Any docs want to chime in on the cocktail that Trump is on

5,851 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KidDoc
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
haven't heard of it like I have HCQ or Remdisivir.
robdobyns
AG
Unfortunately this antibody does not calm or prevent the cytokine Storm nor restore normal immune system functions. I presume it does lower viral load.
The monoclonal antibody Leronlimab does all three and has zero side effects. It has completed a successful phase 2 study on mild/moderate Covid. The FDA is presently doing an interim analysis of the phase 3 study on severe/critical patients. POTUS should be given Leronlimab ASAP.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Vit D, Zinc, aspirin, melatonin. All have some evidence (except aspirin) of benefit but nothing earth shattering. I'd Rx him with steroids as well. Can't comment on the "antibody" treatment.
robdobyns
AG
https://www.targetedonc.com/view/leronlimab-shows-statistically-significant-improvement-in-efficacy-outcome-in-mild-to-moderate

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
robdobyns
AG
https://insiderfinancial.com/all-eyes-on-cytodyn-now-that-trump-has-covid-19/180495/
amercer
AG
It probably works.

That's my educated, minor inside info, guess.
robdobyns
AG
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/08/18/covid-19-survivor-coronavirus-experimental-drug-leronlimab/
cone
AG
Gottlieb has been pumping this treatment since March
Reveille
AG
robdobyns said:

Unfortunately this antibody does not calm or prevent the cytokine Storm nor restore normal immune system functions. I presume it does lower viral load.
The monoclonal antibody Leronlimab does all three and has zero side effects. It has completed a successful phase 2 study on mild/moderate Covid. The FDA is presently doing an interim analysis of the phase 3 study on severe/critical patients. POTUS should be given Leronlimab ASAP.
I agree I am surprised Leronlimab was not used instead of REGN-COV2. Knowing that Covid-19 is a probable RANTES disease and Leronlimab disrupts the RANTES pathway in addition to decreasing the viral load like REGN-COV2.

CytoDyn CEO quote "Our study shows that COVID-19 is very much a RANTES disease demonstrating 100 times normal levels of RANTES in these critically ill patients and 5 times normal levels of RANTES even in mild-moderate COVID-19 disease. When RANTES is blocked from binding to CCR5 expressed on immune cells, statistically significant increases of CD8 T-cells were seen as early as 7 days post-therapy. IL-6, which was less consistently elevated than RANTES in these patients was significantly decreased by Day 7. Most importantly, the restoration of immune homeostasis resulted in statistically significant decreases in plasma viral load, a quantitative measure using cell-free cancer technology and reported for the first time in this study. Taken together, we see a single drug, leronlimab, capable of restoring immune homeostasis, decreasing IL-6, and reducing viral load. The finding of COVID-19 in blood has critical implications for the blood supply should our continued studies reveal that the virus is infectious."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20084673v1
Reveille
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Vit D, Zinc, aspirin, melatonin. All have some evidence (except aspirin) of benefit but nothing earth shattering. I'd Rx him with steroids as well. Can't comment on the "antibody" treatment.
I agree with steroids and personally I would add Quercetin and NAC as well.
Kool
AG
Reveille said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Would you wait on steroids and only give once inflammatory markers start to go up, or symptoms worsen, so as not to Immunosupress early on?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I'd give from start. The dexamethasone data is supportive. Anectodally - I've not seen a "immunosuppressed" patient do poorly from covid since March. In fact - it may be protective. I.e. cytokine storm, tociluzimab, etc.
Aggie95
AG
Quote:

I've not seen a "immunosuppressed" patient do poorly from covid since March. In fact - it may be protective. I.e. cytokine storm, tociluzimab, etc.

That's really interesting. We have some "immunosuppressed" people in the family. It makes some sense as it's the run away immune system that is really deadly.
Reveille
AG
Kool said:

Reveille said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Would you wait on steroids and only give once inflammatory markers start to go up, or symptoms worsen, so as not to Immunosupress early on?

I am now giving everyone steroids at the time of diagnosis. Working very well, use either inhaled budesonide or oral prednisone for 5 days if they don't have a nebulizer.
jamey
AG
Did i hear right that Trumps Dr is a DO
annie88
AG
chickenfingers
AG
jamey said:

Did i hear right that Trumps Dr is a DO

Yes, why?
robdobyns
AG
Trump will be given Leronlimab in the next 2-3 days according to talk show host Dr Michael Savage. He's been in contact with Trump's people.

Reveille
AG
robdobyns said:

Trump will be given Leronlimab in the next 2-3 days according to talk show host Dr Michael Savage. He's been in contact with Trump's people.

That makes more sense! Thanks for sharing!
goodAg80
AG
Why have they started using dexamethasone so early? Shouldn't they wait until it's clear the immune system is overreacting?
bay fan
S
Maybe it is clear.
Kool
AG
Reveille said:

Kool said:

Reveille said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

I am now giving everyone steroids at the time of diagnosis. Working very well, use either inhaled budesonide or oral prednisone for 5 days if they don't have a nebulizer.
Are you using Methylprednisolone or straight prednisone, and in what dosages, based on the mythical "70 kg adult" that I, and possibly you, heard about in med school?
I'll be the first to admit that I use steroids like water without clear FDA indication for various head and neck infections, mostly because I don't want to risk upper airway inflammation. I just looked at the IDSA recs for steroids in COVID, current rec was for severe and critically ill, requiring supplemental O2, etc.
ISDA steroids and COVID-19
I've only had to directly treat a couple of patients with COVID so far, because their PCP had not much to offer, and I was glad to have this thread to guide what I was doing. It was a married couple who are both patients and friends. I ended putting him on steroids and called them in for her but she didn't use them (60X3,40X3,20X3,10X3). He was very close to getting admitted but stayed at home with close monitoring with a pulse-ox. This Forum and personal communications with Marcus Aurelius were invaluable in treating them.
I am pretty amazed that I haven't already gotten COVID, as have two of my partners, so I am getting my self-rx kit ready. I also just made my own 1:30 dilution of povidone iodine, and emptied it into nasal steroid bottles and plan to use it on clinic days.
Thanks for all the help.
Reveille
AG
Kool said:

Reveille said:

Kool said:

Reveille said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Are you using Methylprednisolone or straight prednisone, and in what dosages, based on the mythical "70 kg adult" that I, and possibly you, heard about in med school?
I'll be the first to admit that I use steroids like water without clear FDA indication for various head and neck infections, mostly because I don't want to risk upper airway inflammation. I just looked at the IDSA recs for steroids in COVID, current rec was for severe and critically ill, requiring supplemental O2, etc.
ISDA steroids and COVID-19
I've only had to directly treat a couple of patients with COVID so far, because their PCP had not much to offer, and I was glad to have this thread to guide what I was doing. It was a married couple who are both patients and friends. I ended putting him on steroids and called them in for her but she didn't use them (60X3,40X3,20X3,10X3). He was very close to getting admitted but stayed at home with close monitoring with a pulse-ox. This Forum and personal communications with Marcus Aurelius were invaluable in treating them.
I am pretty amazed that I haven't already gotten COVID, as have two of my partners, so I am getting my self-rx kit ready. I also just made my own 1:30 dilution of povidone iodine, and emptied it into nasal steroid bottles and plan to use it on clinic days.
Thanks for all the help.

I didn't use steroids at first but ever since the data with dexamethasone I have been using a lot of prednisone 20mg 3 po qd for 5days. Patients seem to do will and don't see as much post infection cough or shortness of breath as I did in the beginning. If the have a nebulizer I alternatively give inhaled budesonide 1mg bid it works well too.
KidDoc
AG
The doc on CBS this morning was so annoying. He was harping about how bad the side effects of dexamethasone are and how it should only be used in high risk. Give me a break, it is used every day long before COVID for viral conditions.

goodAg80
AG
KidDoc said:

The doc on CBS this morning was so annoying. He was harping about how bad the side effects of dexamethasone are and how it should only be used in high risk. Give me a break, it is used every day long before COVID for viral conditions.

No doubt people are exaggerating things, but are patients usually getting it right at the offset of an infection? It seems like you should wait a little bit so that the immune system response isn't suppressed too early.
Reveille
AG
KidDoc said:

LOL It is disgusting the guys the network is putting on the air to misinform the public. It is making our jobs harder as unfortunately people believe it because it was on TV or the internet. There is not a day go by that a primary care physician or even an emergency room physician does not use steroids either oral, inhaled or injections.. They know or at least should know that what they are saying is completely not true. Short term steroid use is completely safe with only a few exceptions like an out of controlled diabetic.
Kool
AG
KidDoc said:

[Reminder that the political comments belong over on the Politics
forum and not here. See WatchOle's thread stickied at the top. - Staff]
culdeus
AG
robdobyns said:

These tweets have been taken down??, the CYDY people aren't verifying this information. CYDY is a pump/dump stock and Savage could easily be an investor and was advised by lawyer to remove.
robdobyns
AG
CyDy is not a pump and dump. It's a 1.7 billion dollar company. It's half way through a phase 3 trial for severe/critical Covid patients. It showed life saving efficacy in 75 emergency IND patients in Match.
It will be FDA approved for HIV combo and mono therapy.
It's OTC yes. But it's legit. Lots of shorts are sweating it out
KidDoc
AG
Zdogg digs into the details:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.