Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,249,868 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tamc91
Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Willy Wonka said:

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and is taking enbrel to ****** joint deterioration. Is it a good idea for her to remain on that or should she get off it for a couple of months?

She's doing the quercetain and multivitamin

Thanks!
Boy this is a really difficult question that should be discussed with her Rheumatologist and PCP. It is really going to depend on how bad her arthritis is. Remember that it blocks TNF alpha which is one of the enzymes in cytokine storm so it is being tested in the acutely ill now. So I just don't think we know at this point.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MarlinChaser11
AG
Talking to some friends that work in different hospitals in the Houston area and they seem to say we are nearing a tipping point of this getting very bad in Texas. One even went to say every patient that calls in is assumed to have COVID and any person you interact with has COVID whether it might be mild or asymptomatic. Not trying to bring bad news but have you heard anything similar ?
AgLA06
AG
MarlinChaser11 said:

Talking to some friends that work in different hospitals in the Houston area and they seem to say we are nearing a tipping point of this getting very bad in Texas. One even went to say every patient that calls in is assumed to have COVID and any person you interact with has COVID whether it might be mild or asymptomatic. Not trying to bring bad news but have you heard anything similar ?

Anything is possible, but it wouldn't make any sense.

There's less than 700 confirmed cases and almost 20k hospital beds in Houston.
Exsurge Domine
Yeah I thought Texas was supposed to be one of the few places that might be okay due to our huge medical industry
Bryan98
AG
MarlinChaser11 said:

Sounds like someone was told "Treat all patients ass if they have COVID" for cautionary purposes, but there was a miscommunication.
BiochemAg97
AG
MarlinChaser11 said:

assuming everyone has it as a precaution makes a lot of sense. Doesn't mean everyone or even most actually have it.
Caleb12
Edited: wrong info
AgLA06
AG
A large portion of cases don't require hospitalization and there has only been 33 in Houston. The majority of the time the only way to get tested is if your being admitted to a hospital. Case numbers and hospitalizations should correlate (with a slight lag).
Caleb12
Yeah my Data source may be wrong I'm looking into it ...
AggieBiker
AG
AgLA06 said:

A large portion of cases don't require hospitalization and there has only been 33 in Houston. The majority of the time the only way to get tested is if your being admitted to a hospital. Case numbers and hospitalizations should correlate (with a slight lag).
Are you saying there have only been 33 hospitalized CV patients in Houston?
Reveille
AG
Newest update

https://www.facebook.com/1074406732/posts/10218444476597927/?sfnsn=mo

Gig'em!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tom Cardy
AG
Thanks for the updates and answers, Doc!

Could you summarize what you would recommend for daily dosing for a healthy adult?

• Vitamin C
  • Zinc
  • Quercetin
Reveille
AG
Zinc any strength is fine. Debatable if you need Zinc supplements is you eat a balanced diet!

Vitamin C 1g per day is plenty

Quercetin 1g once or twice per day
AgLA06
AG
Deaths as of the release I saw yesterday.
Highway6
AG
Our daughter 32 years old, 5 weeks post a C-section, breastfeeding, and typical new mom exhausted.
I'm concerned her resistance is low.

Is Quercetin okay for her to take?
Bird Poo
AG
Highway6 said:

Our daughter 32 years old, 5 weeks post a C-section, breastfeeding, and typical new mom exhausted.

I think it's a vegetable concentrate.
Reveille
AG
Highway6 said:

Yes it is a relatively benign vitamin!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Although I suggest not taking all this on an empty stomach. I normally do two cups of coffee then breakfast. My new vitamins came in yesterday so thought I would take them to start the day. Bad idea. I started feeling yukky and the coffee did not seem to make it better. So I had my toast between the two cups and as sos there was real food to mix with the vitamin mix, I was back to normal. Will be sure to take the evening run with dinner.
BSD
AG
That just happened to me, too. I had to sit down for a few and then had some fruit. I'll be sure to have breakfast tomorrow.
AgsMyDude
AG
Which did you get? I'm about out of mine and want to try a different brand
74OA
AG
nm
JMac03
AG
I have a very weak stomach. First time I took Quecertin at night and I had stomach issues for 2 days and didn't feel good - now it may have been a fluke but who knows. The first time I took Zinc I became very bloated and stomach hurt.

They both seem to be doing better - I take one Quecertin at night and Zinc midday around lunch. I have been taking Vitamin C&D3for a long time, it doesn't bother me. But generally vitamins and me don't mix (I can't take iron or calcium).
Reveille
AG
Zinc is likely upsetting your stomach. It is known to do that. Cut the Zinc in half and take it with food. Zinc is also very debatable on how much you need.
TAMUallen
AG
Reveille said:

Zinc is likely upsetting your stomach. It is known to do that. Cut the Zinc in half and take it with food. Zinc is also very debatable on how much you need.

Zinc kills my stomach if I don't have something in my stomach for 15 mins before.
olduffer
AG
I've been taking Quecertin for some time now, and the directions say to take it on an empty stomach, which I do. Never understood why. Anyone know?
reload85
Here is a link to the Ivermectin research against SARS-2 in cell culture. Need more studies but it seems promising.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011
6.5 Swede
I found HEB has theirs or the NOW brand in stock. I'm taking daily the Solgar brand as it has bromelain, rutin and Ester C. I've stockpiled for my family Thorne Quercenese in case we get sick.
McCoveysCove
If a child is allergic to Zithromax and erythromycin does that mean they will be allergic to it as they get older ? For example 17-19 years later? If so what else could be substituted for the Z pak with the Hydrochloroquine?
JD Shellnut
AG
I think they have started using doxy too.
Reveille
AG
McCoveysCove said:

If a child is allergic to Zithromax and erythromycin does that mean they will be allergic to it as they get older ? For example 17-19 years later? If so what else could be substituted for the Z pak with the Hydrochloroquine?

The hydroxychlorquinone is the most important part.
JYDog90
AG
Reveille said:

McCoveysCove said:

I was wondering about this as I'm allergic to erythromycin as well.

Supposedly I got erythema multiformae from it as a kid.
buffalo chip
S
Willy Wonka said:

Reveille said:

McCoveysCove said:

I was wondering about this as I'm allergic to erythromycin as well.

Supposedly I got erythema multiformae from it as a kid.
Look at pages 23 and 24 of the HCL thread. Somebody cites an article about a Long Island doctor who substitutes doxycyclin for Z pac because his patients are from a nursing home and have heart issues.
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/2661014640848143/?sfnsn=mo

AggieAuditor
AG
Edit: found the answer to my question in the comments of your Facebook post.
TexansAg2011
AG
How likely is it that we return to normal activity in the next 2-3 months? Is there a real threat to college football season?
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.