Virus good news thread only

88,782 Views | 437 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RandyAg98
wreckncrew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag12thman said:

There has to be more good news out there over the past 3 days.

Good news has been around for over 2,000 years.
gougler08
AG
I think overall the news has been good in Texas for a week or two now with the re openings
Ag12thman
AG
Good point.
Keegan99
AG
https://rt.live/

Only two states now with an estimated R0 above 1.0.

Of note, Georgia opened about two weeks ago and their estimated R0 is seemingly stable around 0.8.
TCTTS
AG
Keegan99
AG
FWIW, Texas has about 3x the population of Georgia but fewer than 1.5x the hospitalizations.
TCTTS
Diyala Nick
AG
In a shocking turn of events it appears that a respiratory disease is on the decline during the summer months.

The scientific community needs to spend some serious time working on host response to sunlight and the effect on respiratory illness. Especially given that this thing overwhelming has a negative impact on people that are literally always indoors (nursing homes) and those with dark skin (much more sun exposure needed to sufficiently produce vitamin d). I'm sorry, it just seems very unlikely to be a coincidence.
Keegan99
AG
Italy with fewer than 1000 new cases for first time since March 6th.
PJYoung
AG
Sq 17
The Plasma thread from people with first hand knowledge at Houston Methidist i is full of good news
oragator
https://ufhealth.org/news/2020/he-survived-heart-transplant-kidney-transplant-and-along-his-family-covid-19

A heart and kidney transplant in February, then Covid, a ventilator and he still made it through.
TCTTS
AG
If true, this sounds incredible...

https://www.fastcompany.com/90506158/this-biotech-company-says-its-coronavirus-antibody-treatment-blocked-100-of-infections-in-lab-tests
Complete Idiot
Resurrecting an older thread. Hope to get more good news.

Yesterday was the lowest US death total, per Worldometer, since March 23. Yes, it was a holiday, but the total was fewer than on Memorial day or Easter.

7 day moving average for US deaths continues downward trend.

US total new cases clearly on the rise, and 7 day moving average for new cases started trending up recently - around June 22nd - but so far not reflected in deaths.

I know deaths lag a bit and with the confirmed case uptick we need to keep an eye on things, but good news with the lowered death totals lately.

Testing is important and hope we keep adding more tests, NY state tests now more than ever but it clearly shows a big decrease in % positives and total new cases. Test, isolate those ill, everyone else operate with common sense.
Keegan99
AG

From the CDC.

The red lines are all-cause deaths by age group.

The grey lines are the same figures, but for the years 2015-2019.

The red lines will come up a little bit as the CDC gets more data, but in the United States, the days of COVID causing death at a rate above recent historical norms look to be over.
Complete Idiot
My wife works with elder care facilities, from independent living through nursing homes. One facility she had worked with is a home with 12 elderly residents, deemed assisted living. 9 tested positive - nearly all over age 80 including a 104 year old. All were put on Dexamethasone and antibiotics and all have recovered with no one hospitalized at any point. Small sample size and/or "just lucky" but it makes me have some belief early detection and treatments have improved and that is why deaths are lower than they had been.
Keegan99
AG
Outstanding.
PJYoung
AG
RandyAg98
AG
They already killed all their vulnerable population.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.