Flu down 98% since April globally

6,290 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agsrback12
cc_ag92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since you appeared to support the assertion that "every sniffle and cough is reported as Covid," I missed the sarcasm in your reply.
BiochemAg97
AG
Since public policy is being driven by % positive (with a goal of 5%?) and positive cases, what if the Docs are trying to test as many negatives as possible.

This kid has strep and no COVID symptoms and is highly likely to be negative. Let's test her to up our negative test results numbers.

The flip side, is someone is paying the Doc Office for the COVID test, so running COVID tests on everyone increases billings.
amercer
AG
Yeah, where I am it all about positivity rate. If we'd test the whole county every day we'd be fully open in no time.
wtmartinaggie
AG
it doesnt really seem that way... has there been any real policy change due to the increase in cases we've seen in the past few weeks?

the issue has become a political issue. any policy change in regards to our approach to the virus is going to be decided when we elect/re-elect our president in a few weeks.
ORAggieFan
wtmartinaggie said:

it doesnt really seem that way... has there been any real policy change due to the increase in cases we've seen in the past few weeks?

the issue has become a political issue. any policy change in regards to our approach to the virus is going to be decided when we elect/re-elect our president in a few weeks.

I live in CA. All of our policy here is based on positive tests. It is awful. Presidential election won't change our state.
aTm2004
AG
cc_ag92 said:

Since you appeared to support the assertion that "every sniffle and cough is reported as Covid," I missed the sarcasm in your reply.
When did I say that? I specifically said his test came back negative. You're the one that asked if it was reported, and since it was clear as day I said it was negative, you got a sarcastic response.
CardiffGiant
AG
There are still people left in California? I thought they all packed up and moved to Frisco.
BiochemAg97
AG
CardiffGiant said:

There are still people left in California? I thought they all packed up and moved to Frisco.

Well, those that didn't move to Austin anyway.
cc_ag92
AG

Here you responded to a claim that every sniffle and cough is reported as Covid.

You even said "the flu..gets classified as Covid."
You did go on to say the Covid test was negative, but with your assertion that sniffles, coughs, and flus are reported and classified as Covid, I was asking for a clarification about your child's diagnosis being reported as Covid.

At some point, I got lost between your conspiracy theory and sarcasm. It's really not that big of a deal, though. At first I was interested in the conversation, but it's kind of run its course.
aTm2004
AG
So, it wasn't me that said it. Got it. Also, it's not false that the flu numbers are down. What are your thoughts on why that is? You know the answer, but can your bring yourself to say it and show what a farce this all is?

Why would you need clarification about if he was reported? Admitting it happens?
cc_ag92
AG
Clearly written communication isn't working for us. I have no desire to engage in an online argument, so I'm going to walk away. Have a great day.
PJYoung
AG
aTm2004 said:

So, it wasn't me that said it. Got it. Also, it's not false that the flu numbers are down. What are your thoughts on why that is? You know the answer, but can your bring yourself to say it and show what a farce this all is?

Why would you need clarification about if he was reported? Admitting it happens?

Wait, why do you believe the flu #s are down 98%?
aTm2004
AG
PJYoung said:

aTm2004 said:

Masks and social distancing, of course.
Agsrback12
PJYoung said:

aTm2004 said:

The COVIDs is getting credit for flu stats.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.