WHO publishes Dr. John P. Ioannidis estimating median IFR of 0.05% for age < 70

5,370 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keller6Ag91
jvanbeek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dermdoc said:

So in March when I predicted an IFR of .3-.6% I was spot on?
Truth doesn't appear to be that desired. People would prefer that you be more alarmist in your predictions. That is how we control people.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
dermdoc
AG
jvanbeek said:

dermdoc said:

So in March when I predicted an IFR of .3-.6% I was spot on?
Truth doesn't appear to be that desired. People would prefer that you be more alarmist in your predictions. That is how we control people.

I guess but I do not think that deep. I have just been doing this a long time and know how this stuff works.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mccjames
AG
OMG, Yankee WTF do you think you would do with a HS child if you were high risk? Use your head, you would make your house a clean room. When they came home, straight to shower, strip clothes bag and wash, clean clothes clean kid. Wear your masks at home and keep your 6 foot bubble. Why is that so hard?

Why should 99.6% of the population have to adjust for the .4%? Do you know sign language? Why not 2.2% of the population are deaf so by you standard we should all be able to sign. Do you speak spanish? Why not 15% of the USA only speaks Spanish get going.

Very large % of death was early when we did not know what the eff was going on or how to treat, we put infected olds back into nursing homes, we made mistakes based on ignorance of the disease.

We know a lot more now, if you are in the risk pool protect yourself. Everyone else get on with life!

I have no problem with the mask ordinances, however, It is time to open ALL business with no capacity limits
Easy come, Easy go
TxAg82
AG
Keegan99 said:

Quote:

Please provide a cite - to where doctors kill 250,000 people a year... I promise you there is not one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

"A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000."

Back when I was your age this would've been described as being "Pwned."
buffalo chip
S
AY1 just earned my IGNORE button...

He sure did check out when faced with the data that he promised does not exist!
JP_Losman
AG
Remind me of the math... so .05% is 5 in 10,000 correct?

Just making sure everyone is talking about the number with the % sign attached as well
JP_Losman
AG
Wait... is it .5% or .05%

??
DadHammer
AG
Aston94 said:

zebros_95 said:

Cliff notes by any chance?
If you are under 70 the chance of surviving Covid is 99.95%
Keller6Ag91
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

Aston94 said:

zebros_95 said:

Cliff notes by any chance?
If you are under 70 the chance of surviving Covid is 99.95%

Now do... what happens if you give it to your dad or mom (45-55) who has HTN or had diabetes for the past 10 years...

I'll wait...

Again this is not about those are that young and healthy - even though they have died from this as well... this is about the young and healthy being so selfish about their Outcomes they forget - they give it to those who cannot afford to get it.

To quote trump "this is a killer"

210,000 dead and counting.... how many dead bodies does it take for it to matter?
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimprimis.hillsdale.edu%2Fsensible-compassionate-anti-covid-strategy%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjbittick%40onestreamsoftware.com%7Caa4769c4bc6a4f0a109408d87f35f180%7Cf9796dfaf91c40958663e77a96f2d645%7C0%7C1%7C637399216960915344%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=DvAwJcblqhI8pPWuMY8hh2BThjoA%2FuD1j%2F1ZBjyJS5w%3D&reserved=0

The answer, which has been under our noses for months with all the data.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.