Looking for COVID19 survivor willing to donate plasma

6,473 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
ham98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
how often can you donate plasma?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Normal allogeneic plasma you can donate every 28 days.
GE
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Normal allogeneic plasma you can donate every 28 days.
So that's basically one to two donations in that 4-6 week period for it to be most effective. I hope hospitals and doctors are providing guidance to recovered patients on this
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
They are. It has a strict guideline and protocols. I'll post more later
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Bumping with new information.

Just an FYI. We have updated a page to help recovered patients sign up to be donors.

https://www.carterbloodcare.org/like-become-covid-19-convalescent-plasma-donor/

Anyone that is eligible in north/central or East Texas. Please sign up, we the process only takes about 1 hr and we can collect up to 4 units of plasma from each donor. Each 1 of those units can go to a different patient.
Tabasco
AG
quick question for soul slave. I asked this on the medical thread a while back but never got an answer. Let's say I got Covid19 and recovered (I did not get it). If I donated plasma to harvest antibodies, would it lower my own immunity after the donation?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Quick disclaimer: I am not a Md or infectious disease expert.

But from my conversations with the docs working on this program, I don't believe so. They believe the 14-28 day window post recovery is when the body has the highest pool/concentration of antibodies in it.

From there, the amount decreases naturally as the body is no longer fighting an active or recently recovered from fighting the infection.

But none of them hve expressed any concern that donating the plasma would expose the donor to a reinfection risk.

We have a daily conference call today, I'll put the question out there to our MD's and let you know what they say.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.