Any validity to the 93% o2 saturation and 90.5f self test?

3,349 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NeverUse
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've seen some mention of watching you oxygen saturation levels and your temp as a diy test. The line for presumptive positive is 93% and
99.5f.

Any truth to this? If so, are the saturation levels based on when you are rested or if you go down below that. For example, if you went for a walk and fell to 90-92 but then it went back to 99-100 after 5 mins, would that be a concern?
Proposition Joe
I would think if you go back up to 99% then you'd be fine.
Rachel 98
AG
I think your temp # is a typo. What temp did you mean?
Duncan Idaho
Oh snap. 99.5

Can staff correct that.?
Texaggie7nine
Is my samsung phone a reliable way to measure this?
7nine
Duncan Idaho
Texaggie7nine said:

What I have been using. I ordered one from Amazon a couple of weeks ago but it hasn't come in.

Staff can you change the title to 99.5f?
insulator_king
AG
99.5 F.
There, added the degree symbol for you.
Rapier108
Duncan Idaho said:

Texaggie7nine said:

What I have been using. I ordered one from Amazon a couple of weeks ago but it hasn't come in.

Staff can you change the title to 99.5f?
There aren't many on Amazon, but here is one that still shows a few to be in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P1VYJ19/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AGGOYYA0IV6WS&th=1
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
deddog
AG
I picked one up at Walgreens.
They might have them online as well
nawlinsag
AG
The Nonin Onyx Vantage is the pulse ox issued to respiratory therapists. Expensive- $189

O2Health DB 11- $55 and DB 12- $69 are a cheeper option that publish pretty good accuracy.

Ordered the first one (i am ambulating patients in the ED with it) from turnermedical.com and it got to me in two days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Harrison Wells
AG
nawlinsag said:

The Nonin Onyx Vantage is the pulse ox issued to respiratory therapists. Expensive- $189

O2Health DB 11- $55 and DB 12- $69 are a cheeper option that publish pretty good accuracy.

Ordered the first one (i am ambulating patients in the ED with it) from turnermedical.com and it got to me in two days.

My wife and I just looked at turnermedical.com. The DB 11 and DB 12 are both sold out. Damn it.
TAMUallen
AG
Harrison Wells said:

nawlinsag said:

My wife and I just looked at turnermedical.com. The DB 11 and DB 12 are both sold out. Damn it.

Looks like there's one on Amazon fyi
Harrison Wells
AG
TAMUallen said:

Harrison Wells said:

nawlinsag said:

Looks like there's one on Amazon fyi

The DB 11 or DB 12 without delayed shipping?
TAMUallen
AG
Db11 sold by turner. 2 left. Not 100% on shipping times as it's not a prime item
Federale01
AG
So people are just checking their oxygen saturation levels now like they are checking their temps? Not trying to slam anyone, but why be worried about this if you aren't symptomatic?
Harrison Wells
AG
Federale01 said:

So people are just checking their oxygen saturation levels now like they are checking their temps? Not trying to slam anyone, but why be worried about this if you aren't symptomatic?

Maybe some of us are symptomatic. Maybe we have other reasons.
Ag00Ag
AG
Bad allergies, flu, or basically any (other) respiratory disease can cause your pulse Ox to drop a bit, so I wouldn't think it diagnostic for COVID.

I had a pulse Ox of 90 at a TexasMed clinic a couple years ago during Cedar season the corrected after some albuterol.
TRADUCTOR
Take 12 slow deep breaths filling bottom lungs first, inhale 5 count exhale 5 count. Take test, repeat until uninspired to self diagnosis.
Federale01
AG
Of course my comments aren't directed to people with a legit need for them. It would just suck if doctors are trying to get these but can't because people are trying to self diagnose out of paranoia. Having one or two symptoms with no additional health issues isn't really going to change anything.
Harrison Wells
AG
Federale01 said:

Of course my comments aren't directed to people with a legit need for them. It would just suck if doctors are trying to get these but can't because people are trying to self diagnose out of paranoia. Having one or two symptoms with no additional health issues isn't really going to change anything.

While I certainly don't intend to further burden the healthcare system, I don't think general prudence is paranoia. I have my reasons; I'm not a hypochondriac. Your point is well taken.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.