Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,270,543 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tamc91
maroonbeansnrice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reveille said:

Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2675162356100038/?sfnsn=mo

Thanks doc as always. Interesting about the Stanford study. Relatedly, regarding possibly bad data, what's up with NY adding about 4000 plus "assumed" Covid-19 deaths to their numbers of people that weren't ever tested? Obviously there are many people out there (alive or dead) that weren't tested that have/had it, but if true, this seems (at least to my eyes) an arbitrary effort to inflate the death toll total.
“It ain’t like it used to be.”
-Jimbo Fisher
buffalo chip
S
Reveille said:

Today's update!

Thanks for doing what you are doing!

My initial thought about the Stanford Santa Clara County research paper was, it's Stanford, it must be reliable. Wrong! It will be interesting to see how this part of the research matures.

With regard to the Wuhan lab role in "manufacturing" the virus, your opinion and that of the Oklahoma doctor you cited are compelling. When you combine your conclusion with the actions of the Chicomms once the virus was out in the public, it starts to sound like a biological war. China's initial moves, prior to admitting to the existence of a virus infecting its public, were to shut down travel within China but not international travel from Wuhan to the world. Seems like an intentional act of war.
Reveille
AG
maroonbeansnrice said:

Reveille said:

Today's update!

Thanks doc as always. Interesting about the Stanford study. Relatedly, regarding possibly bad data, what's up with NY adding about 4000 plus "assumed" Covid-19 deaths to their numbers of people that weren't ever tested? Obviously there are many people out there (alive or dead) that weren't tested that have/had it, but if true, this seems (at least to my eyes) an arbitrary effort to inflate the death toll total.

I don't know personally what happened there. But was very odd to say the least.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reveille
AG
buffalo chip said:

Reveille said:

Today's update!

Thanks for doing what you are doing!

My initial thought about the Stanford Santa Clara County research paper was, it's Stanford, it must be reliable. Wrong! It will be interesting to see how this part of the research matures.

With regard to the Wuhan lab role in "manufacturing" the virus, your opinion and that of the Oklahoma doctor you cited are compelling. When you combine your conclusion with the actions of the Chicomms once the virus was out in the public, it starts to sound like a biological war. China's initial moves, prior to admitting to the existence of a virus infecting its public, were to shut down travel within China but not international travel from Wuhan to the world. Seems like an intentional act of war.

On the Stanford study I thought the same thing. Then when I read it it was very disappointing!

In the Wuhan virus while it looks like it came from a lab there is no evidence at this point. However I think we will be hearing a lot more about this.

I am not willing to say they were trying to create a weapon or anything like that. I just suspect it was more likely a leak from a lab then a naturally occurring virus. I will let the investigation tell us what happened.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DadHammer
AG
I wouldn't doubt it.
jwj
Tttt
jwj
Jetpilot86
AG
I travel to China a lot in my "supporting the essentials" role as a cargo pilot. My experience at "street" level would indicate that this is far more likely a monumental screw up in the lab gone really bad followed by a massive cover up to try to control the narrative their screw up created, verses a deliberate attempt to deploy a bio weapon.

What is different, is that the CCP would think nothing of sacrificing a few million people to advance their causes, even their people, counting on their ability to control the narrative to cover it up. The problem they are having is the cover up is not going well, which makes them look more like the outbreak was intentional.

The aftermath of this on how we interact in the world will be interesting to watch....
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2676080496008224/?sfnsn=mo
Gary79Ag
AG
I have a question for the doctors pertaining to taking Lisinopril, my blood pressure mediation. I recently was diagnosed with hypertension by my PCP on March 18th and was prescribed to start taking Lisinopril on March 24th. Later that week, I read a concern about taking Lisinopril on this website as it related to the concerns of it's negative interactions with covid-19 so I quit taking it on the 27th.

When I saw a cardiologist for the first time on April 3rd about my hypertension, I noted my concern about Lisinoprol so he prescribed Amlodipine in place of Lisinopril due to my concern and I felt better making the switch.

Well, today I saw a video on another thread on this board that I will link below and would like to get feedback as now it appears the Lisinopril is the better option. I have both prescriptions available, so should I switch back to the Lisinopril?

Link:

Video on how CV kills Some but not others

Video:

Quote:

So at 20:18 he seems to say people on Lisinopril (ACE2 inibitor) could potentially be at less risk of a serious infection, but this seems to contradict the initial reports (from China before it was widespread here) that this could make you more at risk of a serious infection.

Would greatly appreciate responses regarding this matter as I have a telehealth appt with my cardiologist on this Friday and would like to discuss this with him,

Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate all of the doctors inputs on this thread as well as all of your hard work doing what you all do as I have 2 daughters working in the medical fields in two hospitals and know what they are going through and concerned for them as well as each of you all. May God continue to Bless and take care of each of you doing what He put you on this earth to do!!!
maroonbeansnrice
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

I travel to China a lot in my "supporting the essentials" role as a cargo pilot. My experience at "street" level would indicate that this is far more likely a monumental screw up in the lab gone really bad followed by a massive cover up to try to control the narrative their screw up created, verses a deliberate attempt to deploy a bio weapon.

What is different, is that the CCP would think nothing of sacrificing a few million people to advance their causes, even their people, counting on their ability to control the narrative to cover it up. The problem they are having is the cover up is not going well, which makes them look more like the outbreak was intentional.

The aftermath of this on how we interact in the world will be interesting to watch....
Agree, this is the most likely scenario. Safe travels.
-Jimbo Fisher
reload85
    Speculation that childhood resistance to SARS-2 is due to enhanced or primed innate immune response due to maximum vaccines exposure. This sounds plausible. Thoughts? Thanks.
https://twiv.s3.amazonaws.com/ChumakovMP+engl1992. https://twiv.s3.amazonaws.com/non-specific+vaccines+against+coronavirus.pdf

Rock1982
AG
https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-604/
BiochemAg97
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

Given bioweapons are against the rules, you would think the Chinese would be wise enough to not develop bioweapons in a lab everyone knows about and the US has sufficient access to warn they were doing a bad job at safety. If you are going to develop chemical or biological weapons in violation of multiple international treaties, you do it in a secret military lab hidden away from prying eyes.

The accidental release of a virus collected or modified for research purposes makes a lot more sense. That the CCP covered it up is par for the course. That the coverup made things worse is predictable. That the WHO is making statements about no evidence it came from the lab is disappointing.

Reveille
AG
Gary79Ag said:

I have a question for the doctors pertaining to taking Lisinopril, my blood pressure mediation. I recently was diagnosed with hypertension by my PCP on March 18th and was prescribed to start taking Lisinopril on March 24th. Later that week, I read a concern about taking Lisinopril on this website as it related to the concerns of it's negative interactions with covid-19 so I quit taking it on the 27th.

When I saw a cardiologist for the first time on April 3rd about my hypertension, I noted my concern about Lisinoprol so he prescribed Amlodipine in place of Lisinopril due to my concern and I felt better making the switch.

Well, today I saw a video on another thread on this board that I will link below and would like to get feedback as now it appears the Lisinopril is the better option. I have both prescriptions available, so should I switch back to the Lisinopril?

Link:

Video on how CV kills Some but not others

Video:

Quote:

So at 20:18 he seems to say people on Lisinopril (ACE2 inibitor) could potentially be at less risk of a serious infection, but this seems to contradict the initial reports (from China before it was widespread here) that this could make you more at risk of a serious infection.

Would greatly appreciate responses regarding this matter as I have a telehealth appt with my cardiologist on this Friday and would like to discuss this with him,

Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate all of the doctors inputs on this thread as well as all of your hard work doing what you all do as I have 2 daughters working in the medical fields in two hospitals and know what they are going through and concerned for them as well as each of you all. May God continue to Bless and take care of each of you doing what He put you on this earth to do!!!
The honest answer on weather ACE/ARB's help or hurt in COVID is really still out there. However, the evidence is certainly starting to lean towards it helping. I would definitely discuss it with your cardiologist or PCP. This data could change but the current recommendations is to stay on them.

What we do know is the uncontrolled blood pressure is a risk factor. Some recent information out of a New York hospital shows that over 90% of the deaths had at list one risk factor and over 80% had at least two. So getting your blood pressure under control is going to be very important and likely more a risk for severe disease than the medication.
DuncanAg
AG
Question for Doc Rev as it relates to comorbitities and COVID19. Apologies if you have already addressed this in the thread. I am sure there are several of us like this...

I'm in my early 40s and about 2 years ago my PCP started me on low dose statin (10mg). Personally, I feel like he's aggressive given my levels weren't all that bad (total cholesterol was approximately 170-180 but the issue he had was my HDL has always been around 40 - it's genetic as I am not sedentary (workout 3-4x week) probably still need to lose about 15 lbs - but who doesn't). Most recently my liver enzymes were slightly elevated so I have come off the statin for confirmation it's what's causing my elevation. Good news that it is but they want me to wait another month to confirm the results.

Long winded explanation to ask if elevated cholesterol is considered a comorbitity as it relates to COVID19? I am sure it's not a simple answer because it leads to cardiovascular disease. Full disclosure I have always had good BP (110-118/72-80) with resting HR of around 58. PAD negative via ankle-brachial test. IMT test shows slight thickening but has improved with the statin (I understand this is fairly normal) 12 lead at NSR (checked annually).

Thanks Doc!
Cepe
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Given bioweapons are against the rules, you would think the Chinese would be wise enough to not develop bioweapons in a lab everyone knows about and the US has sufficient access to warn they were doing a bad job at safety. If you are going to develop chemical or biological weapons in violation of multiple international treaties, you do it in a secret military lab hidden away from prying eyes.

The accidental release of a virus collected or modified for research purposes makes a lot more sense. That the CCP covered it up is par for the course. That the coverup made things worse is predictable. That the WHO is making statements about no evidence it came from the lab is disappointing.

Best explanation discussed I've seen were the test bats were intended to be destroyed but they were sold on the black market into the wet markets because they are so valuable by the lab staff. Don't know if its true or not of course, but seems the most plausible to me.
Reveille
AG
DuncanAg said:

Question for Doc Rev as it relates to comorbitities and COVID19. Apologies if you have already addressed this in the thread. I am sure there are several of us like this...

I'm in my early 40s and about 2 years ago my PCP started me on low dose statin (10mg). Personally, I feel like he's aggressive given my levels weren't all that bad (total cholesterol was approximately 170-180 but the issue he had was my HDL has always been around 40 - it's genetic as I am not sedentary (workout 3-4x week) probably still need to lose about 15 lbs - but who doesn't). Most recently my liver enzymes were slightly elevated so I have come off the statin for confirmation it's what's causing my elevation. Good news that it is but they want me to wait another month to confirm the results.

Long winded explanation to ask if elevated cholesterol is considered a comorbitity as it relates to COVID19? I am sure it's not a simple answer because it leads to cardiovascular disease. Full disclosure I have always had good BP (110-118/72-80) with resting HR of around 58. PAD negative via ankle-brachial test. IMT test shows slight thickening but has improved with the statin (I understand this is fairly normal) 12 lead at NSR (checked annually).

Thanks Doc!
Yes it is. With the IMT test showing some thickening you need to definitely focus on getting your cholesterol under control. The number that is most important is your LDL cholesterol. Will need to get your LDL under 100 with and ideal of under 70 with the history of thickening. The total cholesterol is not really that important. Current data shows it is the ratio of LDL to HDL. You need to try to get this ratio under 2:1 if you can.

HDL is largely genetic and not too much you can do. Exercise helps raise it along with Niacin. If you take niacin use low flush and take an aspirin 30 min prior to using as it can cause significant flushing which patients do not like.

LDL you can focus on and statins are by far the best treatment. You will likely not need too much but I agree with PCP that is an appropriate treatment. Remember heart disease kills about 650,000 Americans each year so this alone is much riskier than COVID-19.
maroonbeansnrice
AG
"...a virus collected or modified for research purposes makes a lot more sense."

Agree with this too as being the most likely.
-Jimbo Fisher
maroonbeansnrice
AG
And I think there is compiling evidence if the "modified" part.
-Jimbo Fisher
Patentmike
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Blue star and follow up. I know I'm not the only one that's looked at arguments on why this virus did not come from a lab or wasn't engineered. I don't find those arguments convincing. I am not saying the virus was engineered, just that there is not enough public evidence either way.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2676923752590565/?sfnsn=mo

Tx-Ag2010
AG
Does NAC interfere with Lostartan? I have a routine follow up with my cardiologist in 6 weeks but curious to hear your input. All the research I've done seems to say It's not an issue.
ddugat
AG
Are they simply being slow to announce patients as "recovered"? Strictly looking at the numbers, there should soon be 20,000 a day announced as recovered and immune. Am I missing something?
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I am sceptical of the recovered numbers. A youngish ( late 40 something) man from one of my hometowns was hospitalized in critical condition with this for a couple of weeks. He now tests negative so would be considered recoverd. He is being moved to a long term care facitliy because although he is now negative for the virus he has lost substantial lung function, has had to have a trache, and his wife is now on facebook asking for prayers for recovery of his lung function so he can resume life has it was before the virus. So I am not sure he will ever really recover.
beerad12man
AG
On the other end of the spectrum, I would bet that there are hundreds of thousands recovered that were never in the numbers to begin with.

I am truly sorry to hear about that situation, but for every horror story we hear, I'm sure there are 10, 20, if not 50x as many success stories.
SPF250
AG
ddugat said:

Are they simply being slow to announce patients as "recovered"? Strictly looking at the numbers, there should soon be 20,000 a day announced as recovered and immune. Am I missing something?
In my state, there is nothing timely about the reporting. A close acquaintance's mother, covid positive, passed away and it took more than a week for it to show in the statistics. I have to assume this is common.
Reveille
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

Does NAC interfere with Lostartan? I have a routine follow up with my cardiologist in 6 weeks but curious to hear your input. All the research I've done seems to say It's not an issue.
No not than I am aware of.
Reveille
AG
ddugat said:

It just takes awhile to completely clear the virus but I agree soon we should start seeing 15-25 thousand per day.
Reveille
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

I am sceptical of the recovered numbers. A youngish ( late 40 something) man from one of my hometowns was hospitalized in critical condition with this for a couple of weeks. He now tests negative so would be considered recoverd. He is being moved to a long term care facitliy because although he is now negative for the virus he has lost substantial lung function, has had to have a trache, and his wife is now on facebook asking for prayers for recovery of his lung function so he can resume life has it was before the virus. So I am not sure he will ever really recover.
Yes unfortunately he would be considered recovered but that is something that is not being said. Many people who have "recovered" or a better word survived are not and likely will not ever be the same. They are being lost in the coverage. I mentioned it a month or so ago and will probably touch on it again soon.

While people survive the disease they are sometimes left with a significant decrease in lung, heart, kidney and even liver functions. Only time will tell but I would venture to guess most of these will permanently disabled.
Reveille
AG
beerad12man said:

On the other end of the spectrum, I would bet that there are hundreds of thousands recovered that were never in the numbers to begin with.

I am truly sorry to hear about that situation, but for every horror story we hear, I'm sure there are 10, 20, if not 50x as many success stories.
I would bet millions are in that number.
Old RV Ag
AG
Reveille said:

3rd Generation Ag said:

Yes unfortunately he would be considered recovered but that is something that is not being said. Many people who have "recovered" or a better word survived are not and likely will not ever be the same. They are being lost in the coverage. I mentioned it a month or so ago and will probably touch on it again soon.

While people survive the disease they are sometimes left with a significant decrease in lung, heart, kidney and even liver functions. Only time will tell but I would venture to guess most of these will permanently disabled.
This is what bothers me a lot - everyone assumes this disease is binary in outcomes. About 15 years ago, my beautiful early 30s niece contracted West Nile. She developed encephalitis and was hospitalized for months. It left her paralyzed in her legs and one arm. Speech was also affected. Well, with lots of work she can walk with a walker, taught herself to write with the other unaffected hand, and to speak again. She lost her daughter, as she was only 4 at the time and my niece obviously couldn't raise her, so she was raised by her grandmother. Yes, she survived, but that virus essentially destroyed her life.
FrecklesDad
AG
Those that have "recovered" are not being talked about enough. Life is precious, but quality of life is very important also. I am a 65 year old diabetic and I am not afraid to die, but I am much more afraid of getting this disease in a bad form and "recovering" from it. I think your term calling it surviving is much more appropriate.

Anyway, thank you so much for providing us with so much great timely information.
GaryClare
AG
cbr
AG
Reveille said:

3rd Generation Ag said:

Well how the **** is anyone supposed to make a rational decision when there is no reliable data on this? I mean 'its a bad illness but 99% recover in 3 weeks and are immune' is a completely and totally different scenario than 'well, 99% dont die the first time around but 10% that survive are ****ed up for life'. And which is yet again a totally different thing than 'oh yeah and it hangs around like aids or herpes and flares back up' or 'it can reinfect you, there is limited immunity'

Its been 6 months. If the medical research community doesnt have these answers yet, theyve failed miserably. If they do have these answers, they are not disclosing them, which presumably means its bad. Especially given the reactions of governments.
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.