Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,271,135 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tamc91
Maverick06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is a symptom. I read it here in one of the COVID threads but there's too damn many to find it again. I distinctly remember this bc I discussed it with a friend of mine who is an ophthalmologist.
88planoAg
AG
Yes, pink eye is a symptom, as is eye pain.

Most common symptom I believe is lack of taste/smell.
Alta
AG
That's when I had it - February 17th is when it started. Only time I ever had pink eye in my life as well.
MiMi
S
While uncommon, viral conjunctivitis has been reported in COVID 19 patients. Some patients have tested positive for virus particles in the tears or conjuctival swab.

https://www.aao.org/headline/alert-important-coronavirus-context

GaryClare
AG
Wheatables02
AG
Bobcat06 said:

I'm asking because myself and two other family members had a bad infection in February with pink eye.

However, I've never seen pink eye listed as a symptom of COVID
Both my kids had a fever for 24-48 hours with a slight cough in Jan/Feb and negative for flu. Both had one pink eye for around 24 hours after the fever subsided.
AgsMyDude
AG
Primary care offered the antibody test as part of annual blood work, should be interesting to get the results.
Alta
AG
Question for the Doc - if you already have had Covid then would wearing a mask be almost pointless?
momlaw
AG
Baller noted his eyes hurt at onset. I've had a few friends who noted same. Painful eyes, loss of taste and smell then the tight chest.
momlaw
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Alta said:

Question for the Doc - if you already have had Covid then would wearing a mask be almost pointless?

Not a doc, but even if you've had it, couldn't you subsequently be a carrier, thereby wearing a mask world help prevent additional spread to someone who has not had the virus yet?
Aggie95
AG
not a doc either, but I think this has been discussed and the answer is no, you wouldn't be a carrier.
BiochemAg97
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

Alta said:

Not a doc, but even if you've had it, couldn't you subsequently be a carrier, thereby wearing a mask world help prevent additional spread to someone who has not had the virus yet?
Once you have recovered (2 negative tests for the virus), then you aren't a carrier. And since there appears to be immunity for at least some period of months, you won't get it again so you can't spread it.
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2688391084777165&id=1998386763777604&__tn__=K-R
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JYDog90
AG
Have a friend that just got diagnosed. He said that Sunday-Tuesday were pretty rough but feels like he's on the back side of it.

He talked to a CDC doctor that prescribed a steroid, Celebrex, and Ivermectin. That sound right?

Someone came out yesterday and gave his whole family an IV:
Fluids
Vitamin C
Tiraspol
Glutathione
Zinc
Magnesium
B12 Mentholated
B Complex
Formerly Willy Wonka
Reveille
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Have a friend that just got diagnosed. He said that Sunday-Tuesday were pretty rough but feels like he's on the back side of it.

He talked to a CDC doctor that prescribed a steroid, Celebrex, and Ivermectin. That sound right?

Fluids
Vitamin C
Tiraspol
Glutathione
Zinc
Magnesium
B12 Mentholated
B Complex

Yes Ivermectin is showing lots of promise! Those supplements are all pretty healthy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Fluids
Vitamin C
Tiraspol
Glutathione
Zinc
Magnesium
B12 Mentholated
B Complex

How does one contact a "CDC doctor" and who is sending people out to give IVs to people and family members? Never heard of anything like this.
SkiMo
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Willy Wonka said:

Fluids
Vitamin C
Tiraspol
Glutathione
Zinc
Magnesium
B12 Mentholated
B Complex

How does one contact a "CDC doctor" and who is sending people out to give IVs to people and family members? Never heard of anything like this.
There are companies that will come to your house and give you IVs of different types of supplements. Lots of people use it for hangovers but they have different formulas for different situations.

This is one for example:

IV Therapy
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Good Lord..... that's some expensive stuff. Never would have even considered paying $175 for a hangover relief IV treatment.
Tx-Ag2010
AG

Good Lord..... that's some expensive stuff. Never would have even considered paying $175 for a hangover relief IV treatment.
If it actually worked I could probably think of a time or two I might have told them to just take my money...
SkiMo
AG

I've personally never tried it...but at times have been tempted. I don't really have bad hangovers that a little nap and greasy food can't semi fix until the next day.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
True. Fortunately for me, I've never been too hardcore of a drinker.... and even in those days wasn't too prone to hangovers. But I'm old and boring now, so no worries.
88planoAg
AG
Last time I was in Vegas one of those IV places had a storefront place for walk-ins.
plain_o_llama
And who or what is a "CDC Doctor" in this story?
PPlayboy87
AG
88planoAg said:

Last time I was in Vegas one of those IV places had a storefront place for walk-ins.
There's at least one store front in Dallas at the Shops at Park Lane, too.
Wheatables02
AG

They had one in Athens, GA that may or may not have been used by someone in our travelling group.

When that person goes from "there is no way I can make it to the game without throwing up every 5 minutes" to "I think I'm ready to drink again" 1 hour after the IV, it's worth every penny to not miss the road game you came there for.

And for the record, it only cost $85 in Athens, GA with a groupon.
lunchbox
I was reading what could happen to you if your overdo it on Zinc...

Some of the signs are nausea, diarrhea, flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, cough, headache, fatigue) and changes in your taste.

I wonder how many people have been slamming zinc and then think they have COVID based on the list above...so they take MORE zinc...
JYDog90
AG
plain_o_llama said:

And who or what is a "CDC Doctor" in this story?

He got sick while at a remote lake house in Louisiana and his doctor was concerned that he was still there. He went to a clinic in Louisiana. He did a video call over a few days with family doctor. The doctor called the clinic and the clinic said that he had the worst symptoms they had seen. He finally convinced them to come home.

Dr was concerned what kind of shape my friend would be in when he finally got home so He got with the CDC to discuss his treatment to keep him out of the hospital and then the treatment for when he got home.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Cepe
AG
SkiMo said:

I've personally never tried it...but at times have been tempted. I don't really have bad hangovers that a little nap and greasy food can't semi fix until the next day.
Cow Hop and a nap - fix you right up
maroonbeansnrice
AG
CDC doctors can be great . Just like all federal agencies the working level docs out in the field are a godsend. Conversely, sadly the ones at the top often become bureaucrats/political. Anyhoo, had a case of gardia in the FSU that would just not go away. Visiting CDC doc said give me 2000 rubles for some "Russian" medicine. OK. He came back with 2 horse pills, said take these tonight and plan on not coming to work tomorrow. SOB if I wasn't knocked in the dirt for a day, but the gardia was gone.

Knew some tier one SF guys that would regularly party all night long, give themselves an IV back at base, and they'd be fine the next day.

Bottom line there are miracle cures out there for some maladies.
“It ain’t like it used to be.”
-Jimbo Fisher
AgsMyDude
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Primary care offered the antibody test as part of annual blood work, should be interesting to get the results.

Negative, dang. Lost over 10 pounds in a week early April. Lack of appetite, little bit of trouble getting deep breath, etc. Guess I'll chalk it up to stress
Reveille
AG
Today's Update!

[url=https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Louis-P-Coates-1998386763777604/]https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2689318098017797&id=1998386763777604&__tn__=K-R[/url]
Gary79Ag
AG
Reveille said:

Today's Update!

https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Louis-P-Coates-1998386763777604/

Here's the direct link for today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2689318098017797&id=1998386763777604&__tn__=K-R
lfis492a
Might want to check nattokinase and Anamu to see their effects on ACE. As blood thinners they are good natural alternatives.
tamc91
AG
Doc Rev - there were 2 recent studies about HCQ widely reported on that did not show a benefit. This seems to disagree with information you and others have shared about positive outcomes when HCQ is used in combination with antibiotics and/ or other drugs. Is it just the " news" source cherry picking results of a few studies where HCQ was used alone as way to disprove Trump's early claims for political effect?

If so, are doctors avoiding the politics and sharing successes in their professional networks?
Reveille
AG
I am not sure which two studies you are referring to but the one in the NEJM they were given the medication on admission and once again the HCQ group is sicker than the placebo group. We need one in the outpatient setting similar to the Brazil study.

https://static.poder360.com.br/2020/04/2020.04.15-journal-manuscript-final.pdf

This study showed positive results and was used closer to diagnosis. I think we in the medical community believe it works but only in the early phases of this disease. Once you are sick enough to need admission this is not likely to show a benefit. Waiting on studies for prophylaxis and outpatient usage. Most of the data we keep seeing is on very sick inpatient use.

I am still using it as I have had good results. I have had about a dozen patients use it and none so far have been hospitalized.

But I with the FDA statement it definitely makes it more difficult from the liability standpoint. So not as many using it as before, I drew up a consent to use. I have spoken with many other family doctors who have had good results also.

First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.