Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,271,063 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tamc91
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
barnyard1996 said:

90% diet.
Not the words a former left tackle wants to hear
Barnyard96
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

barnyard1996 said:

90% diet.
Tell me about it. This quarantine has strengthened my Blue Bell game bigtime.
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1074406732/posts/10218710041916894/?sfnsn=mo

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madagascar
AG
Thanks for the lay person language doctor!

So what are names of drugs to take that point us down the freeway? Do Remdesivir or Hydrochloroquine help with that?
Reveille
AG
Sort of those two drugs potentially slow viral replication. Thus keeping everything in balance and you never get any free radicals and you can stay on the freeway
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Irwin M. Fletcher
AG
So would fish oil help with these free radicals?
culdeus
AG
Yo, doc you didn't mention that this quercitin stuff would cause paint peeling farts.
AggieAuditor
AG
culdeus said:

Yo, doc you didn't mention that this quercitin stuff would cause paint peeling farts.
Ogre09
AG
culdeus said:

theNetSmith
AG
barnyard1996 said:

barnyard1996 said:

90% diet.
Tell me about it. This quarantine has strengthened my Blue Bell game bigtime.
I would bet that liquor/beer distributors/sellers are probably in the top 3 "industries" benefiting from the 'rona. Not saying I'm heavily contributing to that or anything. Pure speculation.
Ogre09
AG
I saw somewhere Texas alcohol purchases are up 280%.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Ogre09 said:

I resemble that comment.
Reveille
AG
Ogre09 said:

Actually one of my patients is a liquor distributor in Dallas and he said the same thing. He said he will be getting the biggest bonus check he has ever gotten!
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2684135451869395/?sfnsn=mo
Azariah
AG
Thank you Dr. Coates. I was wondering if you could comment on the efficacy of Redesivir vs. HCQ. While the study the FDA based approval on does show some improvement, is it really that much? I know the study that 'disproved' HCQ was pretty weak, so I'm curious to get your opinion on the championed minor improvement that costs a thousand dollars a treatment versus the poo-pooed one that is extremely cheap.
Drip99
AG

Apparently everyone has the same idea that I do right now. Trying to find kettle bells for backyard workouts has proven impossible. One can only throw around so many feed bags and shovel so many loads of dirt into a garden.

Try looking for bands. I have the go fit bar set from academy with 30,50 and 80lb bands and a set of handles. I can do quite a bit with that.
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2684932758456331&id=1998386763777604&__tn__=K-R
AgLA06
AG
Doc,

I say this in the most appreciative way possible, but it feals like the amount of supplements is starting to be a bit much. I'm struggling to get the older generations in the family to still distance even though they are the ones actually at risk. They'll never take this many supplements.

Is there maybe a priority here? Like zinc and the 2 inhibitors and a multivitamin?
Reveille
AG
Zinc any dose, multivitamin should be sufficient
Quercetin 250 to 1g twice per day
CoQ 10 100 to 300 per day
Vitamin D if deficient. If level above 40 no need
hillcountryag86
AG
Cannot say it enough how much I appreciate Dr. Coates.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

Doc,

I say this in the most appreciative way possible, but it feals like the amount of supplements is starting to be a bit much. I'm struggling to get the older generations in the family to still distance even though they are the ones actually at risk. They'll never take this many supplements.

Is there maybe a priority here? Like zinc and the 2 inhibitors and a multivitamin?
I am a senior and I understand. I am trying to take all of these because I want to stay healthy if at all possible, but it is a constant chore. I take some with my morning coffee, zinc and a few others with breakfast. It is that second time a day round I will neglect. I will get busy and it will be the next morning and that second round is still sitting there. But I figured even taking the things once a day is better than never and the twice a day ones I take twice a day about 75 percent of the time.
CowtownAg06
AG
Hey Doc,
Would you recommend the CoQ 10 even to young/healthy people?
Reveille
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

AgLA06 said:

Doc,

I am a senior and I understand. I am trying to take all of these because I want to stay healthy if at all possible, but it is a constant chore. I take some with my morning coffee, zinc and a few others with breakfast. It is that second time a day round I will neglect. I will get busy and it will be the next morning and that second round is still sitting there. But I figured even taking the things once a day is better than never and the twice a day ones I take twice a day about 75 percent of the time.

Yes just having some in your system should prove to be beneficial!
Reveille
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Hey Doc,
Would you recommend the CoQ 10 even to young/healthy people?

CoQ10 should help anyone. It is an important part of productive of ATP the currency if our cells. Never a bad idea to make more money! Lol
Jackal99
AG
Doc, is CoQ10 all the same? Would the Target or HEB brand work as well as others? Those seem to be more available for now, but wanted to make sure they are just as good (or at least, will still provide some benefit) as other brands. I see Ubiqiunol also, but don't know the difference.
FrecklesDad
AG
Go to ConsumerLab.com and they give an unbiased, scientific review and test of all vitamins and such. Great source of info and I think the return on investment is worth way more than they ask.
Reveille
AG
Jackal99 said:

Doc, is CoQ10 all the same? Would the Target or HEB brand work as well as others? Those seem to be more available for now, but wanted to make sure they are just as good (or at least, will still provide some benefit) as other brands. I see Ubiqiunol also, but don't know the difference.

Yes realistically any site be fine. Sone may be a little better than others but if it's coming Target it should be fine.

Ubiqunol is the reduced form of CoQ10 so it's a little better absorbed and now potent.
Jackal99
AG
Many thanks. Appreciate all your updates and you taking the time to answer questions.
oklacityag75
AG
Dr. Rev, God Bless you ! You doing a phenomenal job!

May our Lord fill you with His wisdom and knowledge and direct you. May His knowledge bring you the definitive cure and treatment for the chinese virus and all variants May our Lord give you clear vision and thought. May He surround you with a hedge of protection and cover you in the Blood of Jesus and apply the Blood of the Lamb to all door posts so the angel of death must Passover. In the Mighty Name of Jesus AMEN

Thank you Dr Rev
OldArmy71
AG
I sent you a PM when you get a moment. Thanks!
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2685808748368732&id=1998386763777604&__tn__=K-R
maroonbeansnrice
AG
Doc ,

As always sage advice. When enough information becomes available, can you speak to just how contagious Covid is? Is it any more contagious than the regular flu? I think this aspect of the disease was made into a huge boogeyman that gives people additional concerns that prevent our getting back to some form of normal. I understand the lack of existing immunity is what likely shaped this factor, and hopefully the test numbers will eventually provide the statistics that can be pointed to to guide a more balanced response nationwide. Thanks
“It ain’t like it used to be.”
-Jimbo Fisher
CowtownAg06
AG
very informative and practical update
BiochemAg97
AG
maroonbeansnrice said:

Doc ,

As always sage advice. When enough information becomes available, can you speak to just how contagious Covid is? Is it any more contagious than the regular flu? I think this aspect of the disease was made into a huge boogeyman that gives people additional concerns that prevent our getting back to some form of normal. I understand the lack of existing immunity is what likely shaped this factor, and hopefully the test numbers will eventually provide the statistics that can be pointed to to guide a more balanced response nationwide. Thanks
Probably not more contagious. The difference between this and the flu is nobody is immune to this. We talk about herd immunity a lot. Consider, each year about 50% of the population get the flu vaccine. Not 100% effective, but that is a significant step towards herd immunity. Plus, other people have been exposed to various flus throughout their lifetime and potentially have some residual immunity that may carry over to this years strains. Nobody has been exposed to this virus, although it is possible if you were exposed to SARS you would have some immunity. Only, almost no one in the US was exposed to SARS either.

So, even if it isn't more contagious, more people are susceptible and therefor it will spread faster and infect more people.
Reveille
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

maroonbeansnrice said:

Doc ,

Probably not more contagious. The difference between this and the flu is nobody is immune to this. We talk about herd immunity a lot. Consider, each year about 50% of the population get the flu vaccine. Not 100% effective, but that is a significant step towards herd immunity. Plus, other people have been exposed to various flus throughout their lifetime and potentially have some residual immunity that may carry over to this years strains. Nobody has been exposed to this virus, although it is possible if you were exposed to SARS you would have some immunity. Only, almost no one in the US was exposed to SARS either.

So, even if it isn't more contagious, more people are susceptible and therefor it will spread faster and infect more people.
Great explanation as usual! I always appreciate your input and help.

Thanks again!
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.