Agree.

Bottom line: Who knows.

Texaggie7nine
aginlakeway said:

Texaggie7nine said:

So you would probably have never even gotten tested otherwise, right? How long between exposure and minor symptoms then? Just 3 days?
Correct. I would have just thought I had a cold because that is exactly what it felt like.

Exposure was Friday night. The fatigue on Monday I attributed to drinking on Sunday, which could still be the case. The first cold like symptoms were Tuesday so 4 days?
7nine
aginlakeway
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

aginlakeway said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Correct. I would have just thought I had a cold because that is exactly what it felt like.

Exposure was Friday night. The fatigue on Monday I attributed to drinking on Sunday, which could still be the case. The first cold like symptoms were Tuesday so 4 days?

I think for many, it stops with what you experienced. Sounds like no fever or coughing or breathing issues = nothing real serious. But who knows.

My best friend here in Austin was exposed 6 days ago. No symptoms at all yet. I keep telling him every day that goes by, the more in the clear he is ...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.