Excess Mortality

4,073 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mazag08
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rojo_ag said:

I'm not arguing one side or the other. I want truth and transparency. I have read several articles that estimate that 200K+ have died above the 5 year average.

If the majority of deaths are unrelated to Covid, why is this not being shouted from the rooftops? And don't say the evil MSM is keeping this quiet.
ZdoggMD, who is often linked on this forum and is very middle of the road has been pretty much shouting from the roof tops about the deaths caused by our reaction to how we handled Covid.

But I am with you. I want transparency as well. And all the media has been baffoons durning this, whether MSM or whoever. I just cannot watch the news anymore. Covid is real and people have died, but these guys are alarmists who want clicks and eyeballs, not to give us information
Aggies2009
AG
rojo_ag said:

I'm not arguing one side or the other. I want truth and transparency. I have read several articles that estimate that 200K+ have died above the 5 year average.

If the majority of deaths are unrelated to Covid, why is this not being shouted from the rooftops? And don't say the evil MSM is keeping this quiet.

The numbers don't lie. And "People aren't talking about it enough" isn't a valid refutation to the point.

We know how many excess deaths there are, we know how many deaths do to corona there are. They don't add up, and a lot of deaths were due to other causes.
nortex97
AG
Interesting thread comparing mortality/excess mortality in Sweden.

ETFan
Aggies2009 said:

rojo_ag said:

The numbers don't lie.

Can you post these numbers where the majority of excess deaths aren't because of COVID?

If you're going with the "with COVID not because of COVID" then don't waste my time.
DTP02
AG
rojo_ag said:

You come across in this thread as someone who is taking a side but pretending otherwise.

And there very much have been people shouting from the rooftops for months about the impact of mitigation measures being worse than the illness. It's really the crux of the issues most people have with the mitigation efforts, that they are shortsighted and counterproductive.

Isolation, constant fear, psychological depression, and economic depression all have cascading tangible impacts on mental and physical well-being. Add in the particular issues related to non-Covid medical care and of course it's going to relate in serious adverse health consequences, including deaths, both now and in the future.

How could it not? We have long-standing studies on the impact of things like unemployment rates on a whole host of physical and mental health issues. This isn't just some partisan theory, these things are all generally accepted truths prior to it becoming a political issue this year.
mazag08
AG
amercer said:

Here (as posted above) is the full study:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

There is something a little weird about the data though. For the 25-44 yrs group, deaths were running at 10% above normal BEFORE the pandemic hit. Other age groups were at or near the baseline. So there may be some trend in that group that was then exacerbated by #2020

Can we just blame millennials and call it a day?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.